BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Loan Signings...

Veevs

Flippin eck boys!! Where are all these players going to play?? Hunt. Lingard, Dobbie, Maynard and Sharp wont warm our bench!!

Wilbraham is great in the air and will be happy to make cameo appearances getting on and amongst defenders and creating space and chances from knock downs..

Trust GB

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would be an absolutely shocking move one that laughs in the face of all Blackburn Rovers supporters.

Of the teams who got promoted last season you had Cardiff who had Helguson as a battering ram. Palace had Wilbraham and I think Hull had some dirty great big lad from the German second tier. I'm afraid it's a necessary evil in this division.

A "necessary evil" Patrick?!? Are you sure? Isn't it more a case of that if we do sign Wilbraham it's the clubs way of calling every supporters mother a whore? Sure, I've never seen the guy play (knowingly), he sounds like the sort of player we're missing up front and he did achieve promotion last season. I suppose in addition he won't cost us the earth either. I'm going to choose to ignore all that though and state that this is Venkys way of shoving a chicken up every supporters backside and then rubbing our faces in it - 'cause they can.

• Backroom

What concerns me somewhat is what are the options if/when Rhodes is injured? Or the style of play needs altering as we may be considered too predictable.

DJ Campbell probably. Certainly in the current formation with the aim of using through balls and crosses, he seemed to be gathering a bit of form together in pre-season before his injury.

Of the teams who got promoted last season you had Cardiff who had Helguson as a battering ram. Palace had Wilbraham and I think Hull had some dirty great big lad from the German second tier. I'm afraid it's a necessary evil in this division.

Nine goals in the last two games would suggest otherwise and that it is possible to thrive in this League without employing a lump up front.

For me the point abour getting another striker in is that we could be left with NO options up front if Rhodes gets injured. Campbell has been injured for 95% of his time here, Best is similarly made of glass and seems to have a serious chip on his shoulder to boot.

That said, I still think we should strive to get someone better than those 2 in. There's little point in bringing someone worse in for the sake of it.

I think Wilbraham will be awful , mind you i though Kuqi would be awful , sometimes players can surprise you

Kuqi was awful, one of the worst professional footballers I've seen, had concrete in his boots instead of feet. He made Jim Fryatt look like a ballet dancer. But Kuqi did score a goal or two and he was effective at what he did. WIlbraham sounds a similar sort of player and to be honest no one could be worse than Best.

Nine goals in the last two games would suggest otherwise and that it is possible to thrive in this League without employing a lump up front.

For me the point abour getting another striker in is that we could be left with NO options up front if Rhodes gets injured. Campbell has been injured for 95% of his time here, Best is similarly made of glass and seems to have a serious chip on his shoulder to boot.

That said, I still think we should strive to get someone better than those 2 in. There's little point in bringing someone worse in for the sake of it.

Yes but we aren't going to score 9 goals every two games. That was against two sides bereft of confidence. Against better opposition we need to be able to clear our lines and keep the ball without it coming straight back. I'm not saying the bloke will top the scoring charts but he may serve a purpose. I thought the fact that 3 sides won promotion with this idea might go some way to proving it might actually work. In an ideal world you want a big man up top who can play a bit too ala Roque Santa Cruz, but those types are hard to recruit at this level. I'd say that only qpr can boast anything even close in Zamora.

Guess we'll see how it pans out. But I can see the value in it is all I'm saying.

Wilbraham was useful enough for Palace to play in the playoff final last season. He's not a goalscorer I think we can all agree on that, but he is someone who can potentially come on late on in a game to play alongside Rhodes if Rovers need a goal. He has the ability to get the odd knockdown and just generally get in the way of defenders to distract them from Rhodes.

We currently have someone to do that in Best, but he's on some ridiculous money for the amount of minutes he's played and the attitude that he has.

Not saying he would be my first choice loanee, but people need to just take a step back and realise that if this guy comes in, it will purely be to come off the bench to try and help Rhodes. Would be interesting to see Palace and Norwich fans thoughts on him.

Kuqi was awful, one of the worst professional footballers I've seen, had concrete in his boots instead of feet. He made Jim Fryatt look like a ballet dancer. But Kuqi did score a goal or two and he was effective at what he did.

What he lacked in pace and ability he more than made up for in effort and application, a very good professional in my book.

Wilbraham was useful enough for Palace to play in the playoff final last season. He's not a goalscorer I think we can all agree on that, but he is someone who can potentially come on late on in a game to play alongside Rhodes if Rovers need a goal. He has the ability to get the odd knockdown and just generally get in the way of defenders to distract them from Rhodes.

We currently have someone to do that in Best, but he's on some ridiculous money for the amount of minutes he's played and the attitude that he has.

I'm not so sure that Best is a decent option as a target man, he doesn't win many headers and doesn't hold the ball up particularly well. He's another striker that would most likely perform better alongside the like of a Wilbraham.

We currently don't have anyone capable of decent hold up play at the club in my opinion, so I can see the rationale in targetting this kind of player.

I can't see his club caring actually, somerset rover. He is 33, 34 in just over a month. He's not one they'll be looking to develop for the future, they're probably done with him now and look at this as a way to get some wages off the books for a player they don't need. The player might be willing to accept he is in his twilight years and might not play much, I don't know on that one.

Daily Mail I think.

Ah.

The paper that recently has had us so desperate to slash costs that according to them we were prepared to let Dann go out on loan, and who also seemed to think we should be grateful that Wigan had allegedly given us 12 hours to sell them our star striker. (Even though no bid was actually ever made)

Probably tomorrow's chip paper then although they're bound to get one correct eventually on the law of averages.

Ah.

The paper that recently has had us so desperate to slash costs that according to them we were prepared to let Dann go out on loan, and who also seemed to think we should be grateful that Wigan had allegedly given us 12 hours to sell them our star striker. (Even though no bid was actually ever made)

Probably tomorrow's chip paper then although they're bound to get one correct eventually on the law of averages.

Yes, they really don't think much of us do they. Perhaps understandable in the Venkys era.

Did we sign anyone on loan?

no we didn't. The Lancs Telegraph said today that Bowyer is looking at target man type of striker to sign but hasn't made any bids yet for anyone

Dunn is out now. We want Januzaj!

We have enough players who can play in the number 10 role with Marshall, Judge and Cairney. and we got at least 4/5 wingers aswell in the squad in Marshall, Judge, Taylor, King and Nunes. so I see no need to sign another winger/number 10 player on loan.

Only another striker on loan if we can Loan Best out to another championship club

no we didn't. The Lancs Telegraph said today that Bowyer is looking at target man type of striker to sign but hasn't made any bids yet for anyone

We have enough players who can play in the number 10 role with Marshall, Judge and Cairney. and we got at least 4/5 wingers aswell in the squad in Marshall, Judge, Taylor, King and Nunes. so I see no need to sign another winger/number 10 player on loan.

Only another striker on loan if we can Loan Best out to another championship club

If Januzaj would be available we wouldn't count bodies in already.

Dunny's injury is a massive blow. He or Rochina were the key to the team, along with Rhodes obviously. I'd prefer us getting in this Januzaj lad rather than a target man so that we can play our preferred formation. I personally am not convinced that Cairney, Marshall or Judge can play that number ten role.

Archived