BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] BLACKBURN ROVERS V'S IPSWICH

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4-4

Entire midfield pick up ankle injuries, Bowyer to blame ref for an incident leading up to their inevitable penalty, Hanley sent off for hitching a piggy back on McGoldrick from the half way line to the 18 yard box.

Easy.

Should be an interesting duel. Inexperienced manager against one of the most experienced in the game. I've always liked McCarthy and he would have been my choice as manager when Kean was sacked - he was available at the time if I recall.

Rovers 1 Ipswich 2.

Remember a lot of fans turning their nose up at the prospect of Big Mick managing Rovers last season. Remember pejoratives like "dinosaur" being banded about, and reference made to his PL record, seemingly oblivious to the league the club actually finds itself in and his experience of getting teams out of it. He's transformed Ipswich from relegation certainties into playoff contenders. Probably the same numpties who wanted Shearer or Sherwood to manage the club.

I remember it a bit different, lots of people thought he would be a good if unspectacular appointment

Big Mick has a great record in this league and has built a solid side after he has been given a good bit of time to do so, no surprise to see them have a decent season.

Rovers on the other hand would be a huge 2 points behind if we win.

I like McCarthy, and would have been pleased if he'd gotten the job but Bowyer can't be doing that badly if we are pretty close.

Bit of luck in our favour we win this one.

Remember a lot of fans turning their nose up at the prospect of Big Mick managing Rovers last season. Remember pejoratives like "dinosaur" being banded about, and reference made to his PL record, seemingly oblivious to the league the club actually finds itself in and his experience of getting teams out of it. He's transformed Ipswich from relegation certainties into playoff contenders. Probably the same numpties who wanted Shearer or Sherwood to manage the club.

Big Mick is possibly the only manager in the world more dour than Bowyer.

His post-match interviews alone are enough to make you hate football.

Bowyer has arguably done the same with us, but anyway...

Only due to gross mismanagement on and off the pitch. That squad of players should never have been in a relegation fight to begin with. We're a recently relegated club paying PL wages. Ipswich were a bottom-half Championship club before Mick took over. Trying to compare the two out of context is more than a little disingenuous, DE.

knowing Rovers, they'll romp home 3-0 and all the daft talk of an outside sniff of the playoffs will start up again - even more so if we turn QPR over the following Tuesday. However back in the real world I'm going for a 1-1 draw, with 'BRINGING STABILITY' being the watch word - I prefer to call it drifting towards the end of the season.

BRING ON THE APATHY! :mellow:

I just dont get why Bowyer doesnt go for it. Get Gestede Rhodes King Dunn Conway Cairney all on the pitch at the same time and just bloody well go for the win. Forget the likes of Williamson. Evans has hardly set the world alight since he returned.

We can't defend anyway and concede goals for fun playing with Bowyers cautious approach. Recently we have even scored a few playing with his cautious approach. What difference is it going to make if he loosened the shackles? We might win 5-4!

This is not the premier league whereby each place is worth a million quid more. It's the championship. It does not matter if we finish 7th or 17th. If we dropped down the table as a result of playing a more cavalier attacking approach; so be it. On the other hand 5 wins could actually still sneak us into the play offs! I dont believe that to be impossible if bowyer adopted a 'gung-ho' nothing to lose approach.

I just dont get why Bowyer doesnt go for it. Get Gestede Rhodes King Dunn Conway Cairney all on the pitch at the same time and just bloody well go for the win. Forget the likes of Williamson. Evans has hardly set the world alight since he returned.

We can't defend anyway and concede goals for fun playing with Bowyers cautious approach. Recently we have even scored a few playing with his cautious approach. What difference is it going to make if he loosened the shackles? We might win 5-4!

This is not the premier league whereby each place is worth a million quid more. It's the championship. It does not matter if we finish 7th or 17th. If we dropped down the table as a result of playing a more cavalier attacking approach; so be it. On the other hand 5 wins could actually still sneak us into the play offs! I dont believe that to be impossible if bowyer adopted a 'gung-ho' nothing to lose approach.

Dunn and Cairney in centre mid??? Both attacking mind players. wouldnt work and would be exposed by Ipswich the counter for sure.

Is it Gestede and Rhodes as a partnership up front or Dunn or Cairney in behind Rhodes or Gestede in 4-4-1-1 formation?

Archived