BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] BLACKBURN ROVERS V'S IPSWICH

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Your worse than chaddy.. If your predictions had come true we would 30 points clear PMSL

People tell me off for being negative so trying this positivity lark - ain't working so far

For everyone on about Big Mick it's worth considering the fact he's been at loggerheads with elements of the Ipswich crowd almost since he set foot in the place. He's a bit of a marmite manager like Allardyce but sometimes reading here you'd think we were the only set of fans in the world who had a moan !

Ipswich are doing ok this season, but with our new found stability thanks to our ambitious owners, I think we'll beat this expected Ipswich line up 2-0;

Paul Cooper

Steve McCall

Mick Mills

Frans Thijssen

Russel Osman

Terry Butcher

John Wark

Arnold Muhren

Paul Mariner

Alan Brazil

Eric Gates.

Enjoyed watching that Ipswich team above. Wark was so good in the box it was like having another striker.

Tough game to call, but we should be confident at home. 2.1 Rovers, with some poor finishing from Ipswich.

John Wark would be earning a fortune these days, probably playing for Man City or Chelsea.

British players were much better in those days than now, Gascoigne was probably the last Brit to be a top notch player,

far too many overhyped like Rooney around now, and what happened to all the class footballers from Scotland, that is

such a shame !

• Backroom

Only due to gross mismanagement on and off the pitch. That squad of players should never have been in a relegation fight to begin with. We're a recently relegated club paying PL wages. Ipswich were a bottom-half Championship club before Mick took over. Trying to compare the two out of context is more than a little disingenuous, DE.

I'd say this season we're very similar to Ipswich. The squads have about the same level of quality, both have had to rebuild after some awful managerial appointments (Keane and Jewell in Ipswich's case), and both are hovering around the playoffs having never had the consistency to enter the top 6 for any sustained period throughout the season. If we beat Ipswich we're only 2 points away from them, we've basically been swapping places with them all season.

I think it could actually be argued Bowyer had a tougher job than McCarthy. Forget this "just relegated" nonsense, so were Wolves with a squad on PL wages and look what happened there. It wasn't necessarily gross mismanagement there, the players just didn't want to play for the team. Similarly our relegated players were paid tons of money and for the most part utter crap. Bowyer, much like McCarthy, has had to completely restructure and retrain the team just to do the basics right. Difference is Bowyer has no boardroom to support him, fan unrest after less than a full season in charge, dwindling attendances and huge wage drains such as Etuhu still on the books. It's no surprise to me we're around the same position as Ipswich and it'll be no surprise to me if we're both competing seriously for a playoff spot next year if both managers are retained. I don't think either team is quite ready yet for the playoffs this season though.

Dunn and Cairney in centre mid??? Both attacking mind players. wouldnt work and would be exposed by Ipswich the counter for sure.

Is it Gestede and Rhodes as a partnership up front or Dunn or Cairney in behind Rhodes or Gestede in 4-4-1-1 formation?

Well either a 4-3-3. Or a 4-4-2 with cairney and Dunn in the middle. You say it wouldn't work? How do you know unless we give it a try? nothing else has worked this season!

There is of course a chance it wouldnt work. And we might get stuffed! Equally it could work and we might stuff them. Nothing to lose.

Positivity is so 2011/2012, Stability is the new black

Ipswich are doing ok this season, but with our new found stability thanks to our ambitious owners, I think we'll beat this expected Ipswich line up 2-0;

Paul Cooper

Steve McCall

Mick Mills

Frans Thijssen

Russel Osman

Terry Butcher

John Wark

Arnold Muhren

Paul Mariner

Alan Brazil

Eric Gates.

The above two posts now have cleaning red wine out of my carpet, thanks!!!

John Wark would be earning a fortune these days, probably playing for Man City or Chelsea.

British players were much better in those days than now, Gascoigne was probably the last Brit to be a top notch player,

far too many overhyped like Rooney around now, and what happened to all the class footballers from Scotland, that is

such a shame !

What are you on about we've got Jordan Rhodes, who needs Souness???

Paul Cooper

Steve McCall

Mick Mills

Frans Thijssen

Russel Osman

Terry Butcher

John Wark

Arnold Muhren

Paul Mariner

Alan Brazil

Eric Gates.

That was some team, mostly home grown players as well.

Let's keep the unbeaten run going today rovers. Hope Williamson is not selected as he is a very weak player and Lowe can play rb, king and Rudy must play.

Archived