BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] IT'S A BAD DAY!

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd take a 5-0 banging to be where they are now. How anyone would pass up promotion just to beat us is beyond my imagination, they're not dealing with a full deck. That crazy mentality has transmitted itself to their players in the past and has worked in our favour.

If we were picking from a fully fit squad I'd still fancy us at home, we've still got some decent players. Trouble is it looks like a couple will be out ( King, Marshall ) and the nucleus of the team ( Dunn, Evans, Cairney, Hanley, Kllgallon ) are all struggling for full fitness. How many of these will play I don't know, we can't risk taking a chance on more than a couple. We'd don't want to be playing with ten or nine men if they all break down again. Dunny won't last 90 mins for a start.

I watched Burnley against QPR and I was impressed, they've got a good system that suits the strengths of their players. They can pass it around ok and they can play a long ball game when they need to .One striker will always come deep for a short pass from midfield ( usually Vokes ) and the other ( Ings ) is looking to get onto the ball over the top. They do mix it up though. That can make life difficult for centre halves. Our defensive midfielders will have to be on their toes and pick up the one that comes deep.

I do think they can be got at down the wings though. The left back looked to me like a central defender playing full back. he's not straight line quick and he turns quite slowly. The winger on that side, Knightly, likes to attack more and didn't always help him out. Junior Hoilett gave Mee a bit of a chasing and I think a fit Cairney will be too clever for him and he could do the same. Trippier's a very good player but he likes to get forward a lot, maybe too much. The right winger covers for him better than Knightly did for Mee. I'd play Taylor out there with instructions to dog his every step and keep him out of the game. Much as Chris Sutton marked Tugay out of the game when we played Celtic at Ewood . That's sacrificing an average player to blot out a major line of attack. Taylor's the sort of player that could play that role. If we need to clear the ball long that area on their right will be worth probing.

Lot of speculation at present.......four full days to go, LT being fed usual drivel as to who's fit/ going to be fit/likely to be fit.....will we get another blooming Keane on loan........now thinking GB will pull a Fergie, and have a full strength team, Dunny to play a blinder for 67 minutes, and Craig Short to score as temp CB. JR hat trick & Putin backs down over Crimea.

Oh hum, a man can dream......?

Yes interesting. If Putin were our Manager I wonder how many of last Saturdays team would play again ..............or be exiled to the gulags. I can think of three or four who would never have dared to put in such abject displays.

Come on lads give him a little credit, he hasn't come on here blurting tripe etc, he comes in good faith.

I am now slowly getting into derby week. Bring it on. Unfortunately I was present the last time they won against us and I cannot imagine how hurt I will be if we lose this game.

COYB - PASSION and PRIDE a MUST.

I am lucky - never seen them beat us - my first Derby experiences being 82/83 - 1-0 away and 2-1 at home (strange seeing fans throw slates off the roof of the Darwen End onto their own fans). They actually had some half decent players in that team - with the likes of Trevor Steven playing for them. I hope that I am not tempting fate - but just have a strange feeling that the run will continue - really they are strong favourites - but just wonder how long Jordan's barren streak will continue. Of course a lot will depend on who is fit for Sunday - and any loans we get in the meantime - can't possibly go into this match against Volkes with one centre half.

Sounds like similar to last season which is fair enough I suppose. There was only supposedly 13k or so home fans on the game at Turd and to be honest it looked a lot less. That's not a dig at them at all, they must count ST's as well if they turn up or not because apart from the JH stand the gaff was empty.

The entire fixture and rivalry is probably meaningless to most of the players. Maybe Dunn would take a defeat personally but I can't imagine Rhodes or many of the others shedding a tear.

Rhodes scored probably his worst goal since signing for us at the Turf earlier this season and did you see how he celebrated it?

There's an opportunity for someone in the team to become an instant hero with the fans. Perhaps someone unexpected?

After his match-saving, fair tackle on Ings at the end of the last derby, I remember Williamson receiving a standing ovation every time he warmed up during the next match at Ewood.

Songs were sung about him and he was the avatar of choice on here.

Come on rovers, one of you must fancy a bit of that.

Funnilly enough our home record is identical to B***ley's away record so a draw is probably the favourite. Come the day though I'll be 100% confident that we'll turn em over just because you can't go into a game like that thinking you're going to lose, it gives off bad vibes.

See earlier comments TR - we can spot it - my worry is with GB though

Not one normally for worrying about other teams and to concentrate on your own strengths but we don't have any at the moment and agree with the Taylor aspect especially.

I do think they can be got at down the wings though. The left back looked to me like a central defender playing full back. he's not straight line quick and he turns quite slowly. The winger on that side, Knightly, likes to attack more and didn't always help him out. Junior Hoilett gave Mee a bit of a chasing and I think a fit Cairney will be too clever for him and he could do the same. Trippier's a very good player but he likes to get forward a lot, maybe too much. The right winger covers for him better than Knightly did for Mee. I'd play Taylor out there with instructions to dog his every step and keep him out of the game. Much as Chris Sutton marked Tugay out of the game when we played Celtic at Ewood .

..............................and just attack or get at the full backs.....so easy this championship football lark.

Funnily enough - I think this is our only way of beating them!!!

- especially keeping Trippier occupied defending rather than his roaming down the wings.

Kilgallon having daily treatment for a groin strain. He must be a big doubt because you don't usually get over those quickly.

The trouble with our walking wounded is that even if Hanley and Kilgallon declare themselves fit, I doubt they will be 100%.

I don't know what agreements we have in place, and I know the club is trying to conduct itself 'the right way' but I can't believe there is no way we could have got that young lad who is captain at Torquay back from loan, or Songo back from Scotland. They surely have to be better bets than a loanee from united who still hasn't even met the rest of the team yet. Being a Man United reject given their current first team doesn't fill me with confidence.

Unfortunately I can see our impressive front 2 being starved of service as the opposition presses our frailties elsewhere. More often than not this season it has been the central midfield, but it is looking like the defense may be as vulnerable.

More nervous than excited at the moment I have to admit.

15,000 tickets sold? Sorry but that is kean.

Who are you directing that at?

The "owners", the fans who have not bought yet, fans who do not like being treated like cattle,

or is it just a whinge for the sake of it

Archived