BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] QPR [Away]; 7th December.

m1st

doesn't quite make up for the pathetic Ipswich performance, but its a very good response, we need to keep our performance levels at this level(or obviously higher) to really stand a chance of breaking into the play off spots.

Certainly Bowyer seems to have got a good response.

Reassured me that we don't have to be so soft and easy to beat away from home. Sounded like lots of hard work and solidity. Would have done their confidence a load of good to get the win it sounded like we deserved...just on chances...

My kids texted me to say Hoilett got lots of stick..Good!

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's not the point. If we'd have scored from our 3 good chances, we'd have won. Simple. The mentality of the kind of statements yourself and others come out with is the same mentality the whole club seems to have these days. Yes we are where we are blah blahs blah. However the fact is, we could have easily won that game. Brighton away we controlled but lost, Ipswich we dominated for 60 mins of the game and lost and so on.

But at the same time if QPR had scored from their good chances, they'd have won.

• Backroom

Put simply I'd have taken 1 point from Ipswich and QPR. That we did it the wrong way round is fine by me.

The fact we had 3 chances means nowt. QPR were very similarly woeful in front of goal by the sounds of it.

A point. Away. At the best team in the league. Not the best result but better than I expected. I'll take it.

Also shows Eastwood may be a touch more reliable than Kean. Henley better than Kane. Something about those 4 letters, eh?

Put simply I'd have taken 1 point from Ipswich and QPR. That we did it the wrong way round is fine by me.

The fact we had 3 chances means nowt. QPR were very similarly woeful in front of goal by the sounds of it.

A point. Away. At the best team in the league. Not the best result but better than I expected. I'll take it.

Also shows Eastwood may be a touch more reliable than Kean. Henley better than Kane. Something about those 4 letters, eh?

Kane is very able!

Its a fair point that we need to start converting our chances. Its what will make a big difference in our final league position. Throwing away points against side like Ipswich make you want to pull your hair out. But against a side of QPR's quality an away point isn't to be sniffed at.

I hope Bowyer really showed some authority after Tuesday. Todays result and allegedly the performance might suggest he has done. The 'pally pally' approach can't last forever. It simply won't work. I hope the squad has learned a lesson. But I have seen us bounce back before. The key now is to build on this. I will reserve judgement for the time being I think.

• Backroom

Ipswich we dominated for 60 mins of the game and lost and so on.

:lol:

Stop talking balls.

If we perform like we did today over the course of the rest of the season we'll win far more than we draw or lose.

Unfortunately the team doesn't have the quality to remain that consistent and we'll finish around mid-table, which is roughly where we're at right now. Whether GB will have the funds (or whether we'll have a team at all) to strengthen next season remains to be seen.

Send him out on loan it's bad luck, plus he's not very good !

I see that Wigan are appointing a totally bald manager, well good look with that !

Wasn't too keen on some of the songs our fans sang. Cringetastic.

Taylor was high energy, good performance from him. Back four looked ptretty solid, especially the full-backs. Marshall looked confident. Personally I'd drop williamson and put tom in the centre. King was good. Rhodes showed poor awareness and touch at times. Draw a fair result

Just read back at those criticising team selections and formations earlier in the thread. Entertaining.

Well done to all involved today. Pleasing result.

Fair play to bowyer, a few big calls in that lineup, but it worked.

Still madness having cairney on the right though.

Just read back at those criticising team selections and formations earlier in the thread. Entertaining.

Well done to all involved today. Pleasing result.

I said on the 1st post after the review that we'd get battered 4-1, so well done to Gary and the lads to prove

me wrong and that they do have some guts after all.

I think the folks travelling home will be in good spirits for a change.

I haven't heard or read him promise any sweeping changes?

Not sure why King has been dropped.

Could it be because he 's been crap recently I wonder? Glimpses of raw talent but ultimately a player who gives the ball away every time he gets into the final third isn't getting us anywhere.

Archived