BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] IT'S A BAD DAY!

Bowyer has a big part to play this week. At every oppertunity he needs to make reference to the 35yrs, because make no mistake about it we have a major advantage because of the record.

The Burnley fans that can actually string a sentence together talk about nothing but the 35yrs, it hurts them, it's hurts their famalies and it hurts the town.

The expectation is on burnley, but history is firmly on our side.

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bowyer has a big part to play this week. At every oppertunity he needs to make reference to the 35yrs, because make no mistake about it we have a major advantage because of the record.

The Burnley fans that can actually string a sentence together talk about nothing but the 35yrs, it hurts them, it's hurts their famalies and it hurts the town.

The expectation is on burnley, but history is firmly on our side.

Totally agree Gav, looking back at the Ewood game last year, with the game deep into injury time they thought that they had finally ended that record. Dunn's late late equaliser sent them in to total meltdown. They are looking good for automatic promotion, but this game will weigh heavily on their players, they know all about the 35 year record and the pressure from the fans to end it.

Our home form has been decent this year. Burnley are a good side full of confidence at the moment but we should not fear them.

Anyone who watched their game at QPR a few weeks ago will know that they can be vulnerable at the back, especially in the air, so if Rovers can get some good service into Gestede then we can cause them some problems.

Be a good time for Rhodes to find the net again too.

Bloody hell, anyone would think we are playing Chelsea....

Get a grip this league is CRAP.

We are 9th with a half baked manager..

This game is very winnable ....

Prelude to a good moan when we lose waggy? Having watched the highlights of them vs Rams I must say I wish goy got those kind of favours from the refs. Was never a first booking, not sure I even saw a foul and it was not a dive. He was clipped and then his foot slipped. I hope they dont get those sort of favouts on Sunday.

Anyone who watched their game at QPR a few weeks ago will know that they can be vulnerable at the back, especially in the air, so if Rovers can get some good service into Gestede then we can cause them some problems.

Be a good time for Rhodes to find the net again too.

From what ive seen they seem to be really shaky on corners

Burnley will never have a better chance to finally beat us. Even more than last season because they are doing far better and we've stagnated somewhat.

It's now or never for them.

If they fail this year then their team could possibly be broken up in the summer

If they go up it could put them a country mile ahead of us for the foreseeable future even if it's only one season. Parachute and one seasons prem money will keep their team together and help strengthen it. We MUST beat them !!

Totally agree Gav, looking back at the Ewood game last year, with the game deep into injury time they thought that they had finally ended that record. Dunn's late late equaliser sent them in to total meltdown. They are looking good for automatic promotion, but this game will weigh heavily on their players, they know all about the 35 year record and the pressure from the fans to end it.

Our home form has been decent this year. Burnley are a good side full of confidence at the moment but we should not fear them.

I don 't as I said earlier - they are playing without pressure or fear and have been expected to fold all season yet have kept going. The weight of 35 years is on our shoulders to keep it going but we desperately need the 3 pts especially after last weeks performance - one more year to them will mean nothing really if they are promoted as they have had 34 years to put up with anyway so for me its a win win situation for them.

Yes they will be wanting the victory over their bitter rivals but I am sure many will be happy with a draw ( on reflection) and a victory for them will be the icing on the cake espeially if they get promoted which they are looking the favourites along with Leicester to succeed at.

They managed t'win at Notlob the other week where they haven't suceeded for nearly as long as the record with us

Personally I think people are kidding themselves really in hopefulness - a point for them will be more beneficial than a point for us and I think they will be happy ( on reflection) and just take it on the chin - we really need victory.

Maybe a victory by us will be more crushing than we know and have a snowball effect on them but somehow I just don't think we have got it in us.

Recently my presence on here has been even less welcome than usual so I'm under a self imposed ban on here but have lifted it for 5 minutes to offer you some thoughts from the other camp - you may think I'm talking tripe, your call:

1. There are a number of Burnley fans who, even on the cusp of promotion would swap it all to beat you

2. There is currently a mood, a dangerous mood in my opinion, of optimism amongst large swathes of our fans. I'm not one of them.

3. It seems a large number of fans ARE looking at the bigger picture and saying a point will be a great result for us in terms of league positions etc.

4. Is 35 any different to 34? Nope, it's gone on so long the actual length is meaningless, at least to me and many like me.

5. Do we want to win? Absolutely, every game. Not just because it is you, that is a definite cherry on top, but 3 more points would be most welcome.

6. For all the doom and gloom on here you were unbeaten in 5 until Saturday - Sunday will not be any easier for us than I expect it will be for you - and it's THE Derby!

7. I don't think a defeat will damage our league position beyond the obvious dropping of points. Our manager and squad have to much about them to let one result derail our season - I'd almost go so far as to say a win might be even more dangerous because expectations from the fans would go through the roof!

