BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] IT'S A BAD DAY!

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Were you at Bolton - people I know that went said that Olsson wasn't the worst player on the day - indeed put across some good crosses and worked hard.

Well if that doesn't scare the crap out of people, nothing will. Were we really that bad?

• Backroom

Well if that doesn't scare the crap out of people, nothing will. Were we really that bad?

Absolutely. Olsson was actually alright, almost scoring a thnderbolt and providing 2 chances that Rhodes would've buried before Christmas.

Absolutely. Olsson was actually alright, almost scoring a thnderbolt and providing 2 chances that Rhodes would've buried before Christmas.

I thought Olsson again was terrible, he shot more than once from stupid positions and technically he is nowhere near good enough.

Problem at right back is both Kane and Henley are terrible positional wise and always to far forward or looking to go forward. With Olsson on the other side we have double the same problem.

Championship Trivia Quiz

1. How many games since Burnley lost?
  2. How long since Burnley beat us in the league?
  3. Two Burnley players have scored more than Jordan. Who are they?
  4. At home Rovers have, on average, 50% possession and a pass success rate of 76%. Away Burnley have, on average 45% possession………… guess the % pass success rate.
  5. So far they have scored 22 away goals. How many home goals have we scored?
  6. With a score of 7.59, who is Burnley’s most highly rated player? (Cairney is rated 7.41).
  7. Apparently three teams consider Burnley to be their main rival. Who are the other two?
  8. The August 1973 Sunday Observer Supplement carried a special 4 page feature on the Burnley side newly promoted to the top division. A copy recently appeared on eBay. How many bids?
  9. The last Burnley game I saw was just a few days before I emigrated in April 2001. You will remember we were promoted that year; what was the score?
  10. 50+ years ago - who was the Burnley and England centre-forward who refused repeatedly to sign my treasured autograph book?

Answers

1. 12, 2. 34y 10m 20d, 3. Ings 19 Vokes 17, 4. 69%, 5. 21, 6. Trippier (he is the 4th highest ranking in the Championship – TC is 15th), 7. Halifax (must be a dingle thing) and Stockport, 8. “Sometimes you pick up a good bargain on eBay. Just such a one was the August 1973 Observer Sunday Supplement I snaffled up for just a few quid. It surprised me that I was the only bidder. Other avid Burnley collectors must have been snoozing. This is the supplement that has the big feature on the 1973 team that had just won promotion back to the top division. One page out of the four was devoted to the irascible Bob Lord. There were the usual paragraphs about Burnley the town and the cobbled streets, plus honourable mentions for several players but the best and longest was devoted to Leighton James.” (Dave Thomas on the Clarets Mad site).

9. 5-0 what a day! 10. Ray Pointer – See! You *******! I still haven’t forgotten!

Data from whoscored.com E&OE

• Backroom

Roped into a bet with a dingle at work. If Rovers win, he must wear a Rovers club tie all week. If it's those @#/?s that win, I must wear a Burnley club tie.

If it's a draw, we must 'hug it out' for 5 full minutes......

Roped into a bet with a dingle at work. If Rovers win, he must wear a Rovers club tie all week. If it's those keans that win, I must wear a Burnley club tie.

To a nice romantic Banjo serenade on a river bank?

Roped into a bet with a dingle at work. If Rovers win, he must wear a Rovers club tie all week. If it's those keans that win, I must wear a Burnley club tie.

If he's that confident, and had balls, he should have given you the draw.

We need this team, that is if every player is fit.

Robinson

Henley Hanley Kilgallon Spurr

Taylor Cairney Evans Conway

Rhodes Gestede

Instead we will no doubt have Lowe playing.

So much rests on the fitness of Hanley and Cairney.

Squeaky bum time indeed

BUT are we actually in worse shape this time round than the last few times they've blown it? Their arrogance is quite frankly ridiculous leading up to this one!

Robinson

Rhodes Gestede

TBH - IF everyone is fit - I would have Lowe playing - the Evans / Lowe / Cairney midfield produced some of our best performances (for the few matches it was available). As a midfield they complement each other really well - Lowe giving Evans and Cairney the ability to play with a little more freedom (as seen by Evans pile driver against Bolton)

Robinson

Rhodes Gestede

No problem if he plays at Right Back.

Who are you directing that at?

The "owners", the fans who have not bought yet, fans who do not like being treated like cattle,

or is it just a whinge for the sake of it

Home fans aren't treated like cattle. No excuses, anyone who hasn't got a ticket is a joke.

Archived