BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] DJ Campbell arrested on match fixing allegations

JMillZz

24 pages, really? The club is still under Venkys control, we are producing failure after failure in results, but people care about some mercenry and his actions in the past for other clubs?

Past? Other clubs? May want to read the story again

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where's the mighty global advisor when you need him, sent in for one job and damn he did it will.. Certain people are still on there knees wiping up after he finished with them!!

still shredding the used betting slips in Malaysia

I wanted to apologise about what I said and implied the other day as I now realise I was speaking like I was accusing players of things just by being associated by certain people and that was wrong.

I wanted to clarify that I don't believe Roberts would ever miss a chance on purpose because of the type of person he was he did not come across like that yes he had his flaws like all of us but I do believe he genuinely worked hard on his game.

I would however like to make about this DJ Campbell case first off we must be very careful as he has not been charged yet so we can't for definite condemn him.

I think as well when the article came out it was sensationalised massively by saying he was arrested the papers are implying he is hung drawn and quartered before the truth has ever come out.

Secondly after he made the challenge the other night he didn't exactly hint or look like someone who had done something wrong if you look back at the footage he is shaking his head to suggest he didn't think in his mind it was that bad a tackle although the yellow card was totally justified.

I also think the people looking into this have a lot to answer for if they have concrete proof of wrong doing why not present it now?.

To wait 1 month before the season ends the authorities will know we would be mullered if we play him and for me why wait until April to decide.

I understand xmas is coming up but with the seriousness of the alleged incidents I would have thought they would have finished their investigations by the middle of February if not before why wait till April?.

The authorities also know we need promotion now our owners have been naeve to offer prem lge season tickets at knock down prices we don't know what the prem Lge clubs will saying about us offering hugely reduced prices.

As we all know the prem lge is the richest lge in the world they might be hacked off with it.

To me this whole thing sounds too convenient for me, them not investigating until April which happens to be near the end of the season and they know with this hanging over us they will be reducing our options up front.

Now I am in now way accusing him of anything and I would hope if it is proved true the club throw the book at him but to delay this until April makes me incredibly suspicious about the timing & the constant delaying of this.

I wanted to apologise about what I said and implied the other day as I now realise I was speaking like I was accusing players of things just by being associated by certain people and that was wrong.

I wanted to clarify that I don't believe Roberts would ever miss a chance on purpose because of the type of person he was he did not come across like that yes he had his flaws like all of us but I do believe he genuinely worked hard on his game.

I would however like to make about this DJ Campbell case first off we must be very careful as he has not been charged yet so we can't for definite condemn him.

I think as well when the article came out it was sensationalised massively by saying he was arrested the papers are implying he is hung drawn and quartered before the truth has ever come out.

Secondly after he made the challenge the other night he didn't exactly hint or look like someone who had done something wrong if you look back at the footage he is shaking his head to suggest he didn't think in his mind it was that bad a tackle although the yellow card was totally justified.

I also think the people looking into this have a lot to answer for if they have concrete proof of wrong doing why not present it now?.

To wait 1 month before the season ends the authorities will know we would be mullered if we play him and for me why wait until April to decide.

I understand xmas is coming up but with the seriousness of the alleged incidents I would have thought they would have finished their investigations by the middle of February if not before why wait till April?.

The authorities also know we need promotion now our owners have been naeve to offer prem lge season tickets at knock down prices we don't know what the prem Lge clubs will saying about us offering hugely reduced prices.

As we all know the prem lge is the richest lge in the world they might be hacked off with it.

To me this whole thing sounds too convenient for me, them not investigating until April which happens to be near the end of the season and they know with this hanging over us they will be reducing our options up front.

Now I am in now way accusing him of anything and I would hope if it is proved true the club throw the book at him but to delay this until April makes me incredibly suspicious about the timing & the constant delaying of this.

just 2 words

Football Association

Now you think that the authorities are purposely trying to harm our chances of promotion by in your opinion delaying the case, and are trying to punish the mistakes that our owners have made?

Again another baseless and bizarre argument, this is a serious legal issue, there is a system in place and a precedent to follow, DJ and the other players (dont forgot it isnt just Rovers in this situation) are entitled to appeal, and that is if they are seen to be guilty, and he is technically able to play in the meantime.

Now you think that the authorities are purposely trying to harm our chances of promotion by in your opinion delaying the case, and are trying to punish the mistakes that our owners have made?

Again another baseless and bizarre argument, this is a serious legal issue, there is a system in place and a precedent to follow, DJ and the other players (dont forgot it isnt just Rovers in this situation) are entitled to appeal, and that is if they are seen to be guilty, and he is technically able to play in the meantime.