Anyway that's me out for a while - COYC

4. Is 35 any different to 34? Nope, it's gone on so long the actual length is meaningless, at least to me and many like me.

The entire fixture and rivalry is probably meaningless to most of the players. Maybe Dunn would take a defeat personally but I can't imagine Rhodes or many of the others shedding a tear.

If Burnley go up, and I think they will then they really do deserve it. They have comfortably beaten teams around them at home and taken points off the same group of teams away as well. Not many teams come away with anything at Leicester but they managed it. The work rate of some of their players is really impressive.

They will do extremely well to hold onto their manager if he continues to impress, and they could end up having a similar situation to when Coyle left by just taking the parachute payments and surrender to relegation early. They'll also have real problems keeping hold of Ings this summer. They'll have much more trouble keeping hold of him than Rovers will of keeping Rhodes that's for sure, regardless of how much we paid for JR, Ings has performed better this season and will likely be a premier league player with another team next year whereas on current form Rhodes will remain a Rover unless Venkys get desperate and sell him at a cut price.

Not been this defeatist going into an East Lancs derby ever. Started supporting Rovers when I was a little kid in about 1991 so my first derby experience was the away win at Turf Moor when Souness was manager and Marcus Bent scored his first goal for the club. I can see it being a draw as Rovers I'm sure will battle hard after the debacle of the Bolton game and probably do enough to get something.

34 years or not a win would be pretty special given the state of each club at the moment.

Recently my presence on here has been even less welcome than usual so I'm under a self imposed ban on here but have lifted it for 5 minutes to offer you some thoughts from the other camp - you may think I'm talking tripe, your call:

1. There are a number of Burnley fans who, even on the cusp of promotion would swap it all to beat you

2. There is currently a mood, a dangerous mood in my opinion, of optimism amongst large swathes of our fans. I'm not one of them.

3. It seems a large number of fans ARE looking at the bigger picture and saying a point will be a great result for us in terms of league positions etc.

5. Do we want to win? Absolutely, every game. Not just because it is you, that is a definite cherry on top, but 3 more points would be most welcome.

6. For all the doom and gloom on here you were unbeaten in 5 until Saturday - Sunday will not be any easier for us than I expect it will be for you - and it's THE Derby!

7. I don't think a defeat will damage our league position beyond the obvious dropping of points. Our manager and squad have to much about them to let one result derail our season - I'd almost go so far as to say a win might be even more dangerous because expectations from the fans would go through the roof!

You should have stayed banned as that tripe is about as interesting to us as a picnic in Townley Park and night in't Kierby.

OMG! It's like the song "Christmas in the Trenches"..we'll be swapping photographs and playing harmonica in the moonlight next!

Come on lads give him a little credit, he hasn't come on here blurting tripe etc, he comes in good faith.

I am now slowly getting into derby week. Bring it on. Unfortunately I was present the last time they won against us and I cannot imagine how hurt I will be if we lose this game.

COYB - PASSION and PRIDE a MUST.

You do get the impression from most of that lot that they have already won on Sunday and are all but promoted. Staggering levels of arrogance from hordes of them suddenly appearing all over the interweb. If we pull it off it could be one of THE sweetest victories over them. It's strange position to be in listening to them gloat over us. I'd love it if by Monday and come the end of the season normal order is resumed. Plenty of time for them to cock it up yet, starting Sunday !

Come on lads give him a little credit, he hasn't come on here blurting tripe etc, he comes in good faith.

I am now slowly getting into derby week. Bring it on. Unfortunately I was present the last time they won against us and I cannot imagine how hurt I will be if we lose this game.

COYB - PASSION and PRIDE a MUST.

He is fine. Insightful, never gloats and is more than reasonable. He can't really have been banned?!

I have enjoyed my own dialogue with him. My World War 1 comment was merely a ( topical) joke.

He is fine. Insightful, never gloats and is more than reasonable. He can't really have been banned?!

I have enjoyed my own dialogue with him. My World War 1 comment was merely a ( topical) joke.

Nowt wrong with longsiders for a dingle. Had dialogues with him from years back he's a good egg.

Looking at the stats Burnley have the fourth best away defensive record in this league whilst Rovers have a very poor SIXTEENTH best attack at home.

Says it all really.

Think we've got the 2nd best home defensive record though, behind Burnley. 11 conceded. We let in 5 in two games against Barnsley and Birmingham!

Think we've got the 2nd best home defensive record though, behind Burnley. 11 conceded. We let in 5 in two games against Barnsley and Birmingham!

Home and away combined Burnley have the best defensive record in the league whilst Rovers languish way way way behind.

Archived