BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bowyer

• Backroom

Cross posting this

The main worry is the uncertainty

I think most people would be content enough with how things are (minus the baffling reluctance to learn from mistakes, the amount of points we've potentially lost by sitting back may be the difference ) but there is the lingering fear of what will happen when we fail to reach the playoffs

Give the manager time and things will be looking up, 'promotion or bust' and it's almost doomsday

The fans don't know which it is and are bound to be concerned

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cross posting this

The main worry is the uncertainty

I think most people would be content enough with how things are (minus the baffling reluctance to learn from mistakes, the amount of points we've potentially lost by sitting back may be the difference ) but there is the lingering fear of what will happen when we fail to reach the playoffs

Give the manager time and things will be looking up, 'promotion or bust' and it's almost doomsday

The fans don't know which it is and are bound to be concerned

Absolutely. IF we have time things are 75% good - just let's stop sitting back and we'd all be deliriously happy (and most likely in the play offs spots).

IF it's promotion or bust then we're 30% good, We're still in with a chance, but showing every sign that we're not going to make it.

• Moderation Lead

I'm not calling for him to be replaced, just asking for him to stop playing players out of position, and being so negative. It's been sh1te the last few games, and we're not playing our best team, or our best players. No wonder we're not tearing up any trees!!!

I'm not calling for him to be replaced, just asking for him to stop playing players out of position, and being so negative. It's been sh1te the last few games, and we're not playing our best team, or our best players. No wonder we're not tearing up any trees!!!

Give an example of these "best" players not playing?

Best Defensive Mid - injured.

Best Attacking mid - 34 years old

Best left winger - We don't have any left footed players so it's inverted - Marshall (injured)

Best right winger - again, no left footers so Cairneys played out there.

Taylor has proved he is better in the middle, so why on earth would you put him out wide when he was inneffectual there at the beginning of the season? Do we put King in? who (unfortunatley) has absolutley no end product and by all means is really a centre forward.

Id Agree with you Ken, if we had the luxury of specific players for all the positions that he appears to be having some issues with - but we don't. The squad has been overhauled completely and that job is still not finished yet. You stood next to me at Wigan away, and for the first 30 minutes of that game we looked absolute quality before one of the 50+ individual errors that have plagued us all season. What's that down to? Inexperience.

I don't think anybody here is suggesting that GB is a master, but he certainly not Micheal Appleton. We absolutley dominated the first half yesterday and should of been out of sight. Danny Wilson (who has been managing clubs for nearly 20 years) managed to get some fight into the team and then the third dodgy penalty decision against us in 3 games (on the trot) and people suggest he's hiding behind it?

I'm sorry, I just do not buy or understand the negativity spewing from this forum at the minute. In your own words KH "give your head a wobble son"

Nothing to do with the overhaul of the squad? Or injuries/referees of other teams?

All purely to do with GB?

Also keep going on about other managers, which board/chairman/owners do you think we have? Proven successes in the search for a man at the helm?

I'm sick and tired of it to be honest- use some facking scope, GB has us on the fringes of teams who haven't been raped from the inside for 36 months prior to the season.

There are legitimate reasons for being frustrated, but calling for a new man at this stage without taking precedent into account is like "waggling" your willy out the window with the intent of getting head.

Are you by any chance related to the gaffer? This must have been your tenth post idolizing the man...we get your point

Are you by any chance related to the gaffer? This must have been your tenth post idolizing the man...we get your point

You obviously missed the point. It's got nothing to do with idolising a manager, it's all about rationalising. Kamy, Parson Blue (ie the posters who are asked by brfcs to represent them) seem to "get the point"

From reading your posts during the game last night, your either a dingle, a manic depressive or clueless.

Like a lot of the "match day radio posters", I think it's probably the third.

Nothing to do with the overhaul of the squad? Or injuries/referees of other teams?

All purely to do with GB?

Also keep going on about other managers, which board/chairman/owners do you think we have? Proven successes in the search for a man at the helm?

I'm sick and tired of it to be honest- use some facking scope, GB has us on the fringes of teams who haven't been raped from the inside for 36 months prior to the season.

