BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v. Charlton Athletic - Saturday 19th October - 3pm kick off.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We're lacking match winners, Dunn can't return soon enough.

We do miss dunn and rochina badly. They are the 2 that can provide that link between midfield and attack that we lack at times. With the exception of king they are also the only two that can consistently beat a man and create space

People slating Best are pointing the finger at the wrong person. He was better than Rhodes. Rhodes was woeful yesterday and besides one shot, offered absolutely nothing.

Although Best was useless, he dropped deep to bring the midfield into play and was a lot more in the game than Rhodes.

Kinell! Now you are for it! Get yet tin hat on.

I accept that we are going to be inconsistent this season. Bowyer has done well to steady the ship, but I don't see us performing consistently well this season. A couple of wins isn't a sign of any sort of form unfortunately.

There has been an improvement in consistency - interesting that our poorer performances against Doncaster, Leicester and Charlton where when we appeared less focused and lack an amount of urgency and effort. There is an obvious lesson there for the players - as Burnley have shown - every player has to give 100% in every match.

There has been an improvement in consistency - interesting that our poorer performances against Doncaster, Leicester and Charlton where when we appeared less focused and lack an amount of urgency and effort. There is an obvious lesson there for the players - as Burnley have shown - every player has to give 100% in every match.

A lot of that will be down to Dave Jones's influence imo. A tough tackling never-say-die player like him in midfield is immeasurably important to a young team. I thought at the time we let him leave that we missed a trick there. 9/10 and MoM against Ipswich according to the LT report.

Really hope GB doesn't start making excuses after every bad performance. After studying a video he claims we were robbed on Saturday as their goal was handball. news for you gary, the ref doesn't have the luxory of studying a video several times before he makes a decision. I saw it for the first time last night and it didn't look like handball on first sight so how does he exepct the ref to give it as such. Nothing annoys me more than when a manager picks 1 incident to blame for a defeat rather than taking responsibility for his team huffing and puffing for 90 minutes without even looking like scoring a goal.

I think Jose really started that trend when he 1st came to england. Focus on anything other than the performance or individuals and deflect all attention/criticsm away from the players. Now most managers do it

It is a modern trait I suppose due to the amount of media focus nowadays but I want to hear my manager accepting that he and his team were at fault and then saying what he is going to do about it not hiding behind 1, bogus in this case, excuse effecting 1 incident in the game.

Agreed. I was almost directly facing him when he controlled the ball & not once did a shout of "handball" cross my mind. In fact I thought he took his goal very well TBH.

You can maybe blame a single incident for a defeat if it happens in the 92nd minute, but the simple fact is, we had another 83mins (plus stoppage time obviously) to put it right and never really looked like doing so.

Yeh I was little bit miffed when I saw Bowyer moaning about that. Looked like a perfectly good goal to me, and as WindyM above says, really well taken.

If I was Bowyer I would be questioning two things;

1. Why on earth was King berating the referee and just allowed Dale Stephens to move into space and play the pass under no pressure whatsoever.

2. Why has the striker got so much room. Fair enough a decent pass but extremely straight forward through the middle. He's lost Dann completely.

I'm really not convinced by Dann. People tell me he's been fantastic etc, but he's one of those defenders where 3, 4 or 5 times a game he just switches off. Very worrying for a player at his age. Should know better at 26.

If I was Bowyer I would be questioning two things;

1. Why on earth was King berating the referee and just allowed Dale Stephens to move into space and play the pass under no pressure whatsoever.

2. Why has the striker got so much room. Fair enough a decent pass but extremely straight forward through the middle. He's lost Dann completely.

1. Good point. Massive bollocking required. That midfielder could and should have been either closed down or been put under pressure. Anybody can pick out a pass like that if they are not under some pressure. King learned his trade at Man Utd and allowing an opponent to stroll past you in a dangerous area of midfiweld is most definitely NOT the Man Utd way. Fergie would have had a duck fit.

2. Yet again cause for bearhead to reflect on his 'Look at me I'm well ard' act of stupidity at Wigan.

Two issues to concern the manager and require action way before any flaky and probably imaginary handball.

Simple to me. Switched off for international break and thought we would coast past a poor Charlton side. They will have learned from it. I'll continue to have faith though I was mightily disappointed

Over confidence. A lesson that has to be repeatedly learned by managers, players and supporters at least once a season.

David Jones

Brunley are over-achieving aren't they? But don't put too much credit at Jones's door. The average rating per player (whoscored.com) for Burnley is over 7. Jones is rated THIRTEENTH in the Burnley squad with 6.77. In fact there is only one regular starter who is rated lower!

Number of tackles made 16th

Clearances made 11th

Shots blocked 7th

Goals scored zero

Key passes per game 10th....................blah blah blah!

He does make more passes per game than anybody else though.

Nevertheless - he isn't the saviour who got away.....................he is out-performed by most of his team mates!

Yes, I know statistics aren't the whole story but..............

Championship Trivia Quiz

1. Paul Emerson Carlyle Ince; which team did he leave in 2011 after leading them to a club record NINE consecutive league defeats?
  2. Which team has lost every away game so far this season?
  3. Which team has scored only ONE goal on their home ground this season?
  4. How many games since Blackpool lost at home?
  5. Who has just signed a deal tying him to the Rovers until 2017?
  6. Tom Ince used to be the highest ranked player in the Championship – now he’s only 43rd (7.23 average). BUT today there’s another Blackpool player ranked number one. Who is it?
  7. What proportion of games have we failed to score (this season.

8. The average score for Charlton players in last week's game was 7.02. Only ONE of our players scored over 7. Who?

9. Which current Championship team suffered 34 defeats in one season (97/98 League 3)?

10. Sorry about this – who was manager of the month for September?

Answers: 1. Notts Co., 2. Barnsley, 3. Yeovil, 4. 11, 5. JL, 6. Mackenzie (7.87), 7. 33%, 8. SD, 9. Doncaster, 10. Dicke

Championship Trivia Quiz

1. Paul Emerson Carlyle Ince; which team did he leave in 2011 after leading them to a club record NINE consecutive league defeats?
  2. Which team has lost every away game so far this season?
  3. Which team has scored only ONE goal on their home ground this season?
  4. How many games since Blackpool lost at home?
  5. Who has just signed a deal tying him to the Rovers until 2017?
  6. Tom Ince used to be the highest ranked player in the Championship – now he’s only 43rd (7.23 average). BUT today there’s another Blackpool player ranked number one. Who is it?
  7. What proportion of games have we failed to score (this season.

8. The average score for Charlton players in last week's game was 7.02. Only ONE of our players scored over 7. Who?

9. Which current Championship team suffered 34 defeats in one season (97/98 League 3)?

10. Sorry about this – who was manager of the month for September?

Answers: 1. Notts Co., 2. Barnsley, 3. Yeovil, 4. 11, 5. JL, 6. Mackenzie (7.87), 7. 33%, 8. SD, 9. Doncaster, 10. Dicke

Your answer to 10.......Dicke?? Do you mean Dicky or Dickov?

Sean Dyche more like. Turning out to be a pretty good manager.

Archived