BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] BLACKBURN ROVERS V'S IPSWICH

Disagree. I gave up summer 2011 cos of their lies, the stench of Kean, Anderson, the very public (and very convenient) disloyalty to EHD, the disposal of most of the senior management, the two Jones boys, the disgruntle Frenchies etc etc.The Venkymob still own the club (thank goodness cos I really fear for what will happen when they tire of it) ) but have quite obviously had a change of tack, taken a back seat and left the running of the club to 'football people'. The air is much cleaner down at Ewood these days and I'm enjoying the football 'experience' much more now. How long it will last I don't know, what people want tio do with their time and money I don't know either but I do feel a number are now making the venkymob a convenient excuse to stay away.

You gave up going over the "Venkymob", its hardly fair to criticise others for doing exactly the same thing.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You gave up going over the "Venkymob", its hardly fair to criticise others for doing exactly the same thing.

Course I bloody did! What else could I do when the club was being damaged on a weekly basis? I'm still amazed that a few more of our more ovine supporters couldn't see the wood for the bloody trees back then!

You need to read my post more slowly 47er. tbh I dont think you have read past the first line.

Yawn!!!!!!

Err what has this got to do with the Ipswich game thread?

Everyone is free to choose whether they do or don't want to go down to Ewood buts lets not have the boycott debate on every topic.

Cracking result, gives us a very very slim chance of the play-offs but team is setting up nicely for next season.

Well it's my birthday today and I was dreading celebrating my 60th with a rovers loss. However, they won. It wasn't good but the goals were lovely and we won, so temporarily at least I'm not moaning, just enjoying the feeling.

Perfect replacement. He was out on his feet after 60minutes and had to be subbed.

Williams, the Ipswich 25 who ran the show for them was nowhere near match fit. That's why he tired.

He reminded me of a certain Chris Taylor who played against us for Millwall last season.

IMO Taylor looked the better player. I wonder what happened.

Got it. Millwall players are being trained in fitness better.

If McCarthy -who I don't particularly like- got hold of our entire squad as it is including the plumbs out on loan then I'm sure he'd fashion a first 11, plus subs that would almost guarantee top 6 next season. That's not a slight on GB as he's assembled half a good team but it shows what we need IMO to take the next step.

I agree about Jonny Williams, looked a really good player first half. He's on a month loan from Palace to get his fitness back and some game time after injury so that would explain him disappearing in the 2nd half.

Anyway, good result, if not the best performance. Thought Killa & Keane were excellent (I hope we can get a deal for him, although I think Utd might want him back next year with Vidic leaving & Ferdinand non existent).

Good to see TC getting back to form and I've yet to see Conway have a poor game, his delivery is superb. Class finish from Rhodes, I believe that's his 9th goal for us with his left foot (some stat that someone dragged out on Radio Rovers after the game), if you take away the penalties I bet it's pretty even between his head, right and left. Rhodes knockers can say what they want, but I think that's pretty impressive, how many strikers miss chances because they went with the 'wrong foot'?

QPR will be a good test on Tues. If we get a win and other results go our way, I might start hoping again. Either way it should be a good benchmark test for next season.

On the subject of attendances, I think there are a fair few ST holders not turning up. There have been at least 4 on my row that haven't been since the Dingle game who never missed prior to that. I hope it's just temporary apathy for the end of this season and they'll return next year because otherwise it doesn't bode well for next year if this is multiplied by a couple of thousand.

Anyway, I'll still be there, and will be on Tues!

How long has that team been together ? (not a dig - just curious)

I wouldn't know the answer to that but you can't deny that it's a glaring statistic that underlines how much we've underachieved.

I wouldn't know the answer to that but you can't deny that it's a glaring statistic that underlines how much we've underachieved.

depends which way you look at it?

McCarthy has had zero money to spend there. most of his signings are free transfers with odd cash buy or player from Academy like Hyam.

done a very good job but its like they will be just short of playoffs like Rovers i think will be.

Bowyer has made some very good signings mostly with the cash he had to spend like Conway, Gestede, Cairney, Evans, Marshall. his free transfers signings were a couple good signings, couple ok signings and 4/5 poor signings.

But now we have a proper scouting network which Bowyer put inplace in the summer hopefully we will better quality free transfers. thats where i see GB making most of his signings this summer

Really enjoyed the match report. It reminds me of the proper, descriptive days of Alf Thornton, whose reports I read with relish.

Also, I agree with your analysis of Williamson. Bit of a connundrum is Williamson.Certainly divides opinion. Sometimes he looks imperious. I can't quite grasp what else has to happen in the team around him to make him have his ( to me) very good days. I guess that is why-like Steve Kean- I am not a manager!

Ipswich line up cost less than £400,000...

Just further highlights how we've underachieved this season.

I prefer to think of it as how much we have overpaid for ours! I think I represent the majority opinion too. Those injuns have had their necks pulled out well and truly. Fools and their money as the saying goes.

Archived