BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Administration - Well it never happened

So Thursday has arrived -- the day we were supposed to go under, so i am interested to hear the views of those of you who said this would probably happen, what the hell went wrong.

I don't think anyone said anything other than it was rumoured or feared. Doesn't really change anything though, does it? Until the Raos explain the financial situation, there will always be these fears.

I don't think anyone said anything other than it was rumoured or feared. Doesn't really change anything though, does it? Until the Raos explain the financial situation, there will always be these fears.

Yes i totally agree, who knows whats next around the corner.

Don't think it was ever likely. Being put into administration would mean some action, and action has not been the strong point of our beloved leaders over the last few years. More years of inertia and steady decline are far more likely.

Knowing them, they'll probably do it one day late

... due to a faulty fax machine.

Doom merchants will probably say the day is not over.

Thats not being a doom merchant, its just acknowledging reality. We made a £25m loss last season with £16m of parachute payments. Next season and the season after we get £8m, the season after that we get £0.

So the wage bill has to keep plumetting just so our losses remain big rather than absolutely disastrous. If we can absorb 4 years of big losses then yeah no problem, if not then:

1. Adam Henley will be our biggest earner in a couple of years.

2. Venkys will prop up the club to the tune of £50m+.

3. Administration

Long live the chicken "pl"*uckers.

Thats not being a doom merchant, its just acknowledging reality. We made a £25m loss last season with £16m of parachute payments. Next season and the season after we get £8m, the season after that we get £0.

So the wage bill has to keep plumetting just so our losses remain big rather than absolutely disastrous. If we can absorb 4 years of big losses then yeah no problem, if not then:

1. Adam Henley will be our biggest earner in a couple of years.

2. Venkys will prop up the club to the tune of £50m+.

3. Administration

Long live the chicken "pl"*uckers.

I agree it is still a possibility........................but not today.

Kinda makes a mockery of the main reason for praising Bowyer over the last year, the famous "stability" everyones raving about. We had to get promoted asap from this league from the moment we got relegated.

Bowyer's stability is like getting better purchase whilst standing on a ticking bomb thats located on the edge of a cliff. We won't slip and fall off the cliff, but it'll do us naff all good in the long term.

Our options are clearly limited faced with an income stream of roughly £13 million in total next year which includes parachute payments.

Has anyone told The Raos yet of our budgeted income for next year and compared it with expenditure or is the fax still not working?

Relegation, parachute payments, Accrington Stanley, who arrrre they?

Our options are clearly limited faced with an income stream of roughly £13 million in total next year which includes parachute payments.

Has anyone told The Raos yet of our budgeted income for next year and compared it with expenditure or is the fax still not working?

Relegation, parachute payments, Accrington Stanley, who arrrre they?

Nobody's got the balls to tell them anything. " What we've got here is a failure to communicate ".

Well I for one am very pleased this day has come and gone without incident.

Maybe we have another season of Venkys money after all...

Seems like most of the Venkys money is actually being levied as club debt to me Stuart, but agree marginally pleased no admin for time being.

Archived