BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venky's Catalogue of Mistakes

I am sorry that Haringey comparison to the useless FA sparked this exchange..

You may be right about the class system in reference to press coverage e.g. opposite newspaper response in the early days of Matthews case, but that surely doesn't mean people should be vindictive towards the McCann's....

Blackburn Pharisees 1 Cowdenbeath 0

Not at all and I said they deserve sympathy. My point was in reference to the like and admire comment.

I have a hard time understanding how a parent can leave 3 young children in a hotel room alone.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They were very near and were nipping out regularly to check on them. Thousand upon thousands of holidaymakers have done the same. They were at a restaurant by the way, not the pub.

My God they've paid for it and will for the rest of their lives. But they're "middle-class" aren't they, code for "well off" so let's attack them rather than the criminal(s) who took her?

Some humanity missing on here I think.

Watch / read Maddie: The Truth About The Lie and if you still think the same, then fair play to you. Personally, I think they're up to their necks in it and lucky not to be in prison for a very long time.

Back on topic, Venky's biggest mistake was not just leaving the behind the scenes staff alone. they could have still done their adverts, Pune Academy, etc. if that's what they wanted to do. Only they would've had a PL club and a bit of respect.

They were very near and were nipping out regularly to check on them. Thousand upon thousands of holidaymakers have done the same. They were at a restaurant by the way, not the pub.

My God they've paid for it and will for the rest of their lives. But they're "middle-class" aren't they, code for "well off" so let's attack them rather than the criminal(s) who took her?

Some humanity missing on here I think.

You are painfully naive, and need to do more research on the case other than accepting everything the media spoonfeeds you.

Good luck.

I think irrespective of anything else, they left their children unattended in an apartment on holiday.

I could never even think about leaving my little boy on his own whilst me and Mrs Andy went for a meal somewhere - never mind in a foreign country

They didn't deserve what happened, but it was completely avoidable and the fact it was allowed to happen was down to their irresponsibility.

Don't forget the McCanns had been doping their kids while they went on the lash, instead of paying €20 for a sitter .

How come when Kate McCann came home and found Maddie "missing", she went running back to the restaurant, leaving the two babies on their own? If I thought someone had snatched my kid, I'd grab the rest of the kids and GTFO of there. Then we have all the business with Kate washing Maddie's favourite teddy, the cadaver detected in the apartment & the rental car, plus Kate & Gerry's conflicting stories of that night and their overall shifty behaviour. And yet someone like 47er chooses to "admire them" and make excuses for their actions.

Plus, the only fingerprints found on the open window being Kate's, Jane Tanner's story changing 3 or 4 times, Maddie and her younger brother crying the night before asking where they were (as heard by a neighbour), but still they went out for a meal and left them the very next night. Being willing to take a lie detector test right upuntil a newspaper offered them one, which they then refused to take. Kate refusing to answer 40-odd questions asked by the Portugese police.. There are lots more strange things surrounding the case and particularly Kate and Gerry McCann.

Also, just for people who may not know. The Find Madeleine Fund is not a charity. It is a private company set up by the McCann's, which has been used to pay off their mortgages and legal expenses (and no doubt their trip to see the Pope too.. in my opinion).

Again, off topic...

Slightly more on topic - Kean was in the stands to watch his new team in Brunei draw 2-2 last night after going 2-0 up... Sounds very familiar.

Plus, the only fingerprints found on the open window being Kate's, Jane Tanner's story changing 3 or 4 times, Maddie and her younger brother crying the night before asking where they were (as heard by a neighbour), but still they went out for a meal and left them the very next night. Being willing to take a lie detector test right upuntil a newspaper offered them one, which they then refused to take. Kate refusing to answer 40-odd questions asked by the Portugese police.. There are lots more strange things surrounding the case and particularly Kate and Gerry McCann.

Also, just for people who may not know. The Find Madeleine Fund is not a charity. It is a private company set up by the McCann's, which has been used to pay off their mortgages and legal expenses (and no doubt their trip to see the Pope too.. in my opinion).

Again, off topic...

Slightly more on topic - Kean was in the stands to watch his new team in Brunei draw 2-2 last night after going 2-0 up... Sounds very familiar.

Blimey! You are much more of an expert in the McCann case than Venky's are about football. That is for sure....

• Backroom

Christ, didn't think a joke (albeit a slightly snide one) would lead to all that! Glad it ain't just me that attributes at least SOME blame to them.

Anyway, I would say that making John Williams' position untenable was their very worst mistake.

Christ, didn't think a joke (albeit a slightly snide one) would lead to all that! Glad it ain't just me that attributes at least SOME blame to them.

Anyway, I would say that making John Williams' position untenable was their very worst mistake.

Given the benefit of hindsight, I'd say their biggest mistake was listening to and digesting whatever bullsh1t sales patter was offered up by JA and then signing on the dotted line and writing the cheque to take ownership of the club in the first place.

• Backroom

Wait how did the McCans make Johns position untenable?

You are painfully naive, and need to do more research on the case other than accepting everything the media spoonfeeds you.

Good luck.

ME naive! You rely on one book you've read I suspect. Sensationalism means sales.

Depending on what you read:

Elvis is alive, Obama was born in Kenya and is a Muslim, Kennedy was killed by mistake--the bullet was intended for someone else and there was no moon landing in the sixties.

Over and out.

• Backroom

ME naive! You rely on one book you've read I suspect. Sensationalism means sales.

Depending on what you read:

Elvis is alive, Obama was born in Kenya and is a Muslim, Kennedy was killed by mistake--the bullet was intended for someone else and there was no moon landing in the sixties.

Over and out.

Sure, conspiracy theories and legitimate documents, police records and interview tapes/transcripts used in forensic psychology dissertations and journals are the same thing ;)

Archived