BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] January Transfer Window 2014

neophox

Geeez things can snowball when numpties cant read. I never said he wont be good. I never said dont give him time. I never cried. I never said dont give him a chance. This started laughing at how kids get tagged 'highly rated'.

It doesnt matter what the club is, if a 17yr old kid is good and really is 'highly rated', then he goes for big bucks. Its not rocket science

Where was it posted we paid 500K for the young un from Accy, add to that Carney and Gestede thats would be well over £1m. i thought we had no dosh, Only asking by the way.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where was it posted we paid 500K for the young un from Accy, add to that Carney and Gestede thats would be well over £1m. i thought we had no dosh, Only asking by the way.

It was posted on here. Not sure if it was official. Cant quite remember the link

• Backroom

It was 50k for Mahoney too.

I see the point made though. High-rated is a subjective term. If a player is highly rated by us, it's a world away from highly-rated like Rooney, Bale or Walcott were.

It was posted on here. Not sure if it was official. Cant quite remember the link

Could well be 500k with add-ons, but only if the kid goes on and establish himself. Sounds like a good deal for both parties. Probably similar with the Scottish talent.

It was 50k for Mahoney too.

I see the point made though. High-rated is a subjective term. If a player is highly rated by us, it's a world away from highly-rated like Rooney, Bale or Walcott were.

It's also a standard phrase to put in the press release. They wouldn't say "poorly rated 17-year old joins for £50k". Why would they buy the kid if they did not rate him highly? I think it's good business. Get these kids in and see where it goes. If one in 10 becomes a first team regular then it's money well spent if you ask me.

It's also a standard phrase to put in the press release. They wouldn't say "poorly rated 17-year old joins for £50k". Why would they buy the kid if they did not rate him highly? I think it's good business. Get these kids in and see where it goes. If one in 10 becomes a first team regular then it's money well spent if you ask me.

those ten kids equeal one cairney?

tricky choice lol.

those ten kids equeal one cairney?

tricky choice lol.

Hehe. Well sometimes they turn into a Phil Jones or a David Dunn, which would make good business. When you can't buy top shelf players you have to get them at young age and develop yourself. For me whenever I see a new kid being bought I pretty much react with a "whatever".

Ironic you used the word nonsense. People who distort facts to strengthen their argument. Think you have just fallen into that category.

Nonsense :) We have no proof what the fee was. I went off what was reported on here

Bowyer just been on Radio Lancs re: the transfer window.

Said as always there'd been one or two inquiries about players but nothing more than that. Likened it to a boxing match, saying that you get a jab or two here a bit of sparring there, then it all breaks our in the last round. (Jan 31st)

Disappointingly imo he was completely non committal about Rochina when asked but thought Goodwillie had been "fantastic" since coming back . Backing the wrong horse completely there imo.

• Backroom

Said as always there'd been one or two inquiries about players but nothing more than that. Likened it to a boxing match, saying that you get a jab or two here a bit of sparring there, then it all breaks our in the last round. (Jan 31st)

Disappointingly imo he was completely non committal about Rochina when asked but thought Goodwillie had been "fantastic" since coming back . Backing the wrong horse completely there imo.

That in itself suggests Rochina is off.

• Moderation Lead

That may be to put Goodwillie in the shop window as much as anything else.

That in itself suggests Rochina is off.

Not before time, hate seeing talent being wasted because he has no interest in the team, thinking its all about how many tricks he can do. Waste of space. We have about 7 midfielders I'd select ahead of him, and I hate to think how little value for money we have had for him. Off you trott son...

I seriously think we need to get an experienced keeper in... Unfortunately Eastwood and Jake are simply too much of a liability...

We need 2 if Robbo is out again. Those two need loaning out anywhere to get games under their belts and get some confidence, prove themselves week in week out. Was reading comments on another site from a Huddersfield fan who'd watched the City game and he was slating Eastwood saying it was well known he was crap when at theirs and only ended up at Pompey because they were begging for players :( Felt sorry for him last night but imo he ain't up to Championship standard.

Archived