BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] DJ Campbell arrested on match fixing allegations

JMillZz

Simple example :

10 member syndicate (money) - 30 people employed by syndicate to bet - One employee of the syndicate makes the same bet with 10 different bookies (easy via phone / web) say at $500 a bet - so 10 bets of $500 = $5000 x 29 other syndicate employees doing the same = $150,000 bet on say a player receiving a yellow card via 300 legal and illegal bookies all over the world. Odds say of 5/1 - $750,000 return plus initial stake. Bookies loss Off set by millions of normal punters bets going down. Plus it would not be unusual for one bookie to pay out $2500+stake

So out of the 750k profit take out a very small percentage for payment to people employed to put the bet on , fee for the fixer and the player who has been nobled, you are still looking at maybe 650k profit.

Although legal bookies are often taken to the cleaners by syndicates they do operate blocks (I know here on one particular legit Gambling site they do not allow in game betting on football matches) , the illegal bookies (often funded by underworld activities) do not have the checks and balances in place or time to decide if it's an iffy bet and considering everything in football is bet on in some places there's a chance its just some idiot taking a punt, plus there's always the chance the bet will not come off.

A case of bigger risks bigger rewards

Or as bookie, you offer a generous 3/1 he wouldnt get booked in first half (knowing he will) and suck a load of cash from mugs and win that way round as well.

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If this gave us an excuse to terminate Campbell's contract immediately for gross misconduct I think it's excellent news myself.

The downside would be if he denied it, went to trial and was then found guilty. The whole thing would drag on for months and months and presumably he'd have to be suspended on full pay so even less use to us than he has been so far.

Of course if he hasn't done anything wrong fair play. Still think he's useless on the pitch though.

I don't think his contract could be terminated. Firstly he has only been arrested for questioning. But if he is charged, stands trial and found guilty - only then.

The implications of this news today, is huge. If DJ is found guilty - will anybody believe that only one professional player is involved in such things. Every throw in, yellow or red card etc will be questioned. The game in this country would be stained - very hard to wash that away.

Simple example :

10 member syndicate (money) - 30 people employed by syndicate to bet - One employee of the syndicate makes the same bet with 10 different bookies (easy via phone / web) say at $500 a bet - so 10 bets of $500 = $5000 x 29 other syndicate employees doing the same = $150,000 bet on say a player receiving a yellow card via 300 legal and illegal bookies all over the world. Odds say of 5/1 - $750,000 return plus initial stake. Bookies loss Off set by millions of normal punters bets going down. Plus it would not be unusual for one bookie to pay out $2500+stake

So out of the 750k profit take out a very small percentage for payment to people employed to put the bet on , fee for the fixer and the player who has been nobled, you are still looking at maybe 650k profit.

That's actually pretty awesome. I'd happily do that myself, if I knew a few dodgy people and some greedy footballers.

Simple example :

Although legal bookies are often taken to the cleaners by syndicates they do operate blocks (I know here on one particular legit Gambling site they do not allow in game betting on football matches) , the illegal bookies (often funded by underworld activities) do not have the checks and balances in place or time to decide if it's an iffy bet and considering everything in football is bet on in some places there's a chance its just some idiot taking a punt, plus there's always the chance the bet will not come off.

A case of bigger risks bigger rewards

I'm not sure whether you are quoting an actual real life example or a hypothetical one but before you get too carried away I'm not aware that you can bet on the identity of the first player to get a yellow/red card with the legitimate high street bookies in this Country, it's just too open to obvious abuse. You can bet on the TOTAL number of reds and or yellows in a game I think.

If you can place bets on that with dodgy bookies abroad then more fool them for accepting the bets. You also used to be able to bet in this Country on ridiculous things like time/winners of the first throw when the Premiership first started and that's now been stopped as I think it's now accepted that some players were making themselves some extra money by wellying the ball out of play straight from kick off. Of course it's a bit of a stretch to call that "match fixing" as it doesn't have the slightest bearing on the result.

I don't think his contract could be terminated. Firstly he has only been arrested for questioning. But if he is charged, stands trial and found guilty - only then.

The implications of this news today, is huge. If DJ is found guilty - will anybody believe that only one professional player is involved in such things. Every throw in, yellow or red card etc will be questioned. The game in this country would be stained - very hard to wash that away.

