BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] DJ Campbell arrested on match fixing allegations

JMillZz

I wonder if DJ features on the Official Rovers 2014 calendar?

He may well be on the Official Scrubs calendar for 2015.

Well there are plenty of cheats and charletons on the 2013 one. I'm sat here looking at December for example which features the gruesome twosome Dick and Dan..

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We will see Revidge.

By the way would you happily play alongside DJ in a Rovers shirt on Saturday?

As for suing the player, I think we can be certain that none of the alleged bribes were for playing better, making himself available for the team more often, helping Rovers win etc. You know the sorts of things he is paid £20K a week to do for the club.

I don't know what you do for a living rb but if I took, say, £30k from a third party to deliberately mess up my work for my employers making it more difficult for them to achieve their objectives, I would be thinking about the risk of my employers coming after me for civil damages and recovery of moneys paid to me.

Have they come after Derek Shaw who they said had gone rogue? I think we all know the answer to that one.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/dec/10/mick-mills-denies-stoke-sexual-assault-claims-george-blackstock

i hope this isn't true, but we don't half employ them if it is. No fox hole jokes please.

If true, and he kept repeating it , it was only a matter of time before somebody turned the tables and pointed the finger at him.

Might be the sort of goalkeeper training Kean needs to improve his jumping.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/dec/10/mick-mills-denies-stoke-sexual-assault-claims-george-blackstock

i hope this isn't true, but we don't half employ them if it is. No fox hole jokes please.

Alleged and still in court. However if Mr Fox (now of Rovers) is found to have put his fingers up the bottoms of trainees there is a reasonable chance he may have fingered a few of our Rovers boys. Maybe it explains JR's funny running action.

We will see Revidge.

By the way would you happily play alongside DJ in a Rovers shirt on Saturday?

As for suing the player, I think we can be certain that none of the alleged bribes were for playing better, making himself available for the team more often, helping Rovers win etc. You know the sorts of things he is paid £20K a week to do for the club.

I don't know what you do for a living rb but if I took, say, £30k from a third party to deliberately mess up my work for my employers making it more difficult for them to achieve their objectives, I would be thinking about the risk of my employers coming after me for civil damages and recovery of moneys paid to me.

In answer to your first point, probably not. But I might quickly change my mind if he rattled in a first half hat trick etc. And we don't know

if he has sat down in front of the rest of the squad and assured them he is innocent etc.

As regards your final point if I was paid to do something that wrecked my employers' business the damages I would be expected to pay would be broadly limited to the actual cost to the employer plus maybe some sort of compensatory element on top. If prior to that I'd put in 20 years exemplary service I wouldn't be expected to pay 20 years salary back.

Similarly, assuming hypothetically for a second DJ is guilty of the offence at Ipswich but it was a one off isolated incident, that has no bearing on his employment up to that point so we couldn't go claiming salary paid to him before that. Unless it was specifically covered in his contract which is highly unlikely.

Have they come after Derek Shaw who they said had gone rogue? I think we all know the answer to that one.

That story about Shaw going rogue was surely only a cock and bull story concocted with the blessing of all concerned in a vain attempt ro avoid or delay paying Berg for some reason. Can't believe the new Solicitors actually ran with it. There's no other possible explanation.

In answer to your first point, probably not. But I might quickly change my mind if he rattled in a first half hat trick etc. And we don't know

if he has sat down in front of the rest of the squad and assured them he is innocent etc.

As regards your final point if I was paid to do something that wrecked my employers' business the damages I would be expected to pay would be broadly limited to the actual cost to the employer plus maybe some sort of compensatory element on top. If prior to that I'd put in 20 years exemplary service I wouldn't be expected to pay 20 years salary back.

Similarly, assuming hypothetically for a second DJ is guilty of the offence at Ipswich but it was a one off isolated incident, that has no bearing on his employment up to that point so we couldn't go claiming salary paid to him before that. Unless it was specifically covered in his contract which is highly unlikely.

It's been reported today he didn't turn up for training so assume he hasn't confronted his team-mates. You would think if innocent he would want to tell everyone asap and yet he can't even be bothered to turn-up to work.

I'm still chuckling at the meeting held amongst the 5 sports today. No nothing to see here it isn't a big problem, our intelligence tells us as much. lol.

1) It's the 3rd incident in a couple of weeks involving English players.

2) it's never happened in Cricket or Horse racing has it?

3) You gathered enough intelligence in 1 day to determine it's stature within the English game?

4) Or did you have prior knowledge and do nothing as you've already admitted you're going too this time?

English Farce Association.

It's been reported today he didn't turn up for training so assume he hasn't confronted his team-mates. You would think if innocent he would want to tell everyone asap and yet he can't even be bothered to turn-up to work.

I'm still chuckling at the meeting held amongst the 5 sports today. No nothing to see here it isn't a big problem, our intelligence tells us as much. lol.

1) It's the 3rd incident in a couple of weeks involving English players.

2) it's never happened in Cricket or Horse racing has it?

3) You gathered enough intelligence in 1 day to determine it's stature within the English game?

4) Or did you have prior knowledge and do nothing as you've already admitted you're going too this time?

English Farce Association.

Typical, usual reaction from the establishment in this country, after all, only ' Johnny Foreigner ' would get involved in anything like that.

' We're British we have integrity ' and the blazer badges to prove it !

Im all for him not playing untill he is proven innocent but what if he does play?? He could actually go all out on a mission and bang in goals after goals due to him having a chip on his shoulder...would fans let be or still be unhappy with him in a rovers shirt...personally i wudnt want him anywer near the team

I found it a bit odd as well Maj that there wasn't an immediate press release from Campbell and his legal team protesting his complete innocence. I would certainly have expected that.

Have any of them done that? Tranmere have two players accused and nothing has been done there either, regards players suspension etc. I thought I had Sodje had admitted it, but could be wrong. Oldhams did and he's been suspended so the tranmere stance is strange.

3rd incident in 2 weeks and it's not a big global issue according to those in charge, wasn't about two months ago another scandal like this was going on in europe. People actually think that 'the people' are so stupid it's unreal.

Typical, usual reaction from the establishment in this country, after all, only ' Johnny Foreigner ' would get involved in anything like that.

' We're British we have integrity ' and the blazer badges to prove it !

They think people are stupid in this country and talk to them as such.

Have any of them done that? Tranmere have two players accused and nothing has been done there either, regards players suspension etc. I thought I had Sodje had admitted it, but could be wrong. Oldhams did and he's been suspended so the tranmere stance is strange.

3rd incident in 2 weeks and it's not a big global issue according to those in charge, wasn't about two months ago another scandal like this was going on in europe. People actually think that 'the people' are so stupid it's unreal.

They think people are stupid in this country and talk to them as such.

Unfortunately not enough people in the media are willing to bring them to book, too much self-interest with that lot.

They don't want to kill the ' Golden Goose '

£££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

Should have been the goose that lays the golden eggs !

Archived