BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] DJ Campbell arrested on match fixing allegations

JMillZz

I agree with Kamy we can't condemn DJ until it has been proven but given where the challenge occurred it does not look good.

This problem could be so rife it could go much much deeper.

Tthe fact both the Sodje bros have both admitted their guilt and by association are linked with our former striker Jason Roberts this stinks.

It would call into question his MBE.

I always assumed Roberts was not a regular goal scorer but was trying his best to improve, but some of his misses ask many questions.

I remember one from around Christmas when Roberts had an open goal in the 90th minute vs Sunderland and he completely missed.

I remember thinking my cat could have scored that it was that blatent.

The number of times the boy missed from 2 yards which had me thinking just hit it along the ground and it would be a goal.

some of his misses were embarrassing and then when he made that cringeworthy bbc video on how to finish.

I always thought J.Roberts was just a poor finisher & thought no more about it.

Thinking can a striker be so poor as they miss so spectacularly a chance from 2 yards out & on a regular basis?.

Where supporters are discussing 1 player every other week for such an easy miss from like 2 yards out?.

It makes you wonder if a player can be so poor I reckon even a striker in the ryman Prem. Lge would be able to to put an open goal away easily with their eyes shut!.

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But Campbell is hardly a regular starter, when would he have known that he was definitely starting the game in order to tell the others that the scam was on??

It makes me wonder if his selection for that game (which was seriously odd - in the hole??) raises suspicions on others??

Been thinking about our chances of suspending him without pay - surely there is a difference between what has to be proven in a court of law to conclude he is guilty, and what an employer has to prove.

For example he is on most football websites in his blackburn shirt with a title of match fixing - surely there is something about bringing the club into disrepute we can suspend him without pay for?!

But Campbell is hardly a regular starter, when would he have known that he was definitely starting the game in order to tell the others that the scam was on??

It makes me wonder if his selection for that game (which was seriously odd - in the hole??) raises suspicions on others??

He was in the side because Chris Taylor was unavailable due to personal circumstances. I'm sure the squad will have travelled the day before and Taylor wouldn't have been with them. He played in the hole (which I found strange anyway) and to prepare him I think Bowyer would have given him plenty of notice.

Been thinking about our chances of suspending him without pay - surely there is a difference between what has to be proven in a court of law to conclude he is guilty, and what an employer has to prove.

For example he is on most football websites in his blackburn shirt with a title of match fixing - surely there is something about bringing the club into disrepute we can suspend him without pay for?!

I'd expect an employer would have to prove breach of contract and/or gross misconduct.

If the accusations are proved false, why should he lose out because he was wrongfully implicated?

Have I missed something, what is the charge against Roberts?

no charge as yet,

"Ex-Premier League star DJ Campbell is one of six people questioned by police in connection with allegations of fixing in football matches.

Mr Campbell, who now plays for Championship side Blackburn, was one of six people arrested on Sunday."

but this guy has implicated him after an admission

"Mr Sodje was secretly filmed by the Sun on Sunday describing how he had punched an opponent in a League One game to get a red card in exchange for £70,000"

not looking good I would say

• Backroom

There isn't one Savio has charged him by association it seems

There isn't even a hint to suggest Jason Roberts brother (DJs agent) knew of this never mind Jason himself being involved

Be careful what you insinuate is what I would say as players and agents will be quick to distance themselves from any accusations

Stu there is no charge against JR what I am saying is the Sodje bros have both admitted their guilt and they are also well known to Jason Roberts and given that Jason Roberts missed so many open goals for us asks many questions.

There isn't one Savio has charged him by association it seems

There isn't even a hint to suggest Jason Roberts brother (DJs agent) knew of this never mind Jason himself being involved

Be careful what you insinuate is what I would say as players and agents will be quick to distance themselves from any accusations

Sorry Tom I did not mean it to sound like I am charging him by association but given the fact Jason was well known to the Sodje Bros who have both admitted their guilt and given for Blackburn rovers he was by far one of our worse strikers in terms of missing easy chances I'm in no way accusing him of being involved I would though say Jason Roberts would have a case to answer as some of his misses my cousins 4 year old would have put it away esp the Sunderland game all I'm saying is he definitely has a case to answer.

Roversfan99 that is your opinion but some of his misses defied belief and I believe some of his clear cut chances were harder to miss it might find out in the end he was that crap a striker but it raises questions when it is an open goal whatever level you are at most league and no league strikers would have put most of his chances away if you think I am talking rubbish I ask you to watch the sunderland game around new years day where the goal is empty and he misses it by quite a margin can you then say that was a genuine miss because imo it raises massive questions.

I remember Best getting himself sent off at Watford Away last season for something ridiculous but too be honest I don't think there's anything suspicious there. Just Best being himself, a d***head.

And the fact he probably fancied starting his summer hols earlier.

Not understanding the logic above about JR at all. He knew someone and missed some chances therefores he's up to mischief? Ok then, if you say so.

As to our club being associated with this latest scandal, through one of the many classless low life's recently recruited over this desperate period in our history, then I must say I'm hardly suprised. Once I would have known none of ours were involved, now I would probably have offered our name openly as an immediate contender if asked.

Not suprised it's reached the media where football is concerned as other sports I've followed have been tainted for years. This must be just the start and it will be interesting to follow new developments.

In some ways, I'm starting to look for and value respect, honesty and decency at the Rovers more than the results. So many classless shitesters in such a short space of time.

If anyone they need to look at our JR

I keep being told he 'scores when he wants' so are we to believe he often chooses not to score

Better than -

GETS_zpse78f5cab.jpg

Disclaimer - the above does not relate to any player living or dead but in relation to the quoted post regarding the popular chant he scores when he wants, stating how that is better than celebrating getting a yellow card instead.

`IF` DJ is guilty, can we sue him and claim back the wages we've paid him over the past year?

This works out well for rovers as it will save us over £1m in wages or a pay off fee at the end of the season.

He`ll have spent it at the track.

Archived