BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] DJ Campbell arrested on match fixing allegations

JMillZz

`IF` DJ is guilty, can we sue him and claim back the wages we've paid him over the past year?

This works out well for rovers as it will save us over £1m in wages or a pay off fee at the end of the season.

If I was Rovers now I would be saying he can keep the past wages if he agrees to tear up his contract now. Get him out quick and off the wage bill.

Wishful thinking maybe

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Roversfan99 that is your opinion but some of his misses defied belief and I believe some of his clear cut chances were harder to miss it might find out in the end he was that crap a striker but it raises questions when it is an open goal whatever level you are at most league and no league strikers would have put most of his chances away if you think I am talking rubbish I ask you to watch the sunderland game around new years day where the goal is empty and he misses it by quite a margin can you then say that was a genuine miss because imo it raises massive questions.

But what would the bet be on, missing chances? If the allegation is that he was an awful finisher then he is guilty. Anything else really is nonsense.

`IF` DJ is guilty, can we sue him and claim back the wages we've paid him over the past year?

This works out well for rovers as it will save us over £1m in wages or a pay off fee at the end of the season.

Id imagine the proceedings for something like that would drag on forever and it will be a long while until we even find out if he guilty or not(I think his contract will have expired before all that concludes)

Not understanding the logic above about JR at all. He knew someone and missed some chances therefores he's up to mischief? Ok then, if you say so.

As to our club being associated with this latest scandal, through one of the many classless low life's recently recruited over this desperate period in our history, then I must say I'm hardly suprised. Once I would have known none of ours were involved, now I would probably have offered our name openly as an immediate contender if asked.

Not suprised it's reached the media where football is concerned as other sports I've followed have been tainted for years. This must be just the start and it will be interesting to follow new developments.

In some ways, I'm starting to look for and value respect, honesty and decency at the Rovers more than the results. So many classless shitesters in such a short space of time.

Many of us feel like that. 3 years of classless low life at all levels of the club

If we listed all the names on a plaque of dishonour, there would be enough for an inverted war memorial!. .Instead of lance corporal, group captain etc, these names could have their own epithets... "life long Rovers fan", scrotal advisor,, "secret" agent, not so brave heart. Damn them all!

I remember Best getting himself sent off at Watford Away last season for something ridiculous but too be honest I don't think there's anything suspicious there. Just Best being himself, a d***head.

I wonder how much you could make by betting on a player getting booked when he isn't even on the pitch? Didn't Best manage that against Blackpool?

Not that i'm suggesting he is in anyway involved in this.

If I was Rovers now I would be saying he can keep the past wages if he agrees to tear up his contract now. Get him out quick and off the wage bill.

Wishful thinking maybe

hopefully that's the kind off thing rovers will be trying to do and if cambell has any sense he'd realise that's the best solution for both parties.

I wonder how much you could make by betting on a player getting booked when he isn't even on the pitch? Didn't Best manage that against Blackpool?

Not that i'm suggesting he is in anyway involved in this.

I would like to think he was , get rid of another waster then !

I did post in the Ipswich thread after the game that DJ looked to me to be disinterested in contributing to the game but more interested in getting himself sent off! Was his mind elsewhere?

A few points for me:

1) What will the rest of the squad think? Will they want him back training with them? Rovers need to take some decisive action to give GB & the rest of the team some basis to move forward. I'm hoping this actually has a positive effect in the long run & the togetherness of the rest of the squad galvanises the players. Backs against the wall time, let's hope for a positive reaction.

2) Oh what to do now with DJ? Can't get rid as, if he is innocent, we'll be screwed in the long run. Court case, etc. Put him back in the squad & I can't imagine a positive reaction from the rest of the lads. Suspend him & it will still hang over us. We'll be paying him but not playing him, meaning we need another striker but may not have the funds to get one.

3) If this is proved, I want a refund for the Ipswich match. Rovers could refund it as a gesture of goodwill to the 302 who travelled but I'd prefer it back from DJ himself. £25 for ticket, £30 for coach plus other expenses. Booked time off work, paid a pretty penny to go down to Ipswich and, potentially, we've started the game with, effectively, 10 men.

