BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] DJ Campbell arrested on match fixing allegations

JMillZz

Does anybody know whether he can be suspended without pay? In the brief law training I have had, a big factor was 'what a reasonable person could expect' - as there is no way we can be expected to play DJ, can we be expected to pay him?

All in all my Rovers experience would be so much better if DJ, Best and Etuhu just went.

What about the Raos

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anybody know whether he can be suspended without pay? In the brief law training I have had, a big factor was 'what a reasonable person could expect' - as there is no way we can be expected to play DJ, can we be expected to pay him?

All in all my Rovers experience would be so much better if DJ, Best and Etuhu just went.

It doesn't feel like it to the person concerned, but suspension is supposed to be a neutral act with no assumption of guilt...to protect interests of subject and his employer. That is why it is with pay.

I would think the criminal standard of conviction is higher than the civil (contract) standard for responsibility. So perhaps we don't have to wait for a conviction?

If there is evidence linking DJ to the improper betting, I suspect Rovers could terminate as no employer wants an employee with that hanging over his head. It would possibly cause the whole club to fall into disrepute.

If he's convicted can we sue to recover the transfer fee and paid wages?

Just seen on Sky Sports News that "Tranmere's Goodison" is still in custody so by process of elimination DJ must be one of the ones released on police bail.

According to the Sky reporter the FA have said the tackle by DJ that led to his yellow card against Ipswich is "likely" to form part of an investigation by the FA into spot fixing.

It showed the tackle. First time I've seen it. Without wishing to apportion guilt it does look like a completely pointless lunge in a nothing area of the pitch after the Ipswich player has already played the ball away.

That said don't see how something so recent could attract any real suspicion unless someone had tipped off the authorities in advance that DJ would pick up a booking in the xth minute etc and bingo, it happened.

Just seen on Sky Sports News that "Tranmere's Goodison" is still in custody so by process of elimination DJ must be one of the ones released on police bail.

According to the Sky reporter the FA have said the tackle by DJ that led to his yellow card against Ipswich is "likely" to form part of an investigation by the FA into spot fixing.

It showed the tackle. First time I've seen it. Without wishing to apportion guilt it does look like a completely pointless lunge in a nothing area of the pitch after the Ipswich player has already played the ball away.

That said don't see how something so recent could attract any real suspicion unless someone had tipped off the authorities in advance that DJ would pick up a booking in the xth minute etc and bingo, it happened.

This is only a guess, but I would imagine that the authorities are monitoring a number of bookmaker sites, noticed an unusually large amount of money being placed on DJ picking up a first-half booking, saw the tackle, and thought "aye, aye".

This is only a guess, but I would imagine that the authorities are monitoring a number of bookmaker sites, noticed an unusually large amount of money being placed on DJ picking up a first-half booking, saw the tackle, and thought "aye, aye".

There is also the possibility that the other miscreants informed to save their own hides, if he's guilty he hasn't organised this himself.

It doesn't feel like it to the person concerned, but suspension is supposed to be a neutral act with no assumption of guilt...to protect interests of subject and his employer. That is why it is with pay.

'Oldham boss Lee Johnson confirmed Montano was being questioned and had been suspended without pay.' - A decent precedent for us doing the same.

'Oldham boss Lee Johnson confirmed Montano was being questioned and had been suspended without pay.' - A decent precedent for us doing the same.

Cue Shelfy announcing an extended contract and additional payments to all the parties involved in the on off on TBC transfer initially.

Sack him (if guilty). Waste of space anyway. Any in football involved in match fixing is an absolute disgrace and should be banned from the game.

they almost certainly will..... there is previously a precedent from the 1960's I think, players caught fixing games banned for life by the football league. I cant remember exactly, but think they were either Leeds or Sheff Weds? named Peacock or something like that.

Vague I know, but pretty sure the League will jump on this as much to save their own skins as anything else.

........edit - Peter Swan (knew it was name of a big bird).

banned and jailed, http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/exclusive-interview-former-banned-england-1586374

they almost certainly will..... there is previously a precedent from the 1960's I think, players caught fixing games banned for life by the football league. I cant remember exactly, but think they were either Leeds or Sheff Weds? named Peacock or something like that.

Vague I know, but pretty sure the League will jump on this as much to save their own skins as anything else.

Wonder who Dudley boy's agent might be..............

Otis Roberts, JR's uncle is his agent although he maybe reconsidering that at the moment

........edit - Peter Swan (knew it was name of a big bird).

banned and jailed, http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/exclusive-interview-former-banned-england-1586374

Peter Swan and Tony Kay. England players. Huge scandal at the time.

Gets him out the side and the potential to sack his sorry ass and get his ludicrous wages off the books.

I'd say this has the potential to be a great Christmas present for rovers.

Hopefully his winnings paid for Leon Bests ps4 and the police take that away as evidence

Currently a Simon Barker on re: the match fixing. PFA Assistant Chief Executive.

Is it our Simon Barker, legendary 80's midfielder? Looks like an older version of him.

Certainly is http://www.thepfa.com/playermanagement/staff/StaffPopup?guid=589a8a62-b7ef-4f23-89c7-f09df74e7695

Hope they throw the book at him if it's true. Could be a blessing in disguise.

Archived