SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] QPR [Away]; 7th December.

m1st

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"You're going home in an ambulance".

I'm not a kill-joy, I love having a laugh.

But it's my prerogative not to join in. Fair play, really.

"England's ... number six!"

I agree with you, the chants about Austin are painfully unfunny viewed objectively but given the former Burnley connection you know they're coming and in many ways it would be very disappointing if nothing was sung.

It'd be a bit like sitting through an episode of Are you being served? and not getting the obligatory gag about Mrs. Slocombe's pussy. You'd feel quite shortchanged.

He really wants it. Walking around with his socks rolled down after the game, old school. I couldn't help but warm to him. By the way, what's all this hugging stuff before the game. Softies.

Really enjoyed going though. It's been a long time. The sense of nelonging when you're sat with other fans is hard to explain. Even the idiocy of venky's can't change that. Walking up the metal stairs, finding my block and seat, familiar traditions. I was busy this morning and ended up getting to the ground in a taxi.

Venky's will never be able to sever the relationship with my club. I don't care, win or lose you can't erase the memories and feelings.

It's something the poultry plucking intetlopets could nevet hope to understand. I just hope they leave something to salvage

He really wants it. Walking around with his socks rolled down after the game, old school. I couldn't help but warm to him. By the way, what's all this hugging stuff before the game. Softies.

Really enjoyed going though. It's been a long time. The sense of nelonging when you're sat with other fans is hard to explain. Even the idiocy of venky's can't change that. Walking up the metal stairs, finding my block and seat, familiar traditions. I was busy this morning and ended up getting to the ground in a taxi.

Venky's will never be able to sever the relationship with my club. I don't care, win or lose you can't erase the memories and feelings.

It's something the poultry plucking intetlopets could nevet hope to understand. I just hope they leave something to salvage

I actually think there's much more to football than just winning or losing. It's about coming away and feeling proud of their team and that's what happened today. Glad you enjoyed it.

He was very good. Far better in a central role than out wide which is where he was playing earlier in the season.

He has boundless energy and gets in peoples faces which makes the opposition make mistakes. He lacks a little quality in the final third but his strenghts far outweigh his weaknesses.

Yeah, he revelled I a free role drifting across the pitch against Leeds as well rather than hugging the touchline.

Taylor was pretty much in the middle. The fuy can tackle and close down, that's for sure

He should be an automatic pick along with spurr henley. I can see Marshall being a regular too.

Dj campbell is a lazy sod, can't be doing with running unless he's got the ball or will get a pass

He messed up a couple of times. Wasted a god pass from Taylor when in a promising position and later on basically had goal at hi mercy but didn't realise a man was closing him down and he ended up ballsing it.

I apologize for my typing. My fingers are big and I believe these smart phones are suitable only for women

Glad you enjoyed your day Bryan, I don't get to games very often these days myself , infact most of the games

in recent seasons have been away from home and I get the same feeling.

One great thing for me at away games is being in a pub early and wondering if any Rovers' lot are going to turn up in the place you're at,

well I'll say this I don't think I've ever been disappointed yet, there is always someone, and if you can't see the colours, you can always

recognise the accent when they order their beer.

Plus points were Eastwood looked assured in all aspects and appeared (from the far end) to make a couple of great blocks in 2nd half. Henley very good and much more confident then the dithering Kane. Taylor excellent with chasing, challenges and taking the ball into attack. Marshall as at Ipswich delivered great crosses from the byeline but nobody could be arsed to get on the end of them. Williamson very tidy in distribution. Bad points were Lowe lacking any quality at key moments, King losing the ball repeatedly and Campbell showing a total lack of effort or application - although in fairness he's a lightweight midget compared to his marker Dunne. A continuing problem is that only Rhodes ever looks like scoring as all the midfielders either fail to get into the box or finish with powder-puffs.

Well today's result was great. However I have just had an even more satisfying result. My apologies for going off topic.

I moved my elderly in laws in about 18 months ago. My father in law has pushed my patience to its limits and beyond. However, I have just discovered that I can change his sky channel with my remote through the glass doors which divide our living rooms. He just walked in having made a cuppa to find the tv on a very questionable channel and my mother in law tutting.

ha ha ha!

Really laughed at that one

Post of the month?

What sort of position was Taylor playing today then?

Free role behind Rhodes. Bowyer knew we'd most likely have less possession so Taylor was clearly played there to stop QPR players from having so much time on the ball to pick out their passes. That plan worked very well as Taylor forced QPR into a lot of errors and made them rush their passes which helped us win back possession. He will be a key player away from home.

I don't think I'd want him to play in the hole when we are at home though. At home, it is up to us to take the ascendancy and break teams down. I don't think Taylor has enough technical ability to play that role. It has to be Dunn or Rochina. Where did Taylor play against Leeds? We need to accommodate him and a Dunn/Rochina type at home.

Just got back.

Taylor wasn't playing a free role. We played in 4-1-4-1 formation. Willo the deep defensive midfielder & Lowe / Taylor played the more advanced, box to box midfield roles, pushing Barton & Carroll back all game. To me, those 3 were the key today & all 3 were terrific in their respective roles. Taylor probably supported Rhodes more than Lowe but, at times, I felt JL was playing centre forward! Closing down & harrying all game, Taylor & Lowe deserve specific credit today.

