BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Tom Cairney

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like Cairney from what I've seen so far. Tidy in his play, does the simple things well and provides the link between midfield, defence and forwards. Does the job that Jones from Wigan did for us.

Not a match winner and I'm not convinced he could do a job in a league higher than this one and I do suspect that he's more of a player who plays well when the opposition are physically weak and not too imposing, but quietly impressed so far.

There you see - positivity.

It will be interesting to see who starts in centre midfield in the coming games now that evans is in contention and looking very impressive. Lowe is obviously the least talented of himself, dunn, cairney and evans, , but he is finally in form so it would harsh to drop him now, some tough managerial decisions coming up for GB.

At the moment - from the last two games - you couldn't change the midfield two of Lowe and Cairney. But it is a long season and having Evans and Williamson in reserve shows a drastic change in the depth of cover we now have in centre midfield.

At the moment - from the last two games - you couldn't change the midfield two of Lowe and Cairney. But it is a long season and having Evans and Williamson in reserve shows a drastic change in the depth of cover we now have in centre midfield.

forgot about Williamson(gb was bigin him up to play a vital role earlier in the week) and theres also Etuhu!(we're spoilt for choice and variety in cm for the 1st time since the hughes days)

personally id have Evans starting every time at the heart of midfield with the other spots varying according to game plan(cairney for home games, Williamson or lowe for tougher away games) and Dunn playing the advanced role for as long as his legs will allow.

• Backroom

Errrrrr.... I'm confused??? I thought Tombothegreat was otherwise known as WSR (or West Sussex Rover). Please explain.

Sorry Fife poor attempt at humour, Tombo is Wsr along with many other banned names on here and infamous on twitter

My twitter handle is simply my name

Not sure how anyone can really judge Evans yet from a brief cameo, but Cairney looks like he can play football, knock it around etc.

Early days yet, this league is about standing up for yourself and winning a physical battle away at a place like Barnsley on a cold winters tuesday night mudbath.

He wanted/pushed for a permanent move in the Summer. Worryingly, Hull said that they wanted to monitor him for 6 months and a sale wasn't an option. He'd still like to sign for us, and can in summer. Let's just hope Hull stay up and decide he isn't good enough for them.

He wanted/pushed for a permanent move in the Summer. Worryingly, Hull said that they wanted to monitor him for 6 months and a sale wasn't an option. He'd still like to sign for us, and can in summer. Let's just hope Hull stay up and decide he isn't good enough for them.

Let's hope we go up and Hull go down!

• 3 months later...

Archived