BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Andy Cole

Forget he played for us sometimes, what a class act he was. Should have held on to him.. Always seems to be forgotten in "best 11" etc..

Friedel

Lesaux

Berg

Henchoz

Samba

Tugay

Duff

Dunn

Shearer

Sutton

Cole

Not many fans can claim to have watched that sort of quality.. Nor could they brag about watching two of the premierships all time leading goal scorers! Love being a Rovers fan!!

2nd 11

Flowers

Lucas Neil

Short

Hendry

Todd

Wilcox

Ripely

Sherwood

Flitcroft/Batty

Sutton

Jansen

Absolutely ridiculous the amount of top notch players that have graced our pitch.. Notable abscences: benni, roque, Phil jones, the axe

I know this has been done to death. Rather than higlighting your best 11 might be interesting to recall specific games were a forgotten star had a cracking game and made your Saturday!

• Backroom

Santa Cruz being the one bright spark at Wigan (5-3).

Bentley's exceptional performance (and wondergoal) at home to Salzburg.

Rio Ferdinand vs Utd on the night of Bentley's hat-trick.

Davey Thompson turning a 2-0 loss at Charlton into a 3-2 win. Easily one of my fave wingers (even outside of Rovers).

Forget he played for us sometimes, what a class act he was. Should have held on to him.. Always seems to be forgotten in "best 11" etc..

Friedel

Lesaux

Berg

Henchoz

Samba

Tugay

Duff

Dunn

Shearer

Sutton

Cole

Not many fans can claim to have watched that sort of quality.. Nor could they brag about watching two of the premierships all time leading goal scorers! Love being a Rovers fan!!

We also watched Fowler and Yorke who are both in the list of top prem scorers. Fair to say that only one of them was in his pomp when he was here.

Yorke was just here for a pay out. The guy was a disgrace.

Indeed so. As imo was Martin Dahlin.

However if you include Dahlin, Sukor and Benny Mac in that list we have been fortunate to see some quite prodigious striking talent in the blue and white halves through the Walker years. Thanks for the memories Jack.

Friedel

Lesaux

Berg

Henchoz

Samba

Tugay

Duff

Dunn

Shearer

Sutton

Cole

2nd 11

Flowers

Lucas Neil

Short

Hendry

Todd

Wilcox

Ripely

Sherwood

Flitcroft/Batty

Sutton

Jansen

Absolutely ridiculous the amount of top notch players that have graced our pitch.. Notable abscences: benni, roque, Phil jones, the axe

I know this has been done to death. Rather than higlighting your best 11 might be interesting to recall specific games were a forgotten star had a cracking game and made your Saturday!

Not even a mention for Bellamy? Only here for the one season but he was absolutely outstanding in a great team.

Andy Cole....the Millennium stadium with a closed roof with 30,000 Rovers fans in attendance,an instinctive right foot to half a chance and the league cup won for the first time.Quite simply one of the best ever match experiences following Rovers.

Great player and a hero to me and many others I'm sure,the memories will live long.

For me , the best extraordinary player from what we would normally expect at the point of time:

1. Duncan McKenzie. - unbelievable talent, anyone else recall him playing keepy upie in front of the Riverside/Darwen End?

We've been blessed with many since and paid for their services accordingly, for me he was the best value, closely followed by Scott Sellars.

Clayton, Douglas, Shearer and Tugay are on another planet.

The other night I was watching highlights of seasons 2001/2 and 2002/3. Both Cole and Yorke looked good as did Hakan Sukur, Janson, Duff, Dunn.

Also looking good (believe it or not) were Grabbi, Yordi, Ostenstad and Hakan Unsal.

Those were exciting days watching Rovers. I didn't appreciate them enough at the time.

Fantastic memory of D Mckenzie, away at Wrexham when we scored and he jumped on the fence in front of a horde of Blue and white supporters, What a day that was.[/quote. Was there too. Best driven side-footer ever! Wrexham end full of Everton fans for so,e reason!

Ooijer was IMO underrated. Had a dodgy start, but did a really good job for us in the end. (Being a Dutch international probably helped)

Ooijer ended up being absolutely outstanding imo. Wasn't he the Netherlands' captain for a spell when at Rovers?

Archived