BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] DJ Campbell arrested on match fixing allegations

JMillZz

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

O.K so April? Presuming/following British Law innocent until found guilty where should we stand on playing him/including him in training etc..

Could there be a legal case against us for example if we discriminate against him based upon the above-and he is later found not guilty?

If we play him and he is later found guilty are we liable?

Is there insurance against this sort of thing??

A few questions i know.

I agree Mike don't play him until the matter is resolved.

I also must say having read the above bbc article it was ok when they just had full time results the minute they introduced all these other markets it was also going to be open to abuse when you have markets like half time score first goalscorer etc etc...this was bound to happen and with making all these markets online when you can have people with Kindles,mobile phones,iphones and the other devices you can use to access the internet I mean when you have phone boxes in public able to access the internet and having so many markets this was an accident waiting to happen. I am just disgusted one of our players has been allegedly linked to this mess we have had enough crap to put up with over 3 years without this rubbish I only hope and pray to god he is innocent but it does not look good esp that the ball had already gone however it could just have been mistimed.

Don't find anything humorous about this matter...fact is, we had a player who was more concerned w/ getting booked than he was with scoring at Ipswich...did it cost us, not sure, but it sure didn't help and could have cost us points, promotion, livellihood as a club... the @#/? should be sent home and never see the light at Brockhall again...no songs about this cretin should ever be sung

Nixon's written about us having to pay DJ until April. Typical doom and gloom about rovers from Nixon.

Can't stand him.

Got a law degree the wee lad now has he, I'd like to see how that one goes on in Court, as far as I know from my law studies, the law of contract would have a differing opinion.

Don't find anything humorous about this matter...fact is, we had a player who was more concerned w/ getting booked than he was with scoring at Ipswich...did it cost us, not sure, but it sure didn't help and could have cost us points, promotion, livellihood as a club... the kean should be sent home and never see the light at Brockhall again...no songs about this cretin should ever be sung

Unless its along the lines of "your a disgrace, youre a disgraaaaaaaaaaace, your a disgrace, get out of our club"

I see thenodrog managed to bring race into this. How's the sewer?

Bloody hell! I thought you'd buggered off Macca. Or maybe 'thought' should read 'hoped'. Could I point out that I framed a question BUT I also had a pop at an odious little ginner too which you have predictably overlooked.

.... Oh and imo any bad smell coincided with your re-emergence.

Presumably if we suspend him the money will be recoverable should he be found guilty?

Some of the legal eagles on here will give a clearer indication than me on this, but I would expect that unless he is charged Rovers would be on dangerous ground suspending him, innocent 'til proven guilty and all that PC malarkey. Personally I would never trust a man with gold teeth and neck tattoos and would throw the key away on the grounds of chavviness, but that is probably a major reason why I should never be employed in the legal profession.

PS

The Government has woken up:

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/football-minister-calls-meeting-arrests-002647830--sow.html

Both Scudamore and the sports minister stated that illegal betting syndicates abroad are untouchable as in many of these countries it's either illegal to bet or impossible to step in as it's way beyond the UK powers .

They were both of the opinion that it's just one of those things and something they would not address head on .

Not the answer many are looking for or indeed would expect , but in a world where a brown envelope makes those carpets large for sweeping stuff under , it's hardly surprising !!!!

They were both very aware of what was happening.

In all fairness to the Sports Minister he was extremely active with regards to fixing and the Olympics.

My reading is:

1) Scudamore runs an owners' club. He made clear that the Owners themselves protect each other when he tries to clean them up. The result is that the short term looking after particular interests has been at the price of the reputation of English football being clean which is about to go down the toilet and with it ever bigger TV deals

2) whatever went on at Rovers was inconvenient especially as we relegated ourselves out of the Prem. Government was only going to act when a bigger story broke and this one is certainly about to get much bigger because the immediate focus of the story is going to switch away from Ewood

With regards to DJ Campbell, if he is not immediately suspended without pay there is something horribly wrong at Ewood.

Under Employment Law he is completely incapable of rendering the service he is employed to provide. He simply cannot be picked to play.

You really do have to feel for Bowyer in all this . He didnt want to sign him but couldnt legally wriggle out of it. He has worked extremely hard to build a side who could be deemed as honest and hard working if not slick. And now this bombshell lands on his doorstep. Philip is right, the club need to distance themselves from Campbell. Innocent or not, his reputation is severely tarnished and his every move would be rightly scrutinised.

This really is a major blow to our season. I have never expected much more than mid table. But this has the potential to scupper even that. And if that wasn't bad enough, we have a very probable administration next season. Really tough time to be a Rover right now.

You really do have to feel for Bowyer in all this . He didnt want to sign him but couldnt legally wriggle out of it. He has worked extremely hard to build a side who could be deemed as honest and hard working if not slick. And now this bombshell lands on his doorstep. Philip is right, the club need to distance themselves from Campbell. Innocent or not, his reputation is severely tarnished and his every move would be rightly scrutinised.

This really is a major blow to our season. I have never expected much more than mid table. But this has the potential to scupper even that. And if that wasn't bad enough, we have a very probable administration next season. Really tough time to be a Rover right now.

I with Bowyer points totally. he has built a side that works hard and is committed. plus Dj wasnt a Bowyer signing but signed by a previous manager Appleton.

Dj must be suspend from Rovers until police have cleared his name from investiages. will he play again for Rovers. very much doubt.

can Rovers suspend Dj without pay or do we have to pay him whlist Rovers suspend him???

I wonder if people on here should actual think about their witch hunt - what happened about innocent until proven guilty ? Imagine if it was Rhodes that had been accused - doubt many would be saying he shouldn't play, or even been suspended, never mind his contract cancelled. He would get full backing - innocent until proven guilty etc etc. Don't get me wrong if Campbell is guilty Rovers should sue the pants off him - but until they have conclusive proof surely they should provide him with some support ? The squad has to feel like a family - and they should feel that the club is there for them.

• Backroom

Imagine if it was Rhodes that had been accused - doubt many would be saying he shouldn't play, or even been suspended, never mind his contract cancelled. He would get full backing - innocent until proven guilty etc etc.

Are you kidding? The anti-Rhodes crew on here would be setting up a campaign to have him put in the town stocks and pelted with fruit.

Archived