BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Another Venky's Milestone of decline awaits this Sunday.

Key Milestones delivered by Venky's to date

We have had the removal of one of the best Board's in Football

The sacking of Sam Allardyce

Relegation 2 seasons ago from the Premiership

The sacking of 4 Managers last season

Record Loss reported in the Financial Accounts for last year.

All the above milestones chart the decline of our club since Venky's took over. Yet probably the most significant one now awaits. Not only are we 20 points behind our greatest rivals going in to a Derby game, the highest difference in history, but Burnley appear to be on the verge of overtaking our status in playing divisions.

The symbolic magnitude of the Venky's stewardship faces it ultimate test on Sunday.

If we are to lose this weekend we will have given up all the advantages gained over our fiercest rivals for the last 35 years. Surely their can be no greater measure of the failure of the new owners than to lose to Burnley. It would effectively end our season as well as giving them another boost to their promotion hopes.

This will be the greatest dishonour foisted upon the Rovers fanbase since the FA Cup debacle of 1960. For me the greatest crime was that the fans told them where all the circus antics would lead at the start of the process yet the PR people had the gall to blame the fans and the owners carried on regardless with their dismantling.

Well this has cost Venky's a lot financially and lost them a lot of face. I just pray it does not lead to the fans of one of Footballs founding clubs losing their club altogther.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we'd lost the PL match at Ewood under the Walker Trust, would they have been hung out to dry - no.

What would happen if Robinson conceded a penalty in the first minute, got sent off, they scored and the match finished 1-0 - I'd like to think the fans would clap the team off the pitch - not spit the dummy out. We will lose to them eventually and like SG194 says you'll still wake up in the morning and the world will still keep turning.

It would be fantastic (for many reasons) to keep the run going, however its a game of football and to some people its not the 'be all and end all' in life - some things ARE more important.

Saying that, COYB!

:rover:

I think last weeks defeat at reebok as done a lot of damage to the supporters moral

nowt that a few bevveys wont sort , common you bluessssssssssssssssss........

That is very true - prior to the Burnley match we were on a reasonable little run. However - it is something we have done all season - just when we starting to string together a few results, suffer a big defeat. Hopefully we will now get back to the sound defence we had prior to the Bolton match - and surprise a few people by beating the surprise package of the championship.

I don't want to lose the record but a big part of me wishes we never had it in the first place.

Burnley getting promoted might actually even be good for us next season.

Are you sure you are a Rovers fan Stuart? That post beggars belief!

1. That record is fantastic to every BRFC fan on the planet. Just imagine it the other way around before you write such rubbish.

2. Whilst we are wallowing in a debt that could quite easily finish us just how can our closest rivals winning a prize of at least 100m or the equivalent of a decade of total revenue actually be good for us?

Unless I suggest if you want to see that proud record of ours smashed to smithereens in the shortest time possible.... and not by us!

Key Milestones delivered by Venky's to date

We have had the removal of one of the best Board's in Football

The sacking of Sam Allardyce

Relegation 2 seasons ago from the Premiership

The sacking of 4 Managers last season

Record Loss reported in the Financial Accounts for last year.

All the above milestones chart the decline of our club since Venky's took over. Yet probably the most significant one now awaits. Not only are we 20 points behind our greatest rivals going in to a Derby game, the highest difference in history, but Burnley appear to be on the verge of overtaking our status in playing divisions.

The symbolic magnitude of the Venky's stewardship faces it ultimate test on Sunday.

If we are to lose this weekend we will have given up all the advantages gained over our fiercest rivals for the last 35 years. Surely their can be no greater measure of the failure of the new owners than to lose to Burnley. It would effectively end our season as well as giving them another boost to their promotion hopes.

This will be the greatest dishonour foisted upon the Rovers fanbase since the FA Cup debacle of 1960. For me the greatest crime was that the fans told them where all the circus antics would lead at the start of the process yet the PR people had the gall to blame the fans and the owners carried on regardless with their dismantling.

Well this has cost Venky's a lot financially and lost them a lot of face. I just pray it does not lead to the fans of one of Footballs founding clubs losing their club altogther.

Dont be pessimistic. The Maquis signing is on his way, or maybe he is already here?

If we'd lost the PL match at Ewood under the Walker Trust, would they have been hung out to dry - no.

What would happen if Robinson conceded a penalty in the first minute, got sent off, they scored and the match finished 1-0 - I'd like to think the fans would clap the team off the pitch - not spit the dummy out. We will lose to them eventually and like SG194 says you'll still wake up in the morning and the world will still keep turning.

It would be fantastic (for many reasons) to keep the run going, however its a game of football and to some people its not the 'be all and end all' in life - some things ARE more important.

Saying that, COYB!

Losing is NOT an option!!!

I don't want to lose the record but a big part of me wishes we never had it in the first place.

Burnley getting promoted might actually even be good for us next season.

Them

Getting promoted would ruin my life ..

Every day I'd be tormented by the idiot at work

Are you sure you are a Rovers fan Stuart? That post beggars belief!

1. That record is fantastic to every BRFC fan on the planet. Just imagine it the other way around before you write such rubbish.