Unless he admits any misdemeanour straight away he is innocent until proven guilty and we'll have to carry on paying him. However if proceedings are still ongoing against him, it's difficult to see how we could do anything other than suspend him. If any wrongdoing were proved we could then presumably sue him for recovery of wages from the date of the offence.

Of course this might all prove to be all very unfair and completely unfounded. He certainly seems to be being crucified by Sky News this morning on a nudge nudge no smoke without fire basis.

Innocent or guilty, He's still crap imo.

Well one club has already dismissed two players after being charged. Interesting it's the same club we sent Edinho Jr on loan to.

http://www.whitehawkfc.co.uk.php53-12.dfw1-2.websitetestlink.com/home/home-2/news/press-release/

The fact the club has taken action against them shows it was the individuals and hopefully has no Bering on the edinho transfer just coincidence.

I'm not sure whether you are quoting an actual real life example or a hypothetical one but before you get too carried away I'm not aware that you can bet on the identity of the first player to get a yellow/red card with the legitimate high street bookies in this Country, it's just too open to obvious abuse. You can bet on the TOTAL number of reds and or yellows in a game I think.

If you can place bets on that with dodgy bookies abroad then more fool them for accepting the bets. You also used to be able to bet in this Country on ridiculous things like time/winners of the first throw when the Premiership first started and that's now been stopped as I think it's now accepted that some players were making themselves some extra money by wellying the ball out of play straight from kick off. Of course it's a bit of a stretch to call that "match fixing" as it doesn't have the slightest bearing on the result.

A lot of bookies in this country have first booking odds or booked anytime. Bet Victor certainly offer these markets.

• Moderation Lead

Yaaaaaaaawwwwwwwn

I have my serial stalkers who like a kicked bollock sing out in pain when I post .

Nah, just why say you're not going to post any more, when you then come back? Takes the credence away from anything you then say. I've said before, if you'd rather talk to me in person than be a keyboard warrior- pm me....

Im no criminal law expert, but wouldnt he be 'Helping them with their enquiries' rather than arrested if they didnt have some damming proof. I'd say he's keaned at this point

"Helping Police with their enquiries" was always a rather humerous pseudonym for someone being strongly suspected of an offence and interviewed whether or not they were subsequently charged.

People are questioned under arrest and subsequently released without charge all the time. It's no definitive indication of guilt

Nah, just why say you're not going to post any more, when you then come back? Takes the credence away from anything you then say. I've said before, if you'd rather talk to me in person than be a keyboard warrior- pm me....

Keyboard warrior haha you don't know me then .

As for pm you I'd rather pm fat venky .

• Moderation Lead

Keyboard warrior haha you don't know me then .

As for pm you I'd rather pm fat venky .

I suppose you've missed caps lock lately, but a leopard never changes its spots....

"Helping Police with their enquiries" was always a rather humerous pseudonym for someone being strongly suspected of an offence and interviewed whether or not they were subsequently charged.

People are questioned under arrest and subsequently released without charge all the time. It's no definitive indication of guilt

Well its official then, Im upgrading my status to Definatley not a criminal law expert :)

Are this lot all black? If so it'll never get to court, it'd be quite obviously institutionalised racism and the Kick it Out campaigners would be down on the police like a ton of bricks.

Whatever they are none of the ones I have seen so far are rocket scientists..Sodje, Campbell and Montano don't seem to be the brightest of young things and you have to suspect that there is somebody behind all this with a few more brain cells than these geniuses. Let us hope that some of the shady creeps from our past are involved and are about to get some retribution. The thought of those scum doing time has just brightened up my day.

Let's hope he is charged quickly, which would allow Rovers to do likewise.

Not unless he admits any offences. Being charged is no definitive indicator of guilt either. Can only assume in that Whitehawk's case the players admitted the offences.

Makes you wonder about some of the strange reffing decisions over the years doesn't it - surely the most obvious targets for this kind of thing?

Exhibit A Gerald Ashby Man Utd v Blackburn Rovers 1993/4.

Not in the slightest because that would require the willing participation andinvolvment of all the players.

Nonsense. 2 players "off the pace" and,say, a manager who never picks the same side two games running, is at war with half the squad and makes incomprehensible substitutions at halftime and you'd not need any more "on side" at all. No way would you need all eleven.

All hypothetical of course.

Archived