BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v. Charlton Athletic - Saturday 19th October - 3pm kick off.

Worst home display under Bowyer imo, very strange, we seemed completely flat today unlike in recent home displays and before Hanley got sent off v Wigan.

Best is really starting to annoy me - he complains about being left out of the side then when he does come into the side he puts no effort in whatsoever, he has no movement in him and is completely static when he doesn't have the ball. I also thought Marshall and Kilgannon had very poor games and only Dann played well throughout imo.

Cairney was excellent first half but faded out of it second and KIng showed some decent flashes in the second without ever really rediscovering his recent red hot form.

Your comments on Best's lack of movement would be better directed at Rhodes today Rev. I contributed more from my seat.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Savage thunderstorm with torrential rain, thunder and lightning.

Even God's laughing at everyone trudging up Livesey Branch Rd

I bet some of those car drivers were having a good laugh too as they soaked those poor @#/?s walking up the road. Funny keaners. :angry:

Abysmal

The line up was correct IMO but that's about it

Kean made no major mistakes but still managed to come for two deep balls he had no reason to and nearly lost it each time

Kane was just rubbish and Spurr not much cop today

Apart from being slack on one costly occasion the back 2 had nothing much to do

The wingers were crap first half but King was much better in the second

The central midfielders were both decent at least

In the first half I thought Rhodes and Best were fouled a lot but given nothing by the ref but make no mistake both of them were shocking, I lost count of the times Rhodes tried to lay it off to someone but put it 10 yards behind them and Best was equally wasteful with both of them missing our best 'chances'

The ref was a shocker but nothing to change the outcome of the game

I can't for the life of me work out why we are reluctant to pump a free kick into the box rather than going sideways then backwards

All in all that was close to as bad as anything under Kean or Appleton

I nodded through pretty much all that post.

It may be the same players but they was not a team we were watching today.

Charlton and the ref were both awful but we really were poor. Possibly the worst home performance I've seen this season. Charlton won't believe their luck today.

Can't help but wonder if Derek opening his gob about a looming transfer embargo, together with the Cairney link and Evans injury have affected morale this week - especially after the Wigan debacle.

It certainly wasn't the hungry, up-and-at-em attitude of the last two home games.

Worst home display under Bowyer imo, very strange, we seemed completely flat today unlike in recent home displays and before Hanley got sent off v Wigan.

Best is really starting to annoy me - he complains about being left out of the side then when he does come into the side he puts no effort in whatsoever, he has no movement in him and is completely static when he doesn't have the ball. I also thought Marshall and Kilgannon had very poor games and only Dann played well throughout imo.

Cairney was excellent first half but faded out of it second and KIng showed some decent flashes in the second without ever really rediscovering his recent red hot form.

Funny - I thought Kilgannon did ok. Totally agree about Best - he is there to hold the ball up - but today couldn't have trapped a bag of cement.

For all the doom and gloom that will descend - I hope some people give Charlton some credit - defensively they were immense today. Their right back had a superb game against King - and their centre halves won virtually every ball in the air. Without a shadow of a doubt - they took time wasting and breaking up play to new heights - but that is the referee's fault.

Your comments on Best's lack of movement would be better directed at Rhodes today Rev. I contributed more from my seat.

Disagree completely Jason (LD)

Not Rhodes best game by any stretch but at least he's always on the move looking for the ball and there were at least two occasions today when if we'd spotted Rhodes runs and slid him in early he'd have been clean through.

Best stood there today waiting for the ball to come to him more often than not with his hands on his hips.

Disagree completely Jason (LD)

Not Rhodes best game by any stretch but at least he's always on the move looking for the ball and there were at least two occasions today when if we'd spotted Rhodes runs and slid him in early he'd have been clean through.

Best stood there today waiting for the ball to come to him more often than not with his hands on his hips.

I think you must have got them mixed up Simon (Rev).

I saw a lot of Best dropping deep and getting involved with build up play, he was pretty poor though I'll grant you that but not sure I'd say he lacked effort. Rhodes was far too static, the ball never stuck to him and the number 5 had him in his pocket all game. Added to that his body language was shocking.

To be honest, we saw why he's not a Premiership player today.

Just got home soaked to the skin, god likes to rub my nose in it!

Kean - looked ok but for the couple he chased round the area that he shouldn't have gone for.

Kane - usual - won't do I'm afraid.

