BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Etuhu injured again

He did the same knee again when he made his comeback with the Reserves in March and this is what ruled him out until the recent game at Brighton. The present ankle injury is the same one that Campbell got at Preston in pre-season and Evans got on international duty. Etuhu rolled his ankle in training. These type of injuries happen unfortunately.

He did the same knee again when he made his comeback with the Reserves in March and this is what ruled him out until the recent game at Brighton. The present ankle injury is the same one that Campbell got at Preston in pre-season and Evans got on international duty. Etuhu rolled his ankle in training. These type of injuries happen unfortunately.

Didn't Rhodes and Spurr roll their ankles recently?

Do you really think the Rovers can afford to pay him off in one go? He has two and half years left on his contract so he will be expensive to pay off. Personally, I have no fault with Etuhu because it's not his fault he is injured nor is it his fault that the club offered him a long contract on excellent terms. The fault rests solely with the owners who sanctioned such a move. They were clearly happy to offer the likes of Murphy, Orr and Etuhu good contracts so I don't blame those guys for accepting.

Offer to pay up half his contract now in one lump sum and tell him he's free to find another club. He wouldn't be able to get the same wages he gets here but the lump sum should compensate for that.

You can't blame him for accepting the contract but that doesn't mean he isn't an absolutely woeful player who should never play for the club again. Absolute liability.

Offer to pay up half his contract now in one lump sum and tell him he's free to find another club. He wouldn't be able to get the same wages he gets here but the lump sum should compensate for that.

You can't blame him for accepting the contract but that doesn't mean he isn't an absolutely woeful player who should never play for the club again. Absolute liability.

if he's not fit for the job he should offer to leave, other players have done this once they've realised they can no longer cope.

There must be some sort of legal response as clearly he's not fit for the job he has been hired for. In most industries you'd cancel the contract and move on but in football you keep paying them bizarre.

He's more value for money when injured

30K a week or 6 Jamie O'hara's.

Wouldn't it be nice reflection on footballers if Etuhu said to Bowyer - this club has paid me 30k a week for a year while I was seriously injured, I know the club is struggling financially so if you want to cancel my contract that's ok.

We all know that's never going to happen, he's got mercenary written all over him, he won't need to play for another club for life just picking up his wage from the injury table for the next two and a half years.

A journeyman footballer who struck it lucky thanks to dodgy dealings from the bald keaner.

if he's not fit for the job he should offer to leave, other players have done this once they've realised they can no longer cope.

There must be some sort of legal response as clearly he's not fit for the job he has been hired for. In most industries you'd cancel the contract and move on but in football you keep paying them bizarre.

30K a week or 6 Jamie O'hara's.

Let's be honest, that's never gonna happen. It's his last big pay day. He's a lge 1 player now so won't earn anywhere near what he's on now. He can't just walk away from it and tbh I wouldn't either if I was in his position.

• Backroom

why bother when he can stay here for another 2 and a half years doing sod all getting paid a fortune?

Dickson Etuhu is injured again and could be out for a couple of months. source is Alan Nixon

we should have never signed him and defo not give him a four years contract and on high wages,

Who cares? I doubt he'd get in the team if fit. Can't say I would recognise him anyway. Still no doubt somebody somewhere will still be reaping the benefits from a regular slice of that ludicrous remuneration as we speak. :glare: The slumdog millioniares would have had more entertainment if they had taken a huge wedge out of the bank, laid it on the ground, poured petrol on it and lit it.

Dickson gave possible the worst performance I've ever seen from a Rovers player against Blackpool last year. When I heard he was back I thought, "fresh start, give him a chance"... Then Brighton happened. Glad he's injured, for our sake.

Rubbish.

I know that it's not Etuhu's fault he was offered such a ludicrous deal by Kean and co, but he is a £1.5 million pound (and 1 penalty) a year drain on our club for no return, and for that reason I can't stand him.

I actually think he is more of a problem than Best in terms of the prospect of us shifting him because he is older.

Wouldn't it be nice reflection on footballers if Etuhu said to Bowyer - this club has paid me 30k a week for a year while I was seriously injured, I know the club is struggling financially so if you want to cancel my contract that's ok. In reality I can see us playing League 2 football with a team of part-timers except for Best and Etuhu on 30k a week.

Didn't the old Argentine midfielder Fernando Redondo do that? If I remember correctly he as injured so much for AC Milan that he didn't collect any wages since he did not want the club to pay when he wasn't playing.

Fat chance of any of the high-paid keans in our squad doing the same...

Didn't the old Argentine midfielder Fernando Redondo do that? If I remember correctly he as injured so much for AC Milan that he didn't collect any wages since he did not want the club to pay when he wasn't playing.

I was going to say the only player I can imagine doing that for the club would be Dunn, but then I realised if we hadn't paid him when he has been injured we would have saved a small fortune by now!

Why would they either? Redondo had a career at the top for Real Madrid. Of course players want to keep the wage they are being paid. I would, injured or not.

Dunno but as most footballers these days are effectively self employed when they don't play then the club should pay them nowt and it should be down to them to do as most other businesses do and

a. pay their own insurance

and

b. decide their own level of cover.

Archived