BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Loan Signings...

Veevs

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know this isn't directly tied to loan signings (though perhaps could have been), but this has become the place for general transfer-related stuff I feel.

I've just seen on Wiki that Colin Kazim-Richards has been sold to Bursaspor, 2 weeks back. For just 250,000 Euros. Nobody else think that would have been a bargain? I think he's a player we could have done with, myself. Rather him than Best.

I know this isn't directly tied to loan signings (though perhaps could have been), but this has become the place for general transfer-related stuff I feel.

I've just seen on Wiki that Colin Kazim-Richards has been sold to Bursaspor, 2 weeks back. For just 250,000 Euros. Nobody else think that would have been a bargain? I think he's a player we could have done with, myself. Rather him than Best.

Decent price but another type I wouldn't want about the place if I'm honest.

How do you know it is Bowyers fault ? One area he is knowledgeable is young talent - like Lingard. Just possibly we are working to a budget or possibly he wants a more experienced player which is more difficult to fit in our budget. Also Bowyer identifies the player it is down to Shaw to negotiate.

Give over, straight in for Marrow/judge suggests the old loyal black book is fairly bare. ...we can all identify a good young player at united, but he seems to have as much chance of getting him to Ewood as I would have. We need to get a more experienced head in now while the ship is fairly steady(steady..)...perhaps as director of football....hoddle, Sven, Souness,....I dunno....just need an injection of charisma...perhaps old Bilaji can get some of his boys onto it....

Absolutely. We miss his skill and aggression this season. It was a mistake not to keep him.

If Sven was just there to scout, use his contacts etc. and not actually get involved in the coaching/managing, he might be a good appointment. That's if he isn't in his usual 'here for the money' mode.

Seems unrealistic on first thought but I see Zaha hasn't played one minute for United yet. Could be worth seeing if Shaw could twist Moyes' arm into letting us borrow him for a couple months as it's better than him getting splinters in his arse. He wouldn't have to move too which would be a bonus and he can't go to a prem club on loan until jan. Worth asking anyway.

Anyone we bring in has to be guaranteed starting most games or at least getting significant game time. that means they have to be better than what we have in their position. Maybe we just don't want or need certain players even if they look like they'd be a decent signing because we have enough in there to mean they wouldn't necessarily get that game time and we are really just looking for a certain player or it's not worth bothering.

• Backroom

Watching Norwich reminded me of the lad Kei Kamara they had last season and thought he would be a great option but I see he has joined Middlesborough, that lad could jump!

There's been some smart signings from teams in this league this season and some I think we should have at least been trying for (maybe we did?) like Holt and McGuigan

Archived