BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Loan Signings...

Veevs

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bowyer is hoping to bring in a new striker on loan before Burnley game. likely to be target man type striker.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/10664808.Blackburn_Rovers_manager_Gary_Bowyer_aims_to_complete_a_striker_swoop/

we are defo lacking this type of striker to give us a plan B. I cant see Best playing again for Rovers after his bust up with Bowyer after the Doncaster game.

Bowyer is hoping to bring in a new striker on loan before Burnley game. likely to be target man type striker.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/10664808.Blackburn_Rovers_manager_Gary_Bowyer_aims_to_complete_a_striker_swoop/

we are defo lacking this type of striker to give us a plan B. I cant see Best playing again for Rovers after his bust up with Bowyer after the Doncaster game.

What happened with Best and Bowyer?

Please not Wilbraham

Maynard or Sharp would be ok ideas

Neither Maynard or Sharp are target man type striker on there. both are very similar to type of strikers to Rhodes so cant see them coming him.

What happened with Best and Bowyer?

there had a bust up after Doncaster cos Best wasn't happy at not playing/starting that game. was covered in the last podcast by Kamy

Rovers play better in a 4-2-3-1 formation and Rhodes is ALWAYS going to start cos he is more likely to score a goal than anyone is

Strange suggestion in that LET article. Says that Nunes going on loan to Coventry will free up funds for a striker on loan. Surely Nunes can't be on much to begin with, and Coventry are broke and in administration aren't they? So can't see them contributing much if anything.

• Backroom

Strange suggestion in that LET article. Says that Nunes going on loan to Coventry will free up funds for a striker on loan. Surely Nunes can't be on much to begin with, and Coventry are broke and in administration aren't they? So can't see them contributing much if anything.

Seems like guess work

No one is saying Wilbraham is good but who wants to come and sit on our bench on loan? Wilbraham has not been included in Holloways squad so he will be up for it...

I have no issue at all with it. Maynard and Sharp aren't gonna leave the Premier league to sit on our bench...

It's a tricky situation because we need a striker who is prepared to sit on the bench but will give their all when they come on.

So that basically rules out young strikers from the Premier League because they won't get a game and also players like Sharp and Maynard who will expect to play every game.

I think Best could be that player to come on and make an impact but he doesn't want to be seen as second choice to Rhodes.

Bowyer is looking for options and currently we don't have a big man who we can lump the ball to so I guess that's why he is bringing in Wilbraham.

I have no idea if he is any good but I'm not going to get in a flap over it because we have the best striker in the championship who is guaranteed a start if he is fit.

Palace fans really don't rate him. As in really, really don't rate him.

What are we up to? (If he's coming).

You must have been reading a different Palace board to me !

Yes they say he's not great at putting it in the net, but he has a great first touch and wins nearly everything in the air. oh and he works bloody hard too.

He could be a good tactic at some away venues, ie Turd Moor, Leicester etc,.

You must have been reading a different Palace board to me !

Yes they say he's not great at putting it in the net, but he has a great first touch and wins nearly everything in the air. oh and he works bloody hard too.

He could be a good tactic at some away venues, ie Turd Moor, Leicester etc,.

I haven't read their board. I was going by twitter and a Palace fan at work who called him a "sh*te version of Heskey".

It's not the end of the world because Campbell is proven and I don't think we would go down if Rhodes got injured.

But surely we can do better than this guy?

If GB is indeed after this guy it must be based on tactics not scoring prowess,could be good in some games, but agree Campbell will always get

his share in this league.

After some of the lazy sods we've had lately, maybe I'm just impressed when I read a few comments saying he works hard and

has an excellent 1st touch, I think my expectations have been lowered significantly in the last few years.

I haven't read their board. I was going by twitter and a Palace fan at work who called him a "sh*te version of Heskey".

I must admit to preferring the old fashioned way. If we go for him, give him a chance playing for us, if he is shyte, get rid.

Archived