There are legitimate reasons for being frustrated, but calling for a new man at this stage without taking precedent into account is like "waggling" your willy out the window with the intent of getting head.

Not the most intelligent choice of words.

You obviously missed the point. It's got nothing to do with idolising a manager, it's all about rationalising. Kamy, Parson Blue (ie the posters who are asked by brfcs to represent them) seem to "get the point"

From reading your posts during the game last night, your either a dingle, a manic depressive or clueless.

Like a lot of the "match day radio posters", I think it's probably the third.

just frustrated with selection and tactics and I'm one who believes that if we don't get up this year then we are bust....feel like we need to take our chances now and Bowyer isn't getting it done....I do understand your points as well

Well it can only be said we all agree one thing, that most of us like him but apart from that I'd say the fans are totally split on weather they think he's the right man to take us forward. In time I think he could be but you can't be afforded the luxury time in football. At this moment I'd rather see someone with more experience come in... Will that happen? No. Because of this you end up with fans saying to just get behind him but on the pitch he's giving us nothing to get behind... It's garbage.

Bloody frustrating situation.

Simple Yes or No question

Do you all think Rovers have made progress this season at all?

If you think yes, then he is worth perserving with

If you think No, then we are in trouble.

If we are still playing these tactics with the same players come end of Febuary then questions have got to be asked but with Dobo signed and Evans on the way back we'll see if anymore progress is made.

I disagree. In this case it carries a powerful notion of Anderson, Kean and the slumdogs "using and abusing" for their own ends without regard to the wishes, needs and rights of Rovers as an entity.

If you disagree I think that you need to put football into some sort of perspective.

If you disagree I think that you need to put football into some sort of perspective.

I think rape is the best way to describe the pillaging of our football club, however I do understand if you find that word offensive. Apologies pal.

Best left winger - We don't have any left footed players so it's inverted - Marshall (injured)

Taylor has proved he is better in the middle, so why on earth would you put him out wide when he was inneffectual there at the beginning of the season? Do we put King in? who (unfortunatley) has absolutley no end product and by all means is really a centre forward.

Id Agree with you Ken, if we had the luxury of specific players for all the positions that he appears to be having some issues with - but we don't. The squad has been overhauled completely and that job is still not finished yet. You stood next to me at Wigan away, and for the first 30 minutes of that game we looked absolute quality before one of the 50+ individual errors that have plagued us all season. What's that down to? Inexperience.

I don't think anybody here is suggesting that GB is a master, but he certainly not Micheal Appleton. We absolutley dominated the first half yesterday and should of been out of sight. Danny Wilson (who has been managing clubs for nearly 20 years) managed to get some fight into the team and then the third dodgy penalty decision against us in 3 games (on the trot) and people suggest he's hiding behind it?

I'm sorry, I just do not buy or understand the negativity spewing from this forum at the minute. In your own words KH "give your head a wobble son"

Thanks madam

Get off your high horse! Figurative language etc....It doesn't mean anyone is trivialising or minimising an actual sex offence. Nor that they have football out of proportion FFS!

Are you a CSO in the Thought Police?

We have two somerset rovers Leonard. One's OK and ones a knob.

The solution is simple and will prove very effective imo but it requires Jordan Rhodes getting himself an 8 match ban or more until the end of the season for biting a black opponent whilst giving a nazi salute!

Bowyer would then be under no financial pressure to play him, we'd still have our best and strongest centre forward up top and we could play a 5 man midfield with Dunny in the hole. :tu:

Your comments during the game were over the top though. Hard not to get frustrated but some sense of proportion is needed

• Moderation Lead

Your comments during the game were over the top though. Hard not to get frustrated but some sense of proportion is needed

Perhaps because I'm frustrated at the same mistakes being made time after time.

They were OTT, but if everyone else can see what the issue is, why can't the manager that works with them daily?

Williamson and Lowe together-no, one or the other.

Wingers on the wing, and Cairney in the middle. It's as simple as that.

I think that comments made during or just after a frustrating game should be read with a bit of understanding.

Fans get emotional and need to vent.

Don't think such posts need to be picked apart and criticised when everyone has calmed down

Archived