BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Etuhu injured again

• Backroom

At least Grella was decent on the infrequent occasions he got out onto the pitch!

Not sure this is true tbh. The only time I remember him actually playing a game I think he got sent off. From memory Grella was slow and due to his never-ending injuries had no chance of getting up to speed with the Premiership.

Grella was the master of breaking up the play. Can always remember him making a tackle and taking a yellow card when teams were on the break. Whether that was just because he was rubbish I don't know but he definitely was more use than Etuhu

It's a bit harsh on Etuhu, it's quite common for players coming back from very long lay offs get lesser injuries and niggles.

Grella would have been a decent to good player for us had he been able to stay fit long enough to get some form.

I think we are often quite mean to injury prone players, sometimes justified but often not. It's not much fun being injured.

It's a bit harsh on Etuhu, it's quite common for players coming back from very long lay offs get lesser injuries and niggles.

Grella would have been a decent to good player for us had he been able to stay fit long enough to get some form.

I think we are often quite mean to injury prone players, sometimes justified but often not. It's not much fun being injured.

I would totally agree with that. Etuhu has picked up the same injury in training as Evans. Evans is out for another five weeks according to reports but these things happen in football. Nobody can predict injury or how long they take to clear up it's just part of the game.

I know that it's not Etuhu's fault he was offered such a ludicrous deal by Kean and co, but he is a £1.5 million pound (and 1 penalty) a year drain on our club for no return, and for that reason I can't stand him.

I actually think he is more of a problem than Best in terms of the prospect of us shifting him because he is older.

Wouldn't it be nice reflection on footballers if Etuhu said to Bowyer - this club has paid me 30k a week for a year while I was seriously injured, I know the club is struggling financially so if you want to cancel my contract that's ok. In reality I can see us playing League 2 football with a team of part-timers except for Best and Etuhu on 30k a week.

Good. Don't want this guy anywhere near the team. Absolutely woeful.

Just pay him off and be done with it. More money wasted!

Do you really think the Rovers can afford to pay him off in one go? He has two and half years left on his contract so he will be expensive to pay off. Personally, I have no fault with Etuhu because it's not his fault he is injured nor is it his fault that the club offered him a long contract on excellent terms. The fault rests solely with the owners who sanctioned such a move. They were clearly happy to offer the likes of Murphy, Orr and Etuhu good contracts so I don't blame those guys for accepting.

Do you really think the Rovers can afford to pay him off in one go? He has two and half years left on his contract so he will be expensive to pay off. Personally, I have no fault with Etuhu because it's not his fault he is injured nor is it his fault that the club offered him a long contract on excellent terms. The fault rests solely with the owners who sanctioned such a move. They were clearly happy to offer the likes of Murphy, Orr and Etuhu good contracts so I don't blame those guys for accepting.

I agree about the contracts and not blaming the players for accepting them. I am however a little suspicious of Etuhu's injuries. After he was substituted by Berg at Blackpool a year ago he went off with a knee injury. As far as I know he didn't have any surgery and (I am no medic mind) twelve months does seem excessive to get over a knee injury which didn't require surgery. Now after a cameo apperarance at Brighton (when I have to say he was awful) he has gone sick again and now it is for two months.

I may be doing him a disservice but he doesn't exactly strike me as being a dedicated professional.

I agree about the contracts and not blaming the players for accepting them. I am however a little suspicious of Etuhu's injuries. After he was substituted by Berg at Blackpool a year ago he went off with a knee injury. As far as I know he didn't have any surgery and (I am no medic mind) twelve months does seem excessive to get over a knee injury which didn't require surgery. Now after a cameo apperarance at Brighton (when I have to say he was awful) he has gone sick again and now it is for two months.

I may be doing him a disservice but he doesn't exactly strike me as being a dedicated professional.

He did the same knee again when he made his comeback with the Reserves in March and this is what ruled him out until the recent game at Brighton. The present ankle injury is the same one that Campbell got at Preston in pre-season and Evans got on international duty. Etuhu rolled his ankle in training. These type of injuries happen unfortunately.

Archived