BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] DJ Campbell arrested on match fixing allegations

JMillZz

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Strange turn of events after backing him initially that they now sack him. I wonder whats changed

He admitted what he had done on camera (albeit covertly) as did Sam Sodje. Initially they suspended him without pay.

He admitted what he had done on camera (albeit covertly) as did Sam Sodje. Initially they suspended him without pay.

Ah I see, didnt realise that. But again something else must have changed since they suspended him.

Maybe Im doing 2+2 and getting 5, but it just seems a bit odd.

• Backroom

I don't see how the Oldham player could have wriggled out of it tbh, he was on camera admitting everything. I imagine Oldham were just waiting for the thumbs up from their lawyers before getting rid.

Don't know why we are worried about why we have not reacted.. wth do you guys expect with team chicken shelf salesman in charge.

Campbell to be given an extended 6 year contract , negotiations helped by three agents who just turned up to collect their cheques which Shelfy will later deny signing and say he forgot to check someone elses work and protest he's never met any football agents ever in his life.

The Pune Hillbillies will say they are confused and that Shelfy's gone rogue, before giving him a pay rise and presenting him with Balajis jag with the personalised plate FU BRFC1 and then they all go out for afternoon tea

Not one to miss out on a money making opportunity also expect Shelfy's spot betting emporium to spring up where you can bet real time on how much load a shelf will take, when it will collapse, when rust will appear etc.

Campbell to be given an extended 6 year contract , negotiations helped by three agents who just turned up to collect their cheques which Shelfy will later deny signing and say he forgot to check someone elses work and protest he's never met any football agents ever in his life.

The Pune Hillbillies will say they are confused and that Shelfy's gone rogue, before giving him a pay rise and presenting him with Balajis jag with the personalised plate FU BRFC1 and then they all go out for afternoon tea

Not one to miss out on a money making opportunity also expect Shelfy's spot betting emporium to spring up where you can bet real time on how much load a shelf will take, when it will collapse, when rust will appear etc.

And after the ' Tiffin '

Madam Hag @#/? Lofty ; -

' Now you silly little man don't bother us again, for a very long time !

Don't know why we are worried about why we have not reacted.. wth do you guys expect with team chicken shelf salesman in charge.

I very much doubt it's a case "we haven't reacted" if Campbell is denying the offence we're taking the only appropriate course of action. Whether he is officially suspended or deemed to be unavailable for other reasons doesn't matter as long as he isn't selected.

Oldham are risking getting sued up hill and down dale by their player.

Our hands are tied to an extent...he's been bailed but not charged (if I remember correctly), so he's only under suspicion at this stage.

If we suspend him he'll put in a grievance case against us as there's literally nothing legally we can base the reasons for suspension on. If he's been charged it would be a different matter, but as it's not everything he's potentially involved in is all hearsay at this point.

I imagine it all boils down to if the club want to take his side and back the player by allowing him to play in a key run of our games, or leave him out of the squad and waste 80k a month on his wages until April when his bail is up if we think he is guilty of anything. It's a sticky situation, but again as he's not been charged with anything or convicted then for all intents and purposes he's innocent for the time being.

Whether we're already wasting 80k a month on him already is a completely different kettle of fish!

The FA have obviously not stepped up and banned him so we have to pay him.

Maybe the club are trying to force the FA's hand?!

What if we play him, and he is found guilty in April? What will be said when the FA and the club knew he was suspected of being a cheat but let him play and potentially influence more matches?

This is a crazy situation.

Why not just sack him for bringing the good name (no irony intended) of the club into disrepute? If he is guilty we haven't wasted more money on him than we have already, if he's not guilty he can sue for loss of earnings and we pay up his contract, which we'll need to do anyway as he is so bad he is basically not playable. Can't see any flaw in this plan myself.

Why not just sack him for bringing the good name (no irony intended) of the club into disrepute? If he is guilty we haven't wasted more money on him than we have already, if he's not guilty he can sue for loss of earnings and we pay up his contract, which we'll need to do anyway as he is so bad he is basically not playable. Can't see any flaw in this plan myself.

I like the sound of that. But if we sack him, he could argue that it will influence his right to a fair trial in April, because we are effectively saying we think he is guilty.

It is very messy, which is why I think the club were hoping the FA would step in. But the FA are pretty weak these days - if we were in the Premiership then I think the Premier-League would step in to avoid Premiership matches potentially being influenced. Other teams in the Championship will probably be delighted if we play him. Him being rubbish and all.

Speaking purely from a results point of view - do we wonder whether this latest episode could inspire Campbell to show everyone just what he can do. Mentally I wonder whether this will spur him on to think '@#/? to you I'll show you all'.

Alternatively the case could be hanging over him and he could be next to useless.

All you lot saying he's crap etc -he has scored goals at this level so there is a good chance he could do it again. Think I'd risk having him on the bench, just as long as the players still like him / want to play with him, and he is working hard/looking sharp in training.
If we're paying the bugger we may as well have him doing something.

You don't need the evidence required in court to dismiss someone at a disciplinary.

Of course the player could sue for wrongful dismissal, anyone can. He may even be successful, however...

We either continue to pay him a fortune to do bugger all, or

Dismiss him, let him sue if he wants, he will be lucky to get paid the value of his contract if he wins, he may get a little more, but unless we get rid Venkys money has gone and they wont get it back.

Its absolutely clear in my view what the club should do. A no brainer.

If he is absolutely innocent of all charges then I'm sure he will, perhaps rightly, feel aggrieved. But hey. life's a bitch.

Some people don't get paid fortunes for doing bugger all so it could be worse DJC???

I don't remember Matt Le Tissier getting any grief over his admission of being involved in spot fixing. Just a few lolz with the Soccer Saturday "gang".

I wonder how many of his subsequent games were ever analysed by the FA for a charge of bringing the game into disrepute. What the game needs is a boba fide whistleblower with proof that can be taken to the press. No real point in going directly to the FA with anything.

The FA have obviously not stepped up and banned him so we have to pay him.

Maybe the club are trying to force the FA's hand?!

What if we play him, and he is found guilty in April? What will be said when the FA and the club knew he was suspected of being a cheat but let him play and potentially influence more matches?

This is a crazy situation.

If we play him, the games will be infuenced, the opposition will make sure of it

Archived