2. Whilst we are wallowing in a debt that could quite easily finish us just how can our closest rivals winning a prize of at least 100m or the equivalent of a decade of total revenue actually be good for us?

Unless I suggest if you want to see that proud record of ours smashed to smithereens in the shortest time possible.... and not by us!

Don't be a twerp. You are missing the point entirely. We need to start prioritising competing for a play-off place ahead of beating 'that lot'.

I still dream of getting back to the big time. To have a club to pass on to my kids, we probably need to. There is just about enough of an aura about the club to attract some decent players but that won't last much longer. If we don't have to play 'that lot' next season we might be able to keep our eyes on the prize just a little longer. Or we might not.

The record is good to try to lord it over them but if we are not careful, they will simply be sneering at us and our prized record while they coin it in and have a period in the top flight.

It's 16 years and counting since Stoke last beat Port Vale. (With Vale unbeaten in their last 5).

Who gives a @#/?? Not Stoke.

Don't be a twerp. You are missing the point entirely. We need to start prioritising competing for a play-off place ahead of beating 'that lot'.

I still dream of getting back to the big time. To have a club to pass on to my kids, we probably need to. There is just about enough of an aura about the club to attract some decent players but that won't last much longer. If we don't have to play 'that lot' next season we might be able to keep our eyes on the prize just a little longer. Or we might not.

The record is good to try to lord it over them but if we are not careful, they will simply be sneering at us and our prized record while they coin it in and have a period in the top flight.

It's 16 years and counting since Stoke last beat Port Vale. (With Vale unbeaten in their last 5).

Who gives a Kean? Not Stoke.

Beating the dingles is a prelude to moving on ie 3 points

Saying that, COYB!

Completely agree.

I think Sunday has draw written all over it, but irrespective of what happens, we've all got families and important things to go back to after a game of footy, so it's hardly the be all and end all.

Who gives a Kean? Not Stoke.

In my opinion anyone who thinks we have a chance of finishing in the play-offs is delusional. That performance against Bolton was diabolical. Spineless, lazy, no teamwork, no quality, no leadership, 4-0 flattered us. Only Robinson looked anything above a League 2 player. There is no chance on the planet that this team, who Bowyer clearly only has the ability to motivate sporadically, will get in the play-offs.

So as depressing as it sounds, the record is all thats left. Its the one important thing we've still got to play for. We must not lose.

I'm talking generally SKH, not this season.

Promotion is everything for us. Venkys won't be here for long if we don't get there, and, without Venkys financial involvement, we can't afford Championship players.

Failing promotion, we need to hope Bangkok Rover's contacts in the Middle East come good. :rolleyes:

So as depressing as it sounds, the record is all thats left. Its the one important thing we've still got to play for. We must not lose.

If you are talking generally, and not just this season, then that's extremely depressing as exactly what I'm talking about. As a club/fanbase we need to have more about us than that.

Port Vale to Burnley's Stoke is not what we want to be!

If you are talking generally, and not just this season, then that's extremely depressing as exactly what I'm talking about. As a club/fanbase we need to have more about us than that.

Absolutely not, but its where we are now because of a series of insane decisions that personally I complained about every step of the way, whilst sizeable portions of the fanbase said things like:

1. It was time for Sam to go, he was driving fans away.

2. It was time for Diouf/Nelsen/Andrews/Roberts/Pedersen to go, they were too old or rubbish.

3. Formica/Rochina/Judge etc are good signings, they'll bring youth and the right style to the team.

4. Berg has Rovers in his heart and will clean up the mess here.

5. Appleton needs time, 11 games isn't long enough.

6. Bowyer needs time, he's building a good young squad.

All the way through Venkys reign, rank bad decisions have been made and often been defended. And to keep on defending them, its necessary to pretend things can still be turned around. Well the odds are stacked massively against us now, and it won't happen period whilst Bowyer is in charge. Its not a reality I ever wanted, I wanted us to keep playing ugly football under Sam Allardyce in the Premiership for the next 20 years. But it is reality, this is reality where all we have to play for is not losing to Burnley. Said it a million times but hope the football purists are happy.

Absolutely not, but its where we are now because of a series of insane decisions that personally I complained about every step of the way, whilst sizeable portions of the fanbase said things like:

1. It was time for Sam to go, he was driving fans away.

2. It was time for Diouf/Nelsen/Andrews/Roberts/Pedersen to go, they were too old or rubbish.

3. Formica/Rochina/Judge etc are good signings, they'll bring youth and the right style to the team.

4. Berg has Rovers in his heart and will clean up the mess here.

5. Appleton needs time, 11 games isn't long enough.

6. Bowyer needs time, he's building a good young squad.

All the way through Venkys reign, rank bad decisions have been made and often been defended. And to keep on defending them, its necessary to pretend things can still be turned around. Well the odds are stacked massively against us now, and it won't happen period whilst Bowyer is in charge. Its not a reality I ever wanted, I wanted us to keep playing ugly football under Sam Allardyce in the Premiership for the next 20 years. But it is reality, this is reality where all we have to play for is not losing to Burnley. Said it a million times but hope the football purists are happy.

Sad but true ....

Burnley have not got promotion 14 games to go ....

Archived