BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Loan Signings...

Veevs

Well window has closed, what players do you think we might (if any) be after during the loan window (from 8th of Sept)?

Nathaniel Chalobah or Josh McEachran from Chelsea would be nice additions IMO.. Friedel has been mentioned by some as a good addition and Lundstrum has apparently been linked.. I know we have a pretty large squad but it still has room for a couple of top loan signing from premier league sides.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think we need anyone. Maybe an experienced keeper like Friedel if we can, otherwise I think we would be adding needlessly to an already bloated squad.

Midfield in particular, we have Evans, Cairney, Lowe, Marrow, Williamson(back in training), maybe Etuhu, Dunn, King, Marshall, Judge and Taylor.

I prefer the 4-2-3-1/4-4-1-1 we are playing so Campbell and Best are more than enough back up up front, and defensively we are fine with Kilgallon and Henley able to come in.

I'm tempted to say we have enough players - but you can never have to much quality nor too many options.

Any players we bring should fit one of those 2 categories ie bring superior quality (and not just hard graft) OR bring an option to provide us with a Plan B (e.g. a target man forward?)

IMO whether we loan someone or not will be dependant on what happens with Best...on his wages, if he was going to be loaned out then I'd want them all paying (not likely). Surely it's false economy to loan best out and pay some of his wages plus the wages of any possible loanee?

Having said that GB does want a target man style player to lead the line and offer us something different...

I do love the Friedel idea but Robbo can probably provide that experienced head should Kean continue making mistakes.

Those two Chelsea players mentioned will go somewhere. Why not us?

I just don't think we need any more CM though...or defenders...or wingers!!

In fact we have Rhodes, Best and DJ for one spot..so unless he really wants Best out then I don't see why we need another!

Q - which striker would like to come on loan at Rovers from a PL club to provide cover for Jordan Rhodes (aka the Duracell bunny)?

I don't think we need anyone. Maybe an experienced keeper like Friedel if we can, otherwise I think we would be adding needlessly to an already bloated squad.

Midfield in particular, we have Evans, Cairney, Lowe, Marrow, Williamson(back in training), maybe Etuhu, Dunn, King, Marshall, Judge and Taylor.

I prefer the 4-2-3-1/4-4-1-1 we are playing so Campbell and Best are more than enough back up up front, and defensively we are fine with Kilgallon and Henley able to come in.

Agree on the 4-2-3-1 but saying that.. the flexibility given by the Chalobah kid to work in def or midfield would be great especially given we only have 3-4 central defenders in Hanley, Dann, Songo'o and Killgannon.... IMO the chelsea kid is better than the lot of them... we have 5 for the 3 attacking midfield options and that includes 1 loan player, the unfit Dunn and the erratic King surely having a player like Lundstrum or Josh in there as an option would be worthwhile... again Josh is EPL standard and above what we have currently.

How many loans can a team have? Think its 3 if im ryt?? So far we got kane and cairney?

pretty sure its unlimited for Championship and below, but only 5 can be used in the matchday squad, Watford pretty much ran a team of Italian loanees last year, so the league tightned the regs on number that can play.

Yep you can only have 5 in your match day squad. The problem was with Watford last season most of the loan players came from abroad and loan players from abroad are counted as transfers not loans so weren't limited to just using 5. Most of the players came from the teams the owners of Watford also owned.

So simply we can get quite a number of loan players if we so desire. There is a limit to having only 2 loan players from any one particular club. Unless from abroad - unless of course this was changed after the way Watford operated. Of course there is nothing stopping the owners of Watford from selling players between their clubs cheaply. oh hang on they did.....was it eight of them or more in the end...

Archived