BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] QPR [Away]; 7th December.

m1st

Sounds as though there will be more changes besides Eastwood. Taylor has to come in, cairney has to move into the centre and DJ has to be replaced by Dunn, Rochina or Gestede. Why not try a 3 at the back as well? This is a bonus game imo as QPR are by far the best team in the league so we expect to lose.

Bowyer said he was furious after the Ipswich match so he has to send out a message to all the players, if you are not performing then you're out of the team. He would look foolish if he says how angry he was then keeps the same starting 11.

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love all these "he is like Dennis irwin" type comments...

Wasn't Judge "the Irish Messi" as well? and Goodwillie a "Scottish Rooney"?

Kean me...

Looking for a hungry Rovers response and a win, 2-1

God knows how he'll be describing his potential signings to the Sultan :) Just how do you talk up the failure that is Franny Jeffers lol

Still think we'll play well today but ultimately come up short.

4-2 to QPR

If Bowyer's pre-match interview is anything to go on, I'm expecting some big changes today. He was clearly letdown by that result midweek and it sounds like he's prepared to swing the axe on the underperformers in the squad. Assuming Nicko's line-up is legit, then I'll be curious to see how Gestede & Rochina link-up in attack. However, I'm not sure Dann deserves to be dropped, not if Songo'o is the answer, anyway.

• Backroom

Wouldn't surprise me if GB made some widespread changes today. Time to let some of the players know how badly they're letting themselves and the club down.

Jake Kean must be dropped. Eastwood may not be any better but Jake's a total liability and it's as much a mercy as a punishment to take him out of the team at this point.

Eastwood, Henley, Dann, Hanley, Spurr, Cairney, Lowe, Williamson, Marshall, Taylor, Rhodes.

Subs: Kean, Kilgallon, King, Dunn, Campbell, Rochina, Judge

Look like 4-3-3 to me unless he playing 3-4-3 with Lowe and Henley as wing back.

But I would think its 4-3-3 formation.

---------------Eastwood

Henley Dann Hanley Spurr

Williamson Lowe Cairney

Marshall------------------------Taylor

-----------------Rhodes

What happend to the sweeping changes promised by Bowyer ?.

I haven't heard or read him promise any sweeping changes?

Not sure why King has been dropped. Looks like we are going for Marshall or Taylor in the hole.

Always try to be positive but that team looks very weak. Williamson, Marshall and Taylor!! I missed the Leeds game so missed Taylors best performance so I'm judging what I've seen previously.

Think it may be a 4-2-3-1 with Cairney beyween marshall and Taylor.

Come on Rovers......surprise me!

Isn't the news obvious Kane is suspended so we need a change at right back, so Bruno Ribeiro will come into the team.

I think ribiereo finally left us and went back to south America in the summer, but if you remember his couple of starts at the beginning of last year he didn't look as terrible as was/is made out, he seemed like he'd make a reasonable back up for right back, wing back and right wing, not much different to Kane(in size, ability or strength) I think possibly there was and still is a language barrier with all our Portuguese speaking signings(and Steve Keane was the only Portuguese speaking 'person' at the club)

as for todays team selection, it seems quite strong, though lacking any real pace without king and kane, seeing lowe and Williamson start together is never a good sign though, but I think in selecting Marshal, taylor and williamson bowyer has gone for players that will get stuck in a bit more.(im now quietly confident we are capable of grafting out a point if ALL the team is up for it, barring any stupid mistakes)

Archived