BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] DJ Campbell arrested on match fixing allegations

JMillZz

Hopefully this bs will galvanise the squad(because if not, I think it will have the extreme opposite effect and destroy what little team morale there is) we have a lot of very winnable games this month if we can take full points from them we will surly be in or very very close to the play off spots.

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But what would the bet be on, missing chances? If the allegation is that he was an awful finisher then he is guilty. Anything else really is nonsense.

What if the bet was on the correct score at full time?.

A lot of those misses were easier to score than miss, he wasn't good enough to have missed on purpose :brfcsmilie:

How do you know that there are loads of bets on correct final score or teams to win or draw and another big point that needs to be made you could understand it if it happened just the once or twice but the facts are he missed open goals & shots from 2 yards out on a regular basis every other week we were discussing Roberts missing a chance we would put away in our sleep and if this was linked to final scores or half time scores it would make sense I am in no way accusing him of anything but the amount of times he missed an open goal or a chance from 2 yards out happened far too much for my liking and if it was linked to the final or half time scores there would definitely be a case to answer.

Hopefully this bs will galvanise the squad(because if not, I think it will have the extreme opposite effect and destroy what little team morale there is) we have a lot of very winnable games this month if we can take full points from them we will surly be in or very very close to the play off spots.

They'll all be too afraid to get booked, now.

Two facts:

British bookmakers are small beer compared with the big stuff in the Far East. They are also tightly regulated. Almost none of the alleged illegal betting associated with match fixing is going on through British bookmakers.

The betting market on the Premier League in Hong Kong alone is worth more than all the income in the Premier League and the Champions League combined.

Three random observations:

The NCA investigation comes after the arrests in Singapore.

A bent owner could certainly make well over £100m over three years from working the illegal betting markets.

India is apparently the largest illegal betting market in the world.

Yet another sign of the times when most are actually hoping these allegations to be true for financial reasons or whatever. A few years back and we'd of probably supported the player whoever it was. Innocent until proven guilty and all that.

There is no way Campbell will ever play for us again. The players won't trust him, the fans would give him hell, forget about him. The real hypocrites in all this are the clubs who choose to be sponsored by betting companies, the TV companies who allow spot betting adverts and actors who make a shed load fronting those adverts.

Two facts:

British bookmakers are small beer compared with the big stuff in the Far East. They are also tightly regulated. Almost none of the alleged illegal betting associated with match fixing is going on through British bookmakers.

The betting market on the Premier League in Hong Kong alone is worth more than all the income in the Premier League and the Champions League combined.

Three random observations:

The NCA investigation comes after the arrests in Singapore.

A bent owner could certainly make well over £100m over three years from working the illegal betting markets.

India is apparently the largest illegal betting market in the world.

Yawn, as usual Philip chucks in a hand grenade and retreats to a safe distance without producing the slightest scrap of evidence that any of the 3 random statements above have any particular relevance to ourselves.

Yawn, as usual Philip chucks in a hand grenade and retreats to a safe distance without producing the slightest scrap of evidence that any of the 3 random statements above have any particular relevance to ourselves as yet,

you missed a bit on the end

There is no way Campbell will ever play for us again. The players won't trust him, the fans would give him hell, forget about him. The real hypocrites in all this are the clubs who choose to be sponsored by betting companies, the TV companies who allow spot betting adverts and actors who make a shed load fronting those adverts.

Good points, if Campbell did play for us again, and did a genuine miss, how could anyone be sure he'd not missed deliberately? You would also hope he'd be shunned completely by the rest of the players as opposed to them thinking it was a bit of a hoot earning extra money for something which didn't directly affect the outcome.

Yoda - he's talking about Jason Roberts who hasn't been arrested or accused but Savio says he has a case to answer because he played with Sodje and missed an open net at Sunderland on Boxing Day

That is an abiding memory that I will take to my grave. Obviously not done on purpose cos with a completely open goal at his mercy and with enough time to light a cigar he put it narrowly wide of the post.... and the Jason Roberts I know could never ever EVER have displayed such accuracy!

Both Scudamore and the sports minister stated that illegal betting syndicates abroad are untouchable as in many of these countries it's either illegal to bet or impossible to step in as it's way beyond the UK powers .

They were both of the opinion that it's just one of those things and something they would not address head on .

Not the answer many are looking for or indeed would expect , but in a world where a brown envelope makes those carpets large for sweeping stuff under , it's hardly surprising !!!!

Good points, if Campbell did play for us again, and did a genuine miss, how could anyone be sure he'd not missed deliberately? You would also hope he'd be shunned completely by the rest of the players as opposed to them thinking it was a bit of a hoot earning extra money for something which didn't directly affect the outcome.

Rev and this is the point I'm making about Jason Roberts how do we know he didn't miss all those chances across many seasons to directly affect the outcome & how do we know he did not receive backhanders? I am in no way accusing J.Roberts but for me he missed too many open goals and easy chances for it to be a coincidence once or twice I can understand but the amount he missed was just too much to ignore & as well he would not have been earning as much as some of our other players at the time.

Have to say if Roberts is exactly the kind of striker option we have been missing since relegation and he played a massive part in getting reading promoted after leaving us

(he was awful for us in his final years with us in the prem though)

NEVER EVER

That is an abiding memory that I will take to my grave. Obviously not done on purpose cos with a completely open goal at his mercy and with enough time to light a cigar he put it narrowly wide of the post.... and the Jason Roberts I know could never ever EVER have displayed such accuracy!

Gordon you don't know that it affects the final outcome of the game and as he was not exactly the best paid player and even the one from 2 yards out vs Bolton headed it over if it happened just once or twice its understandable but every other week is suspicious at best.

I am in no way accusing J.Roberts..............

........but for me he missed too many open goals and easy chances for it to be a coincidence once or twice I can understand but the amount he missed was just too much to ignore & as well he would not have been earning as much as some of our other players at the time.

So are you accusing him or not?

I think you might be well advised to drop this one mate. Roberts had his limitations but I don't think I would ever accuse him of deliberately missing chances for personal gain.

• Backroom

Rev and this is the point I'm making about Jason Roberts how do we know he didn't miss all those chances across many seasons to directly affect the outcome & how do we know he did not receive backhanders? I am in no way accusing J.Roberts but for me he missed too many open goals and easy chances for it to be a coincidence once or twice I can understand but the amount he missed was just too much to ignore & as well he would not have been earning as much as some of our other players at the time.

That is exactly what you are doing Savio 100%

Every single thing in that post reads like an accusation with a disclaimer thrown in

Be very careful

Both Scudamore and the sports minister stated that illegal betting syndicates abroad are untouchable as in many of these countries it's either illegal to bet or impossible to step in as it's way beyond the UK powers .

They were both of the opinion that it's just one of those things and something they would not address head on .

Not the answer many are looking for or indeed would expect , but in a world where a brown envelope makes those carpets large for sweeping stuff under , it's hardly surprising !!!!

Just heard a couple of interviews on 5Live earlier, representative of all the bookies and Barnes from PFA both more or less

dismissing it as ' no big deal ' unbelievable !!!

I really hope someone spills everything in court, but can't see it.

The question is......how many more players/managers/agents etc are involved in this racket and how high up the food chain does it go?

Is it only a few rogue players or is it happening on a regular basis throughout the game?

As long as the FA, Football League and the Premier League are kept to one side and don't take over the "investigation" we might find out, otherwise the answer will be none.

Hopefully with the digging that will be done , can see a few more stories appearing about things that apparently don't happen in the English game.

Archived