BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bowyer

Perhaps because I'm frustrated at the same mistakes being made time after time.

They were OTT, but if everyone else can see what the issue is, why can't the manager that works with them daily?

Williamson and Lowe together-no, one or the other.

Wingers on the wing, and Cairney in the middle. It's as simple as that.

Cairney will play in the centre soon I am sure of it but I can only list Marshall as a winger, and he's injured. King could do a decentish job but final ball is shocking sometimes. Taylor's best performances have come in the middle. Besides Judge on loan, who else is there?

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that comments made during or just after a frustrating game should be read with a bit of understanding.

Fans get emotional and need to vent.

Don't think such posts need to be picked apart and criticised when everyone has calmed down

You obviously haven't taken into account certain members ' superiority complexes '

Consider yourself admonished ! ^_^

I think that comments made during or just after a frustrating game should be read with a bit of understanding.

Don't think such posts need to be picked apart and criticised when everyone has calmed down

Damned right...and it's a good job I am nowhere near a computer during a game!

I do enjoy sitting down after the final whistle and reading through the comments made during a game. You can relive the roller coaster and it (almost) helps in a "you are not alone" kind of way..

Indeed.... but such 'emotional' types who have vented their spleen on here and want to retract later do have full use of the edit function remember. If it's still up then they still mean it in my book.

So simply stating that someone's comments were "over the top" = "picked apart and criticised" eh? Only on here Bucksrover, only on here!

http://metro.co.uk/2014/01/30/gary-bowyer-must-learn-from-his-mistakes-as-blackburn-rovers-slip-out-play-off-picture-4281528/

a reasonable assessment of Bowyer, made some good signings but perhaps lacks a bit tactically. Resonates with what people on here have said.

Hopefully he'll get better as he becomes more experienced.

The last few paragraphs read like they were written by his wife......talk about making excuses

http://metro.co.uk/2014/01/30/gary-bowyer-must-learn-from-his-mistakes-as-blackburn-rovers-slip-out-play-off-picture-4281528/

a reasonable assessment of Bowyer, made some good signings but perhaps lacks a bit tactically. Resonates with what people on here have said.

Hopefully he'll get better as he becomes more experienced.

A decent article and all managers have to start somewhere. I think he will be a better manager for the experience he has had this campaign.

Aye, if only Venkys had done the same and gone for a manager who'd been part of previously promoted teams.

They did!!

Can you not remember Kean latching on to the role he had when Fulham were promoted under Tigana?

Assistant kit man or something.

I get the impression Bowyer is going for guys that have been part of previous promotion teams, Hull / Cardiff. Not a bad shout at all.

Agree. Not sure why he then has to play them outside of their best positions too, but hey ho...

Hopefully, with the prospect of relegation now receding, Bowyer may feel it is time to be able to be more attacking in his line ups, and this alone would help endear him to many.

We had Kean talking about being positive, and then doing the exact opposite on the pitch, so it would be nice to really go and take it to the other side for the first time since, what, the Hughes days?

Oh look.. all quiet again since we've won.

Now we just have to wait for another draw or loss before people fly out of the woodwork again.

Do you think a more experienced manager would have got maximum points from the games at Doncaster and Barnsley away and Sheff Weds, Derby and Birmingham at home :P

Exhibit A (from match thread)

We won 2-0. Good enough result. Move on and stop whining.

Exhibit B

Oh look.. all quiet again since we've won.

Now we just have to wait for another draw or loss before people fly out of the woodwork again.

Which is it folks?

Until VENKYSCUM go it is always going to be like this. .

What? - People posting the same stuff about venkys again and again on every thread?!

So simply stating that someone's comments were "over the top" = "picked apart and criticised" eh?

Only on here Bucksrover, only on here!

No. My post wasn't referring to wherever you got that specific quote.

What? - People posting the same stuff about venkys again and again on every thread?!

That is just as bad, you have been told a million times to stop exagerating

The real question should be are we going to make tangible progress with the Rao/Bowyer team, if so will it be quick enough to avoid melt down, if not what change/changes should be made

Do you want this board to a venky love in ? Or do you want the venkys not mentioning ?

Er they have ruined this club and I won't forgive or forget!!!

Archived