BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venky's Catalogue of Mistakes

Has anyone ever made a simple timeline of 'mistakes' made by the owners?

I thought it could be a cathartic process for us all so here goes (though it will probably end up as a Big Sam arguement lol)

Mistake 1 : Buying the club

Mistake 2 : Sacking Sam

Mistake 3 : Promoting Kean

Mistake 4 : Alienating John Williams and Tom Finn to the point where they felt they had to resign

Mistake 5 : ??????????????????

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought it could be a cathartic process for us all so here goes (though it will probably end up as a Big Sam arguement lol)

Mistake 4 : Alienating John Williams and Tom Finn to the point where they felt they had to resign

Mistake 5 : continuing to listen to the 'advise' provided Mr J Anderson

I am sure I'll think of a few in between but for now..7 Singh..OMFG!!!! 8 Agnew..well, honestly!! 9 Snowballgate Having the lack of emotional intelligence to roll up to Ewood like they were attending the Oscars...Reminded me of buffoon public schoolboy officer, arriving at the Ypres aftermath with a bottle of champagne.... Oh and yes..this is therapeutic!!!!

Allowing Coco to buy Danny Murphy and Etuhu, on longer than necessary contracts and on those wages, thinking they would help secure promotion at the first attempt.

Keeping Coco in situ, following the last day win at Wolves.

Not sacking Coco at Christmas [Man Utd result aberration aside] the following season.

Not sacking Coco at any point during his tenure.

Appointing Coco at all

Coco/Anderson/Agnew/Shaw/Singh/Existing at all/thinking they could run a football club/lack of communication with the fans/treating us with contempt/lies...could be here all day!

Listening to Jermone Anderson ahead of John Williams is the crux of everything that has gone wrong since they took over.

I would agree this was the key mistake.

I sometimes think some representative of our club should be able to take legal action against Anderson and Co. for professional negligence or something like that.

Their Brazilian chicken executive who was supposed to unearth South American gems? What a joke decision that was. Was he called De Souza?

Not Venkys, but what about Allardyce bringing in Kean as a coach? I wonder what would have happened if he'd have hired somebody else.

Their Brazilian chicken executive who was supposed to unearth South American gems? What a joke decision that was. Was he called De Souza?

Not Venkys, but what about Allardyce bringing in Kean as a coach? I wonder what would have happened if he'd have hired somebody else.

That's an interesting scenario. With Kean's feet already under the table, it was too convenient for JA to fool Venky's into thinking he was some kind of visionary coach who Rovers had to thank for bringing through the likes of Jones et al. I guess they would've installed an out of work SEM client, but no one springs to mind right now.

Someone needs to actual put together a serious date ordered timeline of events. If someone can put together a date ordered list starting with the date they bought the club, I'll make one.

Archived