SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] BLACKBURN ROVERS V'S IPSWICH

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

STABILITY

The new water torture

You know what, I'm getting really sick of seeing this word used as a stick to beat us with. It's illogical, unamusing, repetitive, tedious, churlish, and as an argument, frankly about as sophisticated as sipping liquid turd. Please get back to actually talking about football instead of thrusting the same forward time after time like some sort of mindless drone. Yes there are problems with Gary's tactical approach. No, stability is not a bad thing. If it turns instead into stagnation next season, THEN we will have a real issue.

I personally feel like 80-90% of our on field tactical problems will be solved if we just stop playing two defensive midfielders.

You know what, I'm getting really sick of seeing this word used as a stick to beat us with. It's illogical, unamusing, repetitive, tedious, churlish, and as an argument, frankly about as sophisticated as sipping liquid turd. Please get back to actually talking about football instead of thrusting the same forward time after time like some sort of mindless drone. Yes there are problems with Gary's tactical approach. No, stability is not a bad thing. If it turns instead into stagnation next season, THEN we will have a real issue.

I personally feel like 80-90% of our on field tactical problems will be solved if we just stop playing two defensive midfielders.

Tell it to GB

Well, that was a thoroughly crud response, thankyou. Come on Yoda, you can do better, I like your posts sometimes, so please step out of first gear with them.

I resemble that!

:D

I think you missed a bit of the initial humour, water torture, pour foward, damp squib,

besides I hate it when people say we have stability,

I don't profess to be a RoloPB, so it may seem a bit blunt at times

What does it matter? We won against the mighty McCarthy, enjoy the evening im heading out to the barbeque ;-)

Not much but it's something that we're going to have to start doing if we're to have a playoff push next season.

• Backroom

Nice to be winning again even if it's too little too late

I still think Etuhu is more of a midfielder than Lowe or Williamson by the way

I resemble that!

:D

I think you missed a bit of the initial humour, water torture, pour foward, damp squib,

besides I hate it when people say we have stability,

I don't profess to be a RoloPB, so it may seem a bit blunt at times

None of the humour changes anything I said about people sarcastically using stability as a word to beat us with. It's not the first time...I do a lot more reading of the forums than I do posting, and it's getting really old. It's getting to the point that people seem to think stability is a negative thing in itself and it's just not. Is it a little overused on the other side of the debate? Slightly, perhaps, but at least it's being used as a legitimate, valid piece of argument in that instance instead of a yawn-inducing stick to hit us with every time something bad happens.

My quoting your post rather than the others had a lot more to do with it being in massive letters than anything else by the way ;)

Unfortunately more of a liability and lazy sod too. We really have an embarrassment of poverty (not riches) in defensive midfield, when we really only need one player on the pitch providing that role. Evans, when he's not injured. That the club then also has Williamson, Etuhu, Lowe, Marrow, and Dabo temporarily (all of whom are crap in my opinion)....really is ridiculous. I do worry that Bowyer will never stop playing two of them at a time though.

• Backroom

None of the humour changes anything I said about people sarcastically using stability as a word to beat us with. It's not the first time...I do a lot more reading of the forums than I do posting, and it's getting really old. It's getting to the point that people seem to think stability is a negative thing in itself and it's just not. Is it a little overused on the other side of the debate? Slightly, perhaps, but at least it's being used as a legitimate, valid piece of argument in that instance instead of a yawn-inducing stick to hit us with every time something bad happens.

My quoting your post rather than the others had a lot more to do with it being in massive letters than anything else by the way ;)

Maybe you missed the dozens of posts referring to stability a the holy grail and something we should be pleased with

The reality is somewhere in the middle

Maybe you missed the dozens of posts referring to stability a the holy grail and something we should be pleased with

The reality is somewhere in the middle, yes, but no, I haven't missed the numerous posts about stability being key. But nobody I've seen seems to think it is 'the holy grail' either, just something we needed this season, a reason to not chop and change again just yet, and a core building block for progress. I think I've dealt with the balance of it fairly well, I've acknowledged already in the post you quoted that there are a lot of posts praising it, and that they can be a little over the top.

The reality is we are losing millions of pounds a month still, that isn't a sign of stability.

Pleased to finally see a victory today and a clean sheet. I guess playing in blue N white inspires our Scottish players!!!

Would like to see etuhu get a run of games to show what he can do. He certainly adds a bit of physique to midfield.

On a side note what the hell does varney offer? Josh king should have been on. If I were him I'd be fuming.

Nice to win as always. Though realistically our season has been over for a few games now

When it does matter it's more about results than anything. However since results don't matter so much now it's probably more about performances.

Will be interesting to read the feedback from those that attended.

Unfortunately more of a liability and lazy sod too. We really have an embarrassment of poverty (not riches) in defensive midfield, when we really only need one player on the pitch providing that role. Evans, when he's not injured. That the club then also has Williamson, Etuhu, Lowe, Marrow, and Dabo temporarily (all of whom are crap in my opinion)....really is ridiculous. I do worry that Bowyer will never stop playing two of them at a time though.

I used it when we were winning, as Tom says, we are a long long way from being stable, and game after game fans have been left deflated at the tactics employed, it could have been so much better

• Backroom

The reality is somewhere in the middle, yes, but no, I haven't missed the numerous posts about stability being key. But nobody I've seen seems to think it is 'the holy grail' either, just something we needed this season, a reason to not chop and change again just yet, and a core building block for progress. I think I've dealt with the balance of it fairly well, I've acknowledged already in the post you quoted that there are a lot of posts praising it, and that they can be a little over the top.

Poorly worded sorry but I still think we are right to aspire to more than stability even this season when you see how poor some of the teams above us have been

Archived