BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Loan Signings...

Veevs

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm, is it me, but were we suppose to bring in a player every week before a game? Then nothing happened ie Bowyer saying we looking to bring in a player, then nothing? I'm sure I've heard this before, but not that I'm too concerned, but surely we could do with another striker option, if Best won't be playing.

• Backroom

Hmm, is it me, but were we suppose to bring in a player every week before a game? Then nothing happened ie Bowyer saying we looking to bring in a player, then nothing? I'm sure I've heard this before, but not that I'm too concerned, but surely we could do with another striker option, if Best won't be playing.

It seems that since the Doncaster game there is a comment midweek each week about bringing a striker in

He says it so often that surely it's gone beyond the point where it could be a mistake on GB's part. So why would he say it every week? One reason could be to put a bit of pressure on certain people (eg Degsy?) to make these things happen. To make a transfer/loan come off takes more than the manager/coach just identifying a target.

The only point in bringing someone in, is if they are good enough to play in the first team. If not its more money gone, and less opportunities for the development of youngsters.

Wilbraham seems like a bad idea from that point, we have 1 striker berth and 3 strikers with better scoring records than him. With Dunny having had a "minor" knee op, he could by past records be out for months. That to me if anything leaves us a little bereft of a creative no10 type player. If you could bring someone in to play there then Id give it a try.

Not convinced GB does really want Wilbraham. He's not wanted at palace, would most probably willing to be a bench player and would be cheap so I think we would have signed him by now if GB really wanted him. It all points to him be a fall back option if other options don't come off.

If Robinson ain't going to be fit for months ....

Shay Given , we need a good keeper , Kean has lost his confidence ...

and you think by dropping Kean his confidence will come back!!!

We need to stick by Kean NOT drop him.

plus no way can we afford Given wages rumour to be 40 k plus.

we cant just keep adding to the wage bill. we have a large squad and now we have to use it.

and you think by dropping Kean his confidence will come back!!!

We need to stick by Kean NOT drop him.

plus no way can we afford Given wages rumour to be 40 k plus.

we cant just keep adding to the wage bill. we have a large squad and now we have to use it.

You can't keep playing a keeper that continually makes mistakes if you have aspirations to win anything.

Archived