BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Loan Signings...

Veevs

If GB is indeed after this guy it must be based on tactics not scoring prowess,could be good in some games, but agree Campbell will always get

his share in this league.

After some of the lazy sods we've had lately, maybe I'm just impressed when I read a few comments saying he works hard and

has an excellent 1st touch, I think my expectations have been lowered significantly in the last few years.

It's not that I don't rate strikers who aren't prolific. It's just he would be coming in to play as a lone striker I think.

Which is when I don't rate strikers who aren't prolific. I never had a problem with Roberts in the team next to Santa Cruz or whoever but as a lone striker, it was a different story.

If we're still a little sketchy defensively, then I'd like to play a lone striker who is a little more of a goal threat.

But if Bowyer wants a certain type of player and this is the best he thinks he can do, then fair enough, let's see how he gets on.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rhodes is our number one man, obviously, and DJ Campbell's returning from a layoff. I take it that GB wants a utility man who's happy to warm the bench, and come on if we're chasing a game. Rovers don't have a target man in the squad, so he'd offer something at least (because it won't be goals, that's fo' sure). Ideally we would prefer a young PL striker on loan but their club might want assurances over gametime that we simply can't give.

Dailymail saying Wilbraham is coming in. He really IS that bad. Please anyone but him.

Bad news if its true looks like it still the same bent Rovers. Absolutely disgusting to even be linked with this plodder who ever is behind needs to kept as far away form the club as possible.

It would be an absolutely shocking move one that laughs in the face of all Blackburn Rovers supporters.

I know you have a penchant for the overdramatic, Jal, but jeeeez.

Selling Rhodes to Wigan and signing this guy as his replacement, now THAT would be laughing in the face of Rovers fans. As it stands, he's a low-risk squad signing who would give us some height and presence up front, someone Rhodes could play-off if we switch to 4-4-2 during the game. Palace fans seem to rate his contributions, in spite of his lack of goals. Not the most inspiring of signings, I know, but then he isn't meant to be.

Yet again I am pleased with Bowyer in that the type of player he is targetting makes total sense in terms of adding another dimension to our attack and feeding our main asset in Rhodes. With the delivery from players like Kane & Marshall, a player to knock the ball down for Rhodes and get a few with his head will be a great option.

Slightly off topic, the only signings I am a bit concerned about are Judge and Marrow who, to me, it looks like we have out-grown already. But in saying that it's a long season so we will need a squad.

Robbies 11 best ways to get a move in football:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23703265

It's just a loan signing, not my choice but the chances are he is never going to start while Rhodes is fit. He'll probably only ever come on if we need two strikers on.

If we need 2 strikers on then most likely we are chasing the game and need a goal. I believe he has 3 assists in the same 2 seasons he scored 3 goals, not really what you want when chasing the game IMO.

We'll see what he can do once here but hopefully he can improve on what he has achieved recently.

Loaning striker to the Rovers bench is really pointless for any PL club. Wilbraham isn´t wanted at Palace so he is available even for the bench role. Januzaj or Lingaard could make the difference and very disappointed if they go elsewhere in the Championship.

Both players may or may not adapt to the Championship - where we know Wilbraham will - would they add the same dimension to the team in terms of hold up play, winning headers and generally unsettling centre halves or would they just be similar players to ones we already have ? Also - with an already young team - do we want to be signing more inexperience ?

Don't know the answer - but I am sure questions that GB must have asked himself.

http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=246644

Link there discussing him on a forum. No absolutely scathing reports.

Looks like he's a complete opposite to Rhodes - ability to hold up the ball but lacks a cutting edge. Might not be bad to have off the bench for the last 20 minutes when it's backs to the wall somewhere. So many times last year we got pushed further and further back, eventually and rather predictably conceding in the last 5 mins. To have someone to take the pressure off and allow our midfield to face the opposition goal can be invaluable.

Edit: I agree with Finland - I still think an 'in the hole' player would be a good last signing of the summer. Who knows how long until Rochina is fully fit, and can we really rely on Dunny to stay fit?

Edit: I agree with Finland - I still think an 'in the hole' player would be a good last signing of the summer. Who knows how long until Rochina is fully fit, and can we really rely on Dunny to stay fit?

Though they have only played that role occasionally for Rovers - there is Cairney, Judge and Marshall - how many do we need ?

Selling Rhodes to Wigan and signing this guy as his replacement, now THAT would be laughing in the face of Rovers fans. As it stands, he's a low-risk squad signing who would give us some height and presence up front, someone Rhodes could play-off if we switch to 4-4-2 during the game. Palace fans seem to rate his contributions, in spite of his lack of goals. Not the most inspiring of signings, I know, but then he isn't meant to be.

We need players who can get the results and do the job. Wilbraham simply doesnt fit this bill, he should be signing for Stanley and not the Rovers if the club has any ambition.

Though they have only played that role occasionally for Rovers - there is Cairney, Judge and Marshall - how many do we need ?

Are we assuming that those 3 can actually play that role? I'm not sure Judge has the ability to pick the lock, Cairney I much prefer deeper and dictating tempo, Marshall.. I know literally nothing about him and will reserve judgement.

Do you feel that we have adequately replaced the gaping hole that Rochina leaves? A cheap 6 month loan of Janujaz might well keep us in a race for the top 6 - if of course we are actually capable of being in it.

I do still feel that a workhorse up front can be extremely useful in this division. Wilbraham might well just be that.

We need players who can get the results and do the job. Wilbraham simply doesnt fit this bill, he should be signing for Stanley and not the Rovers if the club has any ambition.

And what job is that Jal? It would appear to me that we have the most natural goalscorer in the division, whose major flaws are Wilbrahams major assets. No-one is expecting him to come in as Rhodes replacement, simply to be his foil, and probably more importantly, his replacement when we are under pressure.

If he can do the battling, roughing up defenders act then maybe he can do a job. However, I can see the theory behind Heskey getting his 50+ caps, but there is still that fear, as highlighted in the game against the USA in 2010 that the commentator will say "and the ball falls to Heskey, he's one on one with the keeper....."

Archived