BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] IT'S A BAD DAY!

We need this team, that is if every player is fit.

Robinson

Henley Hanley Kilgallon Spurr

Taylor Cairney Evans Conway

Rhodes Gestede

Instead we will no doubt have Lowe playing.

Henley should be nowhere near the first team after last weeks 'mare

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BUT are we actually in worse shape this time round than the last few times they've blown it? Their arrogance is quite frankly ridiculous leading up to this one!

Maybe not -but they are in much much better shape and we have bumbled our way through the last two games against them

Is ours any different ( or been previously)?

Didn't witness it Aggy, but Kane was dire at Mboro (replaced by Henley at HT and it was a big improvement). Sounds like we'll have to make the best of a bad job.

Didn't witness it Aggy, but Kane was dire at Mboro (replaced by Henley at HT and it was a big improvement). Sounds like we'll have to make the best of a bad job.

He was poor but he was hung out to dry by the master tactician's team set up. We played a narrow three and Caryol and Friend were invariably running at him at the same time. I'm convinced it was Hanley who was quite animated near the Technical Area during a stoppage who told them to change the system. Kane got the hook at half time. Henley was a lot worse on Saturday and stayed on. But Kane doesn't appear to be one of Bowyer's protected species.

Maybe not -but they are in much much better shape and we have bumbled our way through the last two games against them

Is ours any different ( or been previously)?

They haven't been outstanding in the few games I've seen them in thus season. Granted their league position is no fluke though. They're talking themselves up something rotten this time though.

If we lose this then I fear for Bowyer. Not in a job security way but he will lose most of the fans.

Before you harp on about the job he has done, granted he has done brilliant so far, but to be so naive to not get defensive cover in yet sign countless midfielders who can't get a game.

Added to the fact his consistent negativity in many games away from home. If we do miss out on the play-offs by a couple of points then he can look at that.

I fear our season will filter out after the weekend and hoping I am wrong. If he puts Williamson in after that performance last week and not Evans well that says it all.

Henley is vastly overrated anyway. Very poor last week but so were at least 8 others.

Varney impressed when he came on. Great work rate.

• Backroom

Well Appleton and Berg were pretty terrible in their stints here and they avoided defeat id hate to be the manager on the wrong end of the streak ending!

I can see Derby losing and giving Burnley the chance to open up a huge gap

As much as I want to see Rovers win, I think that some are seeing defeat as some sort of armageddon.

It's not uncommon to lose a game at home nor is it to lose to your rival. We've been spoilt by being the better side for 30 years but to all intents and purposes we are the same size of club as Burnley.

We are lucky to have a meaningful derby which most clubs don't have and therefore need to get used to the idea that you sometimes get beat (actually it might do some of us some good). I'll be holding my head high, irrespective of the result - I'm a Roverite wahtever happens. Saying that though, I'm not discounting self harm!

If we lose this then I fear for Bowyer. Not in a job security way but he will lose most of the fans.

Before you harp on about the job he has done, granted he has done brilliant so far, but to be so naive to not get defensive cover in yet sign countless midfielders who can't get a game.

Added to the fact his consistent negativity in many games away from home. If we do miss out on the play-offs by a couple of points then he can look at that.

I fear our season will filter out after the weekend and hoping I am wrong. If he puts Williamson in after that performance last week and not Evans well that says it all.

Henley is vastly overrated anyway. Very poor last week but so were at least 8 others.

Varney impressed when he came on. Great work rate.

I think if we lose , and it is not a foregone conclusion ...

Bowyer will be lucky to keep his job and I for one wont lose any sleep !

Anyone see the news item on BBC NW news tonight?

They showed a video that a Burnley fan had made about trying to take the heat out of the Derby, then the journalist basically said recent derbys have been blighted by fans fighting. With the police bubble in place the fans really havent had chance to get close, the only thing i can remember is the pre-arranged fight in Cherry Tree hours after one game, and that dingle who ran on the pitch in his mittens that was in someones signature on here for ages. Im not saying there would be no trouble without the bubble, there probably would be some, but i feel like we are being tarred as hooligans without either evidence or right of reply.

Archived