BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] DJ Campbell arrested on match fixing allegations

JMillZz

How apt does your quote seem now

It was only a matter of time before someone got caught, it is more common place than you would think.

the game is corrupt and the key persons have been getting greedier and believe they are untouchable.

the FA only care about image resulting in them shackling themselves

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Norbert

Yep, the FA may allow Sodje etc. to be hung out to dry and then say that is that. Then it'll be back on board the rickity old gravy train to enrich themselves further.

If he has been bailed then he must have been charged. Even if the court case is set for a future date for all parties to put their case together.

This could leave rovers paying him but not being able to play him, and no other club will touch him.

This might not be a great thing for Rovers.

Unless DJ admits any wrongdoing this isn't a good thing on any level, if guilty we'd have to pay a player we presumably can't field for months and months then after conviction we'd have to go through the rigmarole of sueing him, and who's to say he wouldn't blow or hide away his money in the meantime so he wouldn't have to pay us back?

If innocent, we're unfairly robbed of the services of a player we can't use(regardless of how crap he is), and still have to pay him. Wonder if we could sue the Police in that instance?

Unless DJ admits any wrongdoing this isn't a good thing on any level, if guilty we'd have to pay a player we presumably can't field for months and months then after conviction we'd have to go through the rigmarole of sueing him, and who's to say he wouldn't blow or hide away his money in the meantime so he wouldn't have to pay us back?

If innocent, we're unfairly robbed of the services of a player we can't use(regardless of how crap he is), and still have to pay him. Wonder if we could sue the Police in that instance?

if convicted it is breach of contract

Its just another example of modern day footballers being greddy b******s, earn as much money as you can and @#/? to the clubs.supporters, its only a short career you know :(

If the millionaire DJ Campbell is guilty I hope the club sack the greedy little swine and he goes to prison, that should bring him back into the land of the living.

Does anybody else have a hard time seeing what bookies get out of these obscure markets? They cant take much cash on bets re yellow cards etc and in doing it they leave themselves wide open to big losses in things like whats alleged

Obviously.......

but any case wouldn't get to trial for a year or two,we'd have to pay him in the meantime, and then the success of any civil suit against Campbell if convicted would depend upon him still having the money to pay us back.

(Sorry, my quote thingy doesn't seem to be working)

• Backroom

you can bet your bottom dollar that the FA will do their utmost to make that the case,

sticky bum time in Singapore!

I don't know. If the FA choose to try and take Rovers to task for this they will be opening themselves up to a heavy degree of criticism too. With the ridiculous things going on at the club over the past few years and the Action Group and MP's calling for action they will surely be asked why they didn't act sooner? Just saying "there wasn't enough evidence" won't cut it imo. They could very quickly be exposed for the frauds we will know they are.

In response to the query about what the bookies get out of it I agree, it seems relatively pointless.

I think the marketing war between the major high street bookies has reached such a fever pitch it's just a willy waving contest now:

"We're offering 119 different markets on the Liverpool v Arsenal game, more than any of our other competitors etc"

In response to the query about what the bookies get out of it I agree, it seems relatively pointless.

I think the marketing war between the major high street bookies has reached such a fever pitch it's just a willy waving contest now:

"We're offering 119 different markets on the Liverpool v Arsenal game, more than any of our other competitors etc"

Possibly, still cant imagine it generating enough to warrant it, but it could I guess

re your quote issue, have you just upgraded to IE11? Did same for me other week

I don't know. If the FA choose to try and take Rovers to task for this they will be opening themselves up to a heavy degree of criticism too. With the ridiculous things going on at the club over the past few years and the Action Group and MP's calling for action they will surely be asked why they didn't act sooner? Just saying "there wasn't enough evidence" won't cut it imo. They could very quickly be exposed for the frauds we will know they are.

read again! the FA will make sure there are no more problems

I presume that it is Montano that hasn't been bailed out of the 6 suspects. He's been caught on camera according to the link (suspended without pay by Oldham) . Which begs the question how did the police know to target the other 5? Has someone spilled the beans? They must have some sort of evidence to make the arrests.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11676/9065140

The NCA has just risen like a phoenix from the flames - it seems this Government like to change the names of agencies at will, costing millions in the process. This is heaven sent material to get their teeth into, when I would have thought they would have been better looking at human trafficking, large scale drug importations and the like.

They have had to act to a large extent driven by the SOS releasing the revelations in this weekends edition. It is hard to speculate what evidence there is on DJ.....as I say unless he has been filmed like Sodje with a smoking gun, it may just be one player's word against his.

Not uncommon to bail off for long periods, this could be a massive investigation, and with so much pressure on a prestige police department, they will want all the time they can to investigate properly. I've recently had a client on police bail for over two years, prior to charge.....there is no time limit.

As for what happens to DJ, he is simply under investigation....there may be a clause in his contract dealing with something like this [ie Police investigation], but unless there is something specific about the offence and the club that brings him into conflict, it may be that he will play in the interim.

Here's an article that gives you some idea of the amount of $ involved in it (Not the DJ incident but in general)

http://rendezvous.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/02/07/asia-the-heart-of-worldwide-soccer-corruption-investigators-say/?_r=0

And another that states $5 million was bet on one Australian A-League game via a south east Asia bookmaker

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-02-14/an-football-match-fixing-feature/4518920

Im sure that for every one "syndicate" bet that they have to pay out on the bookies legal or not will be taking in a lot more that they don't

Archived