BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] DJ Campbell arrested on match fixing allegations

JMillZz

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our hands are tied to an extent...he's been bailed but not charged (if I remember correctly), so he's only under suspicion at this stage.

If we suspend him he'll put in a grievance case against us as there's literally nothing legally we can base the reasons for suspension on. If he's been charged it would be a different matter, but as it's not everything he's potentially involved in is all hearsay at this point.

I imagine it all boils down to if the club want to take his side and back the player by allowing him to play in a key run of our games, or leave him out of the squad and waste 80k a month on his wages until April when his bail is up if we think he is guilty of anything. It's a sticky situation, but again as he's not been charged with anything or convicted then for all intents and purposes he's innocent for the time being.

Whether we're already wasting 80k a month on him already is a completely different kettle of fish!

Suspension is a neutral act. It is not an assumption of guilt. It is designed to protect both parties and allow for investigation of potential gross misconduct. If Rovers were to find any instance of gross misconduct they could then hold a disciplinary hearing and they could dismiss him on the balance of probabilities which is a lower standard of proof than a criminal case.

IMO rovers should suspend him for both the good of him and the club in order to take him out of the firing line of the media and fans allowing the club to carry out a proper investigation. It's just the same as a bank employee being accused of credit card fraud you cant say they have done it until all investigations are complete likewise you can't risk them being involved in day to day business.

Speaking purely from a results point of view - do we wonder whether this latest episode could inspire Campbell to show everyone just what he can do. Mentally I wonder whether this will spur him on to think 'keans to you I'll show you all'.

Alternatively the case could be hanging over him and he could be next to useless.

Unfortunately I think he has been showing us what he can do for the last year, i.e. nowt. He's just a past his mediocre best player who has got lucky by getting someone to pay him £25K a week at this stage of his failing career.

I cant imagine rovers fans giving him a warm reception if he does play. If thats the case I then cant see him responding to well to that reception either

Potential train wreck that isnt worth risking as he's shown us nothing to warrant any kind of risk

Unfortunately I think he has been showing us what he can do for the last year, i.e. nowt. He's just a past his mediocre best player who has got lucky by getting someone to pay him £25K a week at this stage of his failing career.

Am I the only one to think he's been a bit unlucky with injuries? He broke his foot last season and then got a bad one in the summer.

Okay I accept, stupidity at Blackpool, although not completely his fault.

I would have him on the bench I think. He is after all taking home 25 grand a week home

Suspension is a neutral act. It is not an assumption of guilt. It is designed to protect both parties and allow for investigation of potential gross misconduct. If Rovers were to find any instance of gross misconduct they could then hold a disciplinary hearing and they could dismiss him on the balance of probabilities which is a lower standard of proof than a criminal case.

IMO rovers should suspend him for both the good of him and the club in order to take him out of the firing line of the media and fans allowing the club to carry out a proper investigation. It's just the same as a bank employee being accused of credit card fraud you cant say they have done it until all investigations are complete likewise you can't risk them being involved in day to day business.

good post.

I hope the reason they won't suspend him, is'nt because he knows too much and they're frightened of what he might bring up if it goes to court.

Opening a can of worms, if it's looking bad for him.

Then again he might be totally innocent and everything has been 'all above board ' whilst he's been here at least.

Some breaking news from Ewood Park apparently the boxing day game V Sheff Weds is in danger of being called off. It is due to a problem with the pitch in particular, we have a very nasty divot on the Blackburn End Penalty. With a bit of luck it will be sorted in time, but we need to find a spot fixer, to sort it out.

If anyone knows one please refer him to the club ASAP.

• 3 months later...

Interesting they are now mentioning money laundering, lets hope the NCA keep digging especially offshore transactions relating to people involved in the beautiful game

I'm with you here Perthy I hope this leads to a much bigger expose of the corruption in the game, which we all suspect (know) exists.

Archived