BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] DJ Campbell arrested on match fixing allegations

JMillZz

Just heard a couple of interviews on 5Live earlier, representative of all the bookies and Barnes from PFA both more or less

dismissing it as ' no big deal ' unbelievable !!!

I really hope someone spills everything in court, but can't see it.

Some chance. Too many people worried about nails being hammered into their kneecaps.

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Both Scudamore and the sports minister stated that illegal betting syndicates abroad are untouchable as in many of these countries it's either illegal to bet or impossible to step in as it's way beyond the UK powers .

They were both of the opinion that it's just one of those things and something they would not address head on .

Not the answer many are looking for or indeed would expect , but in a world where a brown envelope makes those carpets large for sweeping stuff under , it's hardly surprising !!!!

not really an answer, more your word! which is no more or less valid than many of the other thoughts and opinions floating about.

Id imagine the proceedings for something like that would drag on forever and it will be a long while until we even find out if he guilty or not(I think his contract will have expired before all that concludes)

For the sun to have it as front page news they must have pretty hard evidence on this especially after the recent media scandals. They wouldn't have run with it unless they were 100% sure. The evidence they have could be so conclusive that DJ can't even deny it. His people haven't exactly been quick in denying it...

Tom it is that way all I am saying is he missed far too many easy chances for it not to be looked at if it happened once or twice ok but he was missing chances every other week I am not accusing him or wish to portray he should be hung drawn or quartered all I am saying is it happened or a regular basis and it should be looked into he could very well be innocent and I will be the first person to put my hands up and said I got it wrong but the number of times he missed easy chances needs to be looked at.

Gordon you don't know that it affects the final outcome of the game and as he was not exactly the best paid player and even the one from 2 yards out vs Bolton headed it over if it happened just once or twice its understandable but every other week is suspicious at best.

Bloody Hell! You've just reminded me of the atrocious double bubble penalty flob against Bolton!!

For the sun to have it as front page news they must have pretty hard evidence on this especially after the recent media scandals. They wouldn't have run with it unless they were 100% sure. The evidence they have could be so conclusive that DJ can't even deny it. His people haven't exactly been quick in denying it...

This is the Sun we're talking about! Papers run with many things, not always 100% accurate! we need to wait and see what they have.....was a shocker of a tackle at Ipswich though!

Tom it is that way all I am saying is he missed far too many easy chances for it not to be looked at if it happened once or twice ok but he was missing chances every other week I am not accusing him or wish to portray he should be hung drawn or quartered all I am saying is it happened or a regular basis and it should be looked into he could very well be innocent and I will be the first person to put my hands up and said I got it wrong but the number of times he missed easy chances needs to be looked at.

Are you for real Brfcrule1? "He could very well be innocent"!! Dear god.

If there was any evidence then fair enough. But this logic is akin to drowning suspected witches.

Just give it up. Roberts was bobbins in front of goal but that's as far as it goes.

• Backroom

You may just want to check how you say things then Savio because what you have essentially written is:

'I'm not accusing him but *insert accusation*'

Nobody wants to end up in hot water from a poor choice of words (I hope that's what it is)

Some chance. Too many people worried about nails being hammered into their kneecaps.

Exactly just like the 2 Chinese students murdered on Tyneside in 2008, I mentioned earlier today.

Anyway fully expected the Footballing authorities to close ranks, and they are, bet they had an urgent meeting

to make sure they're all singing from the same hymn sheet.

sorry P2B&W I do agree he came across as a nice chap.

Alright PV I will just give it up.

You may just want to check how you say things then Savio because what you have essentially written is:

'I'm not accusing him but *insert accusation*'

Nobody wants to end up in hot water from a poor choice of words (I hope that's what it is)

Sorry Tom you are right it was just a poor choice of words.

But what would the bet be on, missing chances? If the allegation is that he was an awful finisher then he is guilty. Anything else really is nonsense.

I agree but anybody standing behind the goal at The Stadium of Light must still wonder how the hell he missed!

More likely to be "Same old Blackburn always cheating".

The club is likely to get the fallout from this long after Campbell has departed.

I would think there could be other clubs labled the same as he has only appeared 9 times for us (played in none)

Archived