Dann - ok

Kilgannon - looks poor to me but only seen him once so I will give a few more chances.

Lowe - good, MOTM was correct imo

marshall - his best game so far and looked better in 2nd half - still not 1st choice when others are fit.

King - up against a good defender who matched his pace so a nothing game for him

Cairney - poorest game I've seen him play

Best - not given much service but did look poor today

Rhodes - didn't score.

Was a very reserved performance and, as others have said, Charlton looked well organised and quick to break.

Matches like this come along and are best forgotten.,

I feel very flat after that result. Two steps forward, three steps back.

I predicted a tough game with the odd goal in it, but still did not expect such a dispirited performance. Following on from the Wigan disappointment this is a major blow. We must win our home games, as our away form has been shocking since the days of Hughes.

This type of result acts as a stark reminder of all that has gone before under the foolish owners.

Kean - looked ok but for the couple he chased round the area that he shouldn't have gone for.

Dann - ok

Kilgannon - looks poor to me but only seen him once so I will give a few more chances.

marshall - his best game so far and looked better in 2nd half - still not 1st choice when others are fit.

King - up against a good defender who matched his pace so a nothing game for him

Rhodes - didn't score.

Was a very reserved performance and, as others have said, Charlton looked well organised and quick to break.

Haven't seen one this bad for a long time.

Ok the ref (goal kick award was mistake but loads more) and his assistant (the one who gave wrongly gave Charlton a throw-in) had a stinker but we were out of ideas and you've got to blame GB for not changing it round. For example, Best was not interested, not alert and went down far too easy. He spends more time looking round the ground or at a mark (mud?) on his arm or complaining to the rest of the team. His heart isn't in Rovers so I don't want to see him in the team again.

Can you hear that? The sound of the doom mongers stampeding back towards the message board?

Waiting on the posts..

Nah, it was the rain you could hear on your roof.

Out of curiosity, did you watch the game?

It's not just the result that is disappointing but the performance was dire as well (Charlton are NOT a good team). Nothing to cheer all afternoon. Actually I lie, the ref and linesmen gave us a couple of decisions in each half which brought some applause.

After the rocking atmosphere of the last game, today was really, really depressing.

If Rovers played until Sunday lunch time they wouldn't score. It was one of those types of game. Charlton won every ball in the air.

Rovers' pass and move is very poor. Midfield were far too slow in tracking back. Best tried but was woeful. Most of the players had an off-day.

Only credit to Dann, Lowe, and Kilgallon. Tom Cairney was off the pace today and kept on slipping; should have worn boots instead of trainers.

I thought Kean did OK today even when coming off his line and not gathering but palming the ball away from the danger area.

We've seen it all before. Roll on the next game and a better performance.(at the seaside)

Of the subs, Williamson did well and Judge and DJ no real time to make an impact.

• Backroom

People always say Rhodes had no service but Best was crap, I thought they were equally bad today but people saying Best doesn't move are being overly harsh I remember him tracking back and putting a great tackle in on the edge of our box

Dann - ok

Rhodes - didn't score.

trouble is there are too many like this

Wow; all that I've just read bears out what I thought from following the BBC Sport website text commentary. I got home from holiday on Thursday; and a combination of still feeling jet-lagged this morning with low expectations of this game meant I couldn't face a 30-odd mile bus journey with two changes each way to take my seat in the Riverside. Being drenched on the way back to change buses in Bolt-on would have been the last straw.

But what I'd ask those of you who were there is what changes can we make to the squad to ensure this was a one-off?

Just drying out from my Ewood exit what a dire performance certainly missed Corry Evans energy in the centre of midfield today as it was the worst performance in that position from Tom Cairney since he joined the club.

I thought Wilson the Charlton right back had Josh King in his pocket and therefore nullified one of our most important outlets as the service to the strikers was non existent also Charlton seemed a yard quicker and much more determined our build up to our attacks is so slow,can't see the point in playing either Best or Marshall as they are both poor.

People always say Rhodes had no service but Best was crap, I thought they were equally bad today but people saying Best doesn't move are being overly harsh I remember him tracking back and putting a great tackle in on the edge of our box

I remember him trying to dribble the ball out of our penalty area. A typical striker's defending.

Best tried hard but his lack of technique let him down.

We missed Evans today and also Dunny, both of whom would have made a difference.

Archived