BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] QPR [Away]; 7th December.

m1st

After Tuesday's non-performance I fear the worst but it's often in situation like this that Rovers confound expectations and win. The last time I visited Loftus Road was the championship winning season of 1995 when Sutton scored the winning goal and I'll settle for the same score this time. I fancy us to win. If anyone wants to buy me a half-time drink I'll be wearing a flat cap with a Rovers bobble hat on top.

By the sound of that hat combination I think people might be keeping a safe distance Jim, never mind buying you a beer :xmas:

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After Tuesday's non-performance I fear the worst but it's often in situation like this that Rovers confound expectations and win. The last time I visited Loftus Road was the championship winning season of 1995 when Sutton scored the winning goal and I'll settle for the same score this time. I fancy us to win. If anyone wants to buy me a half-time drink I'll be wearing a flat cap with a Rovers bobble hat on top.

Ok Jim I'll keep my eye out for you. I'm the one with the rattle and Don Martin on the back of my shirt!

I think many of the younger posters will be confused as to what a bobble hat is Jim :xmas:

Only way I could see it is this -

Kean

Killa Dann Hanley

Henley Dunn Cairney Taylor Spurr

Rhodes Gestede/DJ

Maybe change Cairney for Lowe and Dunn for Cairney if needed?

If we do play 3-5-2 then this would be my team

Eastwood; Hanley, Dann, Kilgallon; Henley, Lowe, Cairney, Taylor, Spurr; Rhodes, Dunn

don't think we will play 3-5-2 but wouldn't be shocked tho if we did.

Eastwood; Hanley, Dann, Kilgallon; Henley, Lowe, Cairney, Taylor, Spurr; Rhodes, Dunn

Looks like a game throwing team chaddy.

What happened to this Ben Marshall fella though he was supposed to be a 'good un'.

What happened to this Ben Marshall fella though he was supposed to be a 'good un'.

if we play 4-4-1-1 then I would play Marshall on the right wing. according to some fans I have spoken to who WENT to the Ipswich game said Marshall was decent and put some good crosses in and did better than King

my team if we play 4-4-1-1 then it would be:- Eastwood, Henley, Dann, Hanley, Spurr, Marshall, Lowe, Cairney, Taylor, Dunn, Rhodes.

Taylor and Dunn to return. Also Hanley should be fit.

Interesting re Kane and his suspension

"The quality of the squad is that obviously we've got somebody like Adam Henley who can play there, and there are one or two others that can play there, and it might not necessarily be a back four.

We've got experienced people on the staff and if you look at the manner in which we've been shipping goals away from home it is something that you have to be open minded to and not ignore the possibility that as well as a change of personnel, there can be a change of system."

http://www.rovers.co.uk/news/article/taylor-and-dunn-to-return-1217923.aspx

Surely not a flat back 3 with wingbacks??

On the one hand is Loftus Rd not a narrow pitch ? However when we have an excellent defensive record at home - may be it isn't formations. Personally I do wonder whether it is the fact we are too defensive away from home that is leading to the problems at the back - whereas at home there is more of an onus to attack. Sometime the best form of defence is attack !

If we play kane and Spurr and then 3 centre halves that is just playing 5 at the back as the full backs will be fully on defensive duties. We won't be able to get out of our own area and we'll end up losing easily. A really bad idea in my view. Forget about wing backs unless you can play more attack minded plasyers there which we don't have.

I don't get your thinking with this one?

Just saying that GB massively hinting at a back 3 in his latest presser. I guess he means 3-5-2 unless we're really scraping the barrel and going 5-4-1!

Unless it's supposed to throw QPR off with our formation. It's going to be interesting that's for sure.

Last time I went to Loftus Road was in the promotion season of 2000/2001. Great 3-1 victory with Berkovic pulling the strings. The team we put out then puts the current one to shame.

Perhaps naively given our away form, I'm looking forward to going tomorrow. Loftus Road is a good old fashioned ground with a bit of atmosphere and like any team in this league QPR are beatable. I hope we go out tomorrow and attack them with Cairney in the middle and Dunn in the hole. Maybe rest King if its a narrow pitch, perhaps swap with Taylor, as we will need a bit of extra solidity and energy in midfield. Best form of defense is often attack as others have posted and I would rather we went down fighting.

Henley will probably be in for Kane as he is suspended for this one, which could be a good thing as when the other teams move breaks down and the keeper has it, Henley gets out and wide really quick and is not afraid to run with the ball into advanced areas and that in it self will give us a bit more pace and energy.

Now weather Kean is quick enough to look for him is a different matter, as he does like to hold onto the ball and slow the game down, even against Reading in the last few minutes when we needed a goal and a quick release, he took an age to get it forward.

Interesting game doesnt matter who plays, its what they are made of and how they play by putting in the performance that the fans so desire otherwise this join the push for promotion is going to look pretty empty .

Heres to Rovers coming back on line after going off line midweek.

Arte et labore

Ok Jim I'll keep my eye out for you. I'm the one with the rattle and Don Martin on the back of my shirt!

Respect to you, oojw; I'd have fancied the late, great Don Martin ["When we win promotion, this is what we'll sing ..."] to nick one against the strong defence that 'Arry seems to have established at Loftus Road.

God rest him.

Archived