Really enjoyed it, Tactically brilliant by GB today. Different team to the crap I watched on Tues night.

Well today's result was great. However I have just had an even more satisfying result. My apologies for going off topic.

I moved my elderly in laws in about 18 months ago. My father in law has pushed my patience to its limits and beyond. However, I have just discovered that I can change his sky channel with my remote through the glass doors which divide our living rooms. He just walked in having made a cuppa to find the tv on a very questionable channel and my mother in law tutting.

Ha Ha Brilliant!

Plus points were Eastwood looked assured in all aspects and appeared (from the far end) to make a couple of great blocks in 2nd half. Henley very good and much more confident then the dithering Kane. Taylor excellent with chasing, challenges and taking the ball into attack. Marshall as at Ipswich delivered great crosses from the byeline but nobody could be arsed to get on the end of them. Williamson very tidy in distribution. Bad points were Lowe lacking any quality at key moments, King losing the ball repeatedly and Campbell showing a total lack of effort or application - although in fairness he's a lightweight midget compared to his marker Dunne. A continuing problem is that only Rhodes ever looks like scoring as all the midfielders either fail to get into the box or finish with powder-puffs.

That sums up our season to date and frailties in general quire neatly I'd say.

Glad you enjoyed your day Bryan, I don't get to games very often these days myself , infact most of the games

in recent seasons have been away from home and I get the same feeling.

One great thing for me at away games is being in a pub early and wondering if any Rovers' lot are going to turn up in the place you're at,

well I'll say this I don't think I've ever been disappointed yet, there is always someone, and if you can't see the colours, you can always

recognise the accent when they order their beer.

London games were always brilliant for that. I went to a Spurs game, while I was living away and bumped into loads of people who had lived near me when I was a kid.Passionate Rovers chat and a good few pints.

I am particularly glad for the away fans today. They have had such misery on their travels and for longer than I had realised. I hope the players went to them at the end.

Bowyer deserves a lot of credit both for his setting up and for the way he obviously made use of what happened at Ipswich to fire the players up.. There was one bit on the radio where the commentators marveled at how quickly Rovers charged back to get behind the ball.

It is worth noting that Bowyer was up against one of the most experienced managers in the country today..

One thing that as not been mentioned about Eastwood is the almighty bollocking that Dann gave him in the first 10 minutes, long ball over the top Dann running back Eastwood hesitated before coming for it and almost cocked it up (very similar to Kean's mistake at Ipswich obviously without the resulting goal), whether it was stage fright or being under pressure when QPR were pinning us early on, I don't know but I feared for the worse, but after the bollocking he didn't seem to put a foot wrong and the defence seemed to be a lot more confident with him.

Also his kicking is very Robinson like, just need a couple of big men upfront who are good in the air :)

I thought it was a terrific team performance today. Completely the opposite of Tuesday night at Ipswich. Williamson and Marshall were outstanding, Henley completely snuffed out Hoilett whilst Eastwood surprised me with his performance as it was far better than I have seen him perform before. Gary got the team and tactics spot on. It was unfortunate that Rhodes fluffed an excellent chance in the second half but, nonetheless, I think this was the most convincing away performance so far against a team who I fully expect to win the Championship this season.

Some observations from today's match.

The support was brilliant, both in numbers and noise. Well done to everyone. Not sure about some of the chants though. Charlie Austin is a c*** . Where's the humour ?

First, we rode our luck in the second half but deserved the point. The effort and concentration over 90 minutes was tremendous.

The defensive back four is as good as any in this division. Henley had a smashing game and didn't give Hoilett a yard. We've really missed him. The keeper didn't put a foot wrong.

Williamson was excellent in midfield and Marshall had a good game too. In contrast to some I thought Taylor could have done more.

Rhodes grafted but contributed little. As for DJ Campbell, why did we sign him ?

I was very disappointed with QPR. On today's showing we're not a long way below their level.

The team sat back too much Kean-style in the last 20 minutes but overall I thought Bowyer had us well organised today.

To sum up, let's do it again in the next match and the one after, and not another Ipswich type performance please.

Just got back.

Taylor wasn't playing a free role. We played in 4-1-4-1 formation. Willo the deep defensive midfielder & Lowe / Taylor played the more advanced, box to box midfield roles, pushing Barton & Carroll back all game. To me, those 3 were the key today & all 3 were terrific in their respective roles. Taylor probably supported Rhodes more than Lowe but, at times, I felt JL was playing centre forward! Closing down & harrying all game, Taylor & Lowe deserve specific credit today.

Really enjoyed it, Tactically brilliant by GB today. Different team to the crap I watched on Tues night.

I thought that out of possession we played a five man midfield today and this was an important factor in the game. We were content to let Barton and Carroll have the ball in their half but as soon as they came forward we swamped them. Redknapp took off Hoilett and Phillips in the second half and brought on O'Neill and Krankjar. This in itself was a compliment to how effective the team was set up.

I wonder if Craig Short has been given more responsibility? Before the players did their final warm up routine he got them together in a huddle and was really animated. This carried on throughout the game.

After the low of Tuesday this was a high and hopefully Bowyer has learnt how to set the team up away from home.

Archived