1st rule of business at the FA, how do we get the @#/? off our fan

ok maybe implying they are punishing us for what the mistakes our owners is a bit strong however with this serious an allegation the length of time they are taking to investigate this is just plain wrong and I think it is very unfair on the players named at the other clubs because if they are proved not guilty mud like this sticks and for me waiting till april to do this seems rather a long time and if they have evidence they should present it now to wait till april IMO is just unacceptable. & roverfan they will full well know if we do play him as a club we will be battered for it so IMO to leave it till april is just not right.

That is obviously how long it takes for the whole process to be done in detail, and concluding in the correct result. There is nothing stopping us from playing him, as he is innocent until proven guilty. Also I would imagine that April (which hasn't been confirmed as when this all ends, it could end sooner) takes into account a potential appeal which is the right of the player, and something he may not even choose to do.

I'm sure the priority for the various authorities is to get to the correct judgement, not to "punish" certain parties, or to drag the case on as long as possible.

That is obviously how long it takes for the whole process to be done in detail, and concluding in the correct result. There is nothing stopping us from playing him, as he is innocent until proven guilty. Also I would imagine that April (which hasn't been confirmed as when this all ends, it could end sooner) takes into account a potential appeal which is the right of the player, and something he may not even choose to do.

I'm sure the priority for the various authorities is to get to the correct judgement, not to "punish" certain parties, or to drag the case on as long as possible.

Play him and then see how long the authorities take to investigate!!

We can't play him, while this is under investigation. Once he is cleared that is a different matter.

Think there will be a few sweaty palms at the FA, Premier League and Skybet (oh the irony) Football League hoping the NCA don't take their investigation beyond spot betting and dig deeper into things .

Might be wrong but did I read somewhere that the FA can ban the players concerned until the outcome of the investigation? if so why should clubs pay them if they can't play them after being banned be the games ruling body.

That is another point why should the club suffer while the authorities take their time to look into this will we as a club be recompensed while we lose a player for a long time like hell. The point is if they have evidence they should present it now so this matter can be resolved one way or the other & if need be DJ can get his appeal in early to me this is looking more like a fishing expendition.

and the media, cameras from all angles, body language experts analysing every breath, bloody circus

Yeah but i'd like to see a ref dare give him a yellow card. Players would be scared stiff of fouling him!!!

(Honestly i'd like to see the F.A/Authorities bluff called on this one-just force their hand. If they don't want him played pay his wages for us etc or investigate properly and quickly)

April is only the date upon which the parties concerned have been bailed to reattend the Police Station. If at that point anyone is charged with any offences it would be some time after that before any potential Court Case got to trial. Could easily be 12 -18 months.

On the other hand if the authorities suddenly managed to come up with additional or new evidence sufficient to charge then the person (s) concerned would probably be re-arrested immediately, charged and bailed to appear at Court rather than wait until April.

April is only the date upon which the parties concerned have been bailed to reattend the Police Station. If at that point anyone is charged with any offences it would be some time after that before any potential Court Case got to trial. Could easily be 12 -18 months.

On the other hand if the authorities suddenly managed to come up with additional or new evidence sufficient to charge then the person (s) concerned would probably be re-arrested immediately, charged and bailed to appear at Court rather than wait until April.

Oh they will find 'Sweet F.A' (always wondered where that saying came from!!).

Might be wrong but did I read somewhere that the FA can ban the players concerned until the outcome of the investigation? if so why should clubs pay them if they can't play them after being banned be the games ruling body.

I'd imagine it'd be an absolute godsend for us if the FA did ban Campbell, if he was later acquitted after trial, no blame would attach to us and any compensation claim by him would hace to be directed towards the FA.

Plus we'd then have a much stronger case for not paying him in the interim, or if we did a steong claim for claiming the wages paid while he was suspended back off the FA.

For that reason I would be surprised if the FA do ban anyone despite the brave words. How much would it cost to pay back DJ 18 months worth od wages? 1.5m?

They'll leave it as our problem.

I'd imagine it'd be an absolute godsend for us if the FA did ban Campbell, if he was later acquitted after trial, no blame would attach to us and any compensation claim by him would hace to be directed towards the FA.

Plus we'd then have a much stronger case for not paying him in the interim, or if we did a steong claim for claiming the wages paid while he was suspended back off the FA.

For that reason I would be surprised if the FA do ban anyone despite the brave words. How much would it cost to pay back DJ 18 months worth od wages? 1.5m?

They'll leave it as our problem.

Yes you are probably right, but an interesting scenario if it happens.

Archived