BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wigan fans saying we've missed a payment on Rhodes?

Exactly, how would they know? I'd be very suprised whilst paying off players contracts left right and centre we didn't have enough to make a catalogue payment... Remember we've just spent almost 1 million on Marshall! Corey Evans was 500k too. I do think if Wigan came in Jordan might be tempted.

Well well well who was banding words to this effect a while back, good old Nixon !

I sometimes wonder if this isn't all being done on purpose. I wouldn't trust Shaw as far as i could push the little weeble. Venkys probably haven't got a clue what's going on.

Although we have signed Evans and Marshall with a fee, remember, those fees can be substantially staggered so initially, we may nave needed to pay very little up front.

Common understanding is Hudders were due £2.5m on 31 August.

There is a world of difference in finding say 20% of £1.5million in comparison to finding £2.5million.

May just be mischief making but we do live in difficult times now with rovers.

One thing I can say with total confidence is that Nixon certainly has a grudge to bear and any info from him should be taken with a massive pinch of salt as Tompill states Nixon did say words to those effect a while back & wouldn't surprise me if he has done this purposely as recently I have had a couple of run ins with Mr Nixon I first challenged him a month or so back about Watfords use of spending pretend money about their owners owning 3 clubs and transfering players between each I basically said it was immoral and it gives them advantage over everyone else it gives them a guaranteed play off/auto promotion spot and he has basically countered and thinks that behaviour is acceptable and he condones it. Then after the trotters game the story of the rhodes to Wigan came out as chaddy tweeted the link was obviously hacked off with how we beat them so convincingly so this has been put out as a de-stabilising tactic so then I asked him on twitter how "Wee Dougie" was getting on at Bolton no reply nothing I then found out he unfollowed me on twitter & protected his tweets it's no skin of my nose but to not reply then unfollow smacks of someone holding a deep seated grudge personally I am not bothered he can do what he likes and because of this and given the fact both Bowyer & Rhodes have rubbished this suggests to me he is probably still on here under a psyeudnym scratching around for dirt but personally think he is a bit hacked off he lost his contact at rovers & is just stirring the pot.

What happened to Huddersfield getting all the cash upfront? Or was that BS that Huddersfield fans (Ben) made up to deal with the heartache.

As I have said on the Rhodes thread... It was 8 million guaranteed rather than 8 million upfront. Please look through all my previous posts and you'll find this is what i was stating when the deal was done. 8 million was the asking price, 8 million was the deal done, to be paid in instalments over 5 years.

A few days ago, before the window closed Wigan fans were also saying Rhodes was a done deal , his agent was at the DW and so on. I think this playing in Europe thing has gone too their heads. Im surprised the fans didn`t insist that Whelan hijack the Bale deal, of course it doesn`t help with Nixon winding them up, mind you they`ll eventually wise up, Lol remember our "£50 million war chest".

As I have said on the Rhodes thread... It was 8 million guaranteed rather than 8 million upfront. Please look through all my previous posts and you'll find this is what i was stating when the deal was done. 8 million was the asking price, 8 million was the deal done, to be paid in instalments over 5 years.

...according to the Huddersfield chairman, talking to fans.

Who cares what the pie eaters think. They are a garbage outfit and Coyle is a numpty braindead fool of a manager. He wont do the business at wigan because as have all seen he is a failure.

Pie eaters don't have the clout to buy Rhodes because even with the Mccarthy cash how much did they splash out ?

They need to spend more time chasing the oval wind bag.

Archived