BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Loan Signings...

Veevs

How is our depth in defense? Any worries there?

Not pressing concerns but could probably do with an extra man.

We've Dann & Hanley at CB, with Kilgallon and the untried Songo'o as backup.

Kane at RB, with Henley returning to fitness.

LB is probably our weakest area if anything happens to Spurr. Kilgallon can fill in there but he wasn't convincing in pre-season. Josh Morris is our only other recognised left-back and he has his doubters.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Henley can play there if anything happens to Spurr, Amarillo. Giving him more opportunities to play, too, which is invaluable for his development. Don't want him pushed out of the side for a loanee really.

Bloody hell, it's true, Doyle doesn't score enough goals these days! Wasn't expecting his Wolves record to look like it did...been played out of position a lot? Still, surely too good at 29 to be in League One, worth a look?

Bloody hell, it's true, Doyle doesn't score enough goals these days! Wasn't expecting his Wolves record to look like it did...been played out of position a lot? Still, surely too good at 29 to be in League One, worth a look?

But we wouldn't be getting him to score goals, we'd be getting him to be a foil for Rhodes to score goals. Mike Newell wasn't prolific, but he was invaluable for his work rate and assists.

I think we need a another striker in if we can get rid of Best on loan. Would like to see someone like Beechio on 3 months loan if we can.

But apart from that I don't see need another player.

we got enough Defenders and midfielders/wide players in the squad.

To get create chances for Rhodes and get the best out of him we need play player in the hole/number 10 role with Two wide players and 2 centre midfielders.

I would like to see Best and maybe Nunes plus Olsson go out loan.

I was interested to see that Owen Garvan and Stephen Dobbie were left out of Crystal Palace's 25 man squad. Dobbie would be a good foil for Rhodes and he has been very effective at this level over the last few years. As for Garvan midfield may not be the main position we need to strengthen but Garvan has always impressed me ever since I first saw him play for Ipswich. Also Garvan's display at Selhurst against Rovers last year was one of if not the best performance I saw from a midfielder in the Championship last season.

Even though Rhodes seems to score more and look more dangerous behind a five man midfield, with 2 wide men and a number 10 supporting him?

That's because we don't have someone to play that role. Huddersfield played with two up front.

It's better to have the option of a 4-2-2 for some matches. Also, not sure if Doyle can play the Dunn role, but I don't see why not.

That's because we don't have someone to play that role. Huddersfield played with two up front.

It's better to have the option of a 4-2-2 for some matches. Also, not sure if Doyle can play the Dunn role, but I don't see why not.

I know we are on fire but 4-2-2...would be risky with 2men down

I would be looking to see if Robinson is going to be fit sooner rather than later ......

If and it is a big IF, we can build on the last 2 games , we are going to need a better keeper , if only to give Kean a break ..

I think the lads confidence is shot at !

But we wouldn't be getting him to score goals, we'd be getting him to be a foil for Rhodes to score goals. Mike Newell wasn't prolific, but he was invaluable for his work rate and assists.

Doyle is a tireless worker and he is a big reason for Robbie Keanes amazing international record IMO, Doyle does need to be more ruthless and more selfish though, 9 league goals last season isn't a great return but wolves have been poor over the last few years, he scored plenty in an attacking Reading side before.

Archived