BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v. Charlton Athletic - Saturday 19th October - 3pm kick off.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking forward to tomorrow after the last couple of performances. We'd have murdered Wigan with 11 men so if we can keep going like that we should be far too strong for Charlton.

Interested to see Killgallon & Dann together, a bit more maturity in the heart of defence could be quite promising.

My daughter only finishes her dancing class at 14.30 so it'll be another case of taking our seats just as we kick off, so hopefully the mad dash will be worth it.

I'm going for a 3-1 Rovers: Rhodes (poachers goal around pen spot), Killgallon (header from a corner) and Marshall (something special from 25 yards)

COYB

Have to agree with most on here and go for a home win...were playing well lately, confidence seems good, spirit and hunger appear to be there, a win tomorrow to keep us in touch with the playoffs, blackpool next week wont be easy regardless of there form...3-1 rovers but as always id take a 1-0..

Did you listen to what Bowyer had to say about Lowe at the fans forum?

No not yet.

As for tomorrow every player should be able to take the ball past a Charlton player the defenders should be capable of standing alone defending against Charlton if they cant then their Ewood Park futures must be in doubt If Jake lets one in from twenty plus yards out then his position must also be in question.

Tomorrow should be all about the finishing.

Rovers eleven will have over an hour and a half to score as many goals as possible against a poor Charlton side so would it be unfair to ask for a minimum of a five goals plus win.

Just hope the Blackburn end fans get behind the team from the off like the Darwen crowd do. If so then its going to be one very entertaining game for all of you guys and gals, ladies and gents that are present.

Have some fun tomorrow Rovers !

this would be my team for tomorrow game

Kean

Kane Dann Kilgallon Spurr

Marshall Lowe Cairney King

Best Rhodes

Subs:- Eastwood, Henley, Williamson, Judge, Taylor, Dj, Morris

Rovers to win 3 nil.

I wouldnt play Evans in the game if not 100% fit. get him fit for blackpool game

looking really forward to the game and getting down to Ewood to support Rovers and the team.

COYB!!!

My team now we know the fitness of the squad.

Kean

Kane Dann Kilgallon Spurr

Marshall Lowe Cairney King

Best Rhodes

Subs:- Eastwood, Henley, Williamson, Judge, Taylor, Dj, Morris

Rovers to win 3 nil.

I wouldnt play Evans in the game if not 100% fit. get him fit for blackpool game

looking really forward to the game and getting down to Ewood to support Rovers and the team.

COYB!!!

I'd love every word of that post to be true Chaddy.

Was hoping to be back in the UK for this one, but have had to postpone meetings and not been able to make it work out. Thoroughly upset, as I'd expect us to have a good day. That's all I'm willing to say, wouldn't want to jinx us out of a valuable 3 points.

No not yet.

As for tomorrow every player should be able to take the ball past a Charlton player the defenders should be capable of standing alone defending against Charlton if they cant then their Ewood Park futures must be in doubt If Jake lets one in from twenty plus yards out then his position must also be in question.

Tomorrow should be all about the finishing.

Rovers eleven will have over an hour and a half to score as many goals as possible against a poor Charlton side so would it be unfair to ask for a minimum of a five goals plus win.

Just hope the Blackburn end fans get behind the team from the off like the Darwen crowd do. If so then its going to be one very entertaining game for all of you guys and gals, ladies and gents that are present.

Have some fun tomorrow Rovers !

Every player should be able to beat a man? Futures in doubt? We should score 5? If Kean lets a longer range shot in then drop him? :) Very good Jal you have just cheered me up no end.

This is professional football however and strangely it doesnt work quite like that. Suggest you expect a tough, hard fought game between two teams who desperately need the points. Dont be suprised if its a doggied bore-fest with the odd goal deciding it. After the Wigan disaster I would settle for a scrappy 1-0 and three points in the bag. All else is lipstick and rouge.

Looking forward to the game.

Interesting to see how Bowyer sets us up today.

Most likely Best and Rhodes upfront.

Could easily change formation if its not working as he has previously but with Williamson instead of the absent Evans alongside Lowe and Cairney wide. Marshall did well when they did that last. Cairneys impact didn't seem to lessen when he was wide. (For me he is the biggest worry for us will Hull let us buy or loan him past January as he is obviously a very good player - hopefully all the words coming out of Bruce are an attempt to raise the price!) . Says it all about our midfield this season that Williamson has struggled to get into the team as he was probably the first name on team sheet midfield wise.

Evans will be a loss, thought he has looked very good of late. Still Lowe and Cairney have shown they are a decent partnership

Again interesting to see the Dann Kilgallon partnership. Could in some ways be usefull to see how they play together as its a long season. In terms of Hanley it could be uncomfortable watching for him after his stupidity (not uncommon in young defenders though) as he may find he struggles to get into the team if Dann and Kilgallon do well which is the best way to learn from your mistakes!

A win today would be good confidence wise with next weekends game away at Blackpool. Especially when next weekend four of the teams above us are playing each other and two of the other teams away ( admittedly not the hardest away games)

Also will be interesting seeing how QPR do over the next games.

Millwall v QPR

Burnley v QPR

Wigan v QPR

QPR v Derby

Reading v QPR

December looks very tough for them as well - Bournemouth, us, Blackpool, Leicester, Forest, and Watford!. I hadn't appreciated just how good the fixture list had been to them for the start of this season.

Every player should be able to beat a man? Futures in doubt? We should score 5? If Kean lets a longer range shot in then drop him? :) Very good Jal you have just cheered me up no end.

This is professional football however and strangely it doesnt work quite like that. Suggest you expect a tough, hard fought game between two teams who desperately need the points. Dont be suprised if its a doggied bore-fest with the odd goal deciding it. After the Wigan disaster I would settle for a scrappy 1-0 and three points in the bag. All else is lipstick and rouge.

Charlton arent that good so will Rovers make them look a semi decent side or will they put them to the sword because thats what should be happening if Rovers have any aspirations of getting into the playoffs.

Sat here watching Football Focus always reminds me of all those years of Saturdays I'd be getting ready to set out to walk to Ewood. Would love to be going through the old ritual today. All those lucky enough to be there shout yourselves hoarse cheering on the lads.

COME ON YOU BLUES!!!

Archived