Really don't know what to make of this. In a way, I hope he's innocent but the old 'no smoke without fire' feeling won't go away.

Argghhh. Roll on Millwall so we can get back to matters on the pitch.

Stu there is no charge against JR what I am saying is the Sodje bros have both admitted their guilt and they are also well known to Jason Roberts and given that Jason Roberts missed so many open goals for us asks many questions.

Sorry Tom I did not mean it to sound like I am charging him by association but given the fact Jason was well known to the Sodje Bros who have both admitted their guilt and given for Blackburn rovers he was by far one of our worse strikers in terms of missing easy chances I'm in no way accusing him of being involved I would though say Jason Roberts would have a case to answer as some of his misses my cousins 4 year old would have put it away esp the Sunderland game all I'm saying is he definitely has a case to answer.

I think thats a wild accusation and that is being kind. He "definitely has a case to answer?!" Because he played with sodje a few years ago and missed a few sitters?! I'm glad you're not a police officer or a prosecutor because the criminal justice system would be in disarray!

However if you had speculated on etuhu getting booked 2 mins into his comeback at Brighton, or Leon best's sending off at Watford, his conduct at derby and running onto the pitch at Blackpool, then fair play!

hopefully that's the kind off thing rovers will be trying to do and if cambell has any sense he'd realise that's the best solution for both parties.

That's the sensible outcome , but it will probably be Shelfy doing the negotiating, he was heavily involved in messing about with the transfer that did not happen and the one that did. I honestly expect Rovers to pay up his contract and shelfy will add it to the tab.

Honestly can't believe the stuff written here about JR, he was a consistently bad finisher so we should haul him in front of a jury!

Got to agree, bad finisher, sucked up to Kean until it did him no good, but he did seem like a genuine bloke and seems quite well regarded by people in the game

Anyway all this talk of bookings/ sending's off made me think of Glen Keeley and his first? game for Everton against Liverpool after Rovers had loaned him with a view to a transfer, Ha Ha Ha talk about making your mark.

I think thats a wild accusation and that is being kind. He "definitely has a case to answer?!" Because he played with sodje a few years ago and missed a few sitters?! I'm glad you're not a police officer or a prosecutor because the criminal justice system would be in disarray!

However if you had speculated on etuhu getting booked 2 mins into his comeback at Brighton, or Leon best's sending off at Watford, his conduct at derby and running onto the pitch at Blackpool, then fair play!

are you saying the police arrested him on a whim? or is the police force in disarray

• Backroom

Yoda - he's talking about Jason Roberts who hasn't been arrested or accused but Savio says he has a case to answer because he played with Sodje and missed an open net at Sunderland on Boxing Day

Yoda - he's talking about Jason Roberts who hasn't been arrested or accused but Savio says he has a case to answer because he played with Sodje and missed an open net at Sunderland on Boxing Day

Oh, ok, thought this was the dj thread

That's the sensible outcome , but it will probably be Shelfy doing the negotiating, he was heavily involved in messing about with the transfer that did not happen and the one that did. I honestly expect Rovers to pay up his contract and shelfy will add it to the tab.

Got to agree, bad finisher, sucked up to Kean until it did him no good, but he did seem like a genuine bloke and seems quite well regarded by people in the game

Anyway all this talk of bookings/ sending's off made me think of Glen Keeley and his first? game for Everton against Liverpool after Rovers had loaned him with a view to a transfer, Ha Ha Ha talk about making your mark.

I thought he got a pay rise/new contract out of it?

yes I know now :) see abovebut can we arrest Beamo anyway,just for criac

Blimey, Beamish would still be in prison now and he'd be wealthier than Richard Branson if there was any suggestion any of his misses were deliberate. That guy needed a goal 80 feet not 8 feet high.

As for Roberts talk of him doing anything untoward is ridiculous. I merely found it mildly amusing that his uncle was DJ's agent given JR's squeaky clean standing within the game and the fact he chirps up at the mildest accusation of racism etc etc

Archived