BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfers - In & Out

• Replies 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply

fact?

I'll tell you a fact. It's impossible to have a discussion with someone who is that deeply entrenched in negativity.

I'll tell you another fact- life goes on. We all experienced the same crime you did - why let that dominate your psyche forever!! It can't be healthy.

Your average reply to this will be "hooray for stability, queen Rao and the hairy fair world of balaji" but why bang your head against the wall over things you cannot change!

If Feeney signs, it's because the manager (rightly or wrongly) wants him in his squad. It's not because Jeromeo is sleeping at brockhall..

It's not that i rate him, i'm just not writing him off based on a few cameo appearances when he clearly wasn't match fit.

WHAT ABOUT THE OTHER VIEWS FROM MILLWALL?

I'll tell you a fact. It's impossible to have a discussion with someone who is that deeply entrenched in negativity.

I'll tell you another fact- life goes on. We all experienced the same crime you did - why let that dominate your psyche forever!! It can't be healthy.

Your average reply to this will be "hooray for stability, queen Rao and the hairy fair world of balaji" but why bang your head against the wall over things you cannot change!

If Feeney signs, it's because the manager (rightly or wrongly) wants him in his squad. It's not because Jeromeo is sleeping at brockhall..

I BOW TO YOUR GREATER KNOWLEDGE.

in my experience the fans are rarely wrong and some professionals are very reluctant to admit they have made a mistake and push their signing when it is obvious to everyone that it is not going to work.

I'm sorry but that's plain daft. In my experience fans don't posses the understanding to offer reasonable arguments- hence why thousands celebrated the sacking of Big Sam.

WHAT ABOUT THE OTHER VIEWS FROM MILLWALL?

I BOW TO YOUR GREATER KNOWLEDGE.

I work with kids 20 odd years younger who are far less childish!

Great phrase!! It should be used like a mantra on this message board, when fans turn their powerless anger on fellow sufferers, who just have a different view or a different response to the..er Blackburn situation ( neutral phrase). I know it might be a bit boring, but it is a real bug bear of mine to do whatever little bit I can to unite the fans, who, as you so rightly say, suffered the same crime.

The trouble is that normal cut and thrust disagreement/challenge/banter that I enjoy so much always runs a risk of descending into the divide part of "divide and rule" aspect of our culture, given our unfortunate, recent history.

Jeromeo, wherefore art thou?!....Lol

Seems to be a bit of an overreaction on here about Feeney. Chances are he won't come back here but Bowyer hasn't completely ruled it out.

More likely to end up at Bolton. Wherever he ends up, won't be on anything close to 20k.

I want Bowyer to rule it out-----completely! So do most fans I suspect because he isn't what we need.

Couple of points:

- Rio Ferdinand leaving utd will not help our chances of Keane returning.

- John Brayford. Right back. Linked in last nights LET and mentioned in one post on here. He has been on loan at sheff utd for the 2nd half of the season. I've watched a fair few sheff utd games on tv in the league and fa cup because an old school mate (Chris porter) plays for them.

Sheff utd's form in the 2nd half of the season was equivalent to automatic promotion form, coupled with a great fa cup run. They just had an awful start.

Brayford was an integral part of their fine form. In the few times i saw on tv he was excellent and really influenced games. (as oppose to adam henley who hides)

Solid tenacious defender, but with a turn of pace to get forward, beat players, good distribution and even scored a couple for sheff utd. The complete full back. In my opinion he would be a great signing and would be first choice right back.

Care to provide references for those facts? Sounds more like opinion being stated as fact.

Care to provide references for those facts? Sounds more like opinion being stated as fact.

"The last twelve months" by G. Bowyer, published but not written by Rao industries.

Whether it's opinion or fact- name a player we've splurged on under GB who hasn't took part? Why on earth would he start now.

DEN- your post does not make any difference? Your point is I'm posting my opinion, after saying the average fan cannot function enough to build reasonable arguments...

Are you trying to make me suggest my opinion is above average? I'd suggest that's true because I actually go a bit further than the black and white world of most football fans e.g. If a players not amazing instantly they are "@#/?"

DEN- your post does not make any difference? Your point is I'm posting my opinion, after saying the average fan cannot function enough to build reasonable arguments...

Are you trying to make me suggest my opinion is above average? I'd suggest that's true because I actually go a bit further than the black and white world of most football fans e.g. If a players not amazing instantly they are "@#/?"

I didn't expect that reply JB. You're saying that your opinions are more valid than others?

I didn't expect that reply JB. You're saying that your opinions are more valid than others?

If "others" opinions are simple black and white "Championship Fantasy Hindsight Tacical Expert Football Manager" opinions then yes.

Someone I know was APPARENTLY talking to a scout of palace at the Wigan game and this scout said Hanley to palace is nearly a done deal.

The lad who told me is a genuine lad and doesn't really make things up so not sure whether to dismiss him or not

I'm sorry but that's plain daft. In my experience fans don't posses the understanding to offer reasonable arguments- hence why thousands celebrated the sacking of Big Sam.

And you say this because ..

Don't forget his mate says he is just a WUM

If "others" opinions are simple black and white "Championship Fantasy Hindsight Tacical Expert Football Manager" opinions then yes.

If I said what I thought I would cop another ban so I will just think it

I'm afraid you are exhibiting a "superiority complex" here JB. Hardly likely to win you any fans!

Apologies- but real fans aren't glory supporters :)

The irony though- I'm not saying my opinion matters more than everyone- but how could a thought out reply be less valid than a simple "he/she is ****"...

It can't be. What I'm saying is I would like to think my opinion is more valid than others who don't evaluate and just offer ill thought out throwaway opinion. That's not being up my own arse.

And as off the WUM stuff from Khod- can we stop using this now. If I posted in admin that he was post op- would you take it as FACT?

Someone I know was APPARENTLY talking to a scout of palace at the Wigan game and this scout said Hanley to palace is nearly a done deal.

The lad who told me is a genuine lad and doesn't really make things up so not sure whether to dismiss him or not

My good friend lives with Hanley. I will find out tonight if this is true or not

Couple of points:

- John Brayford. Right back. Linked in last nights LET and mentioned in one post on here. He has been on loan at sheff utd for the 2nd half of the season. I've watched a fair few sheff utd games on tv in the league and fa cup because an old school mate (Chris porter) plays for them.

Sheff utd's form in the 2nd half of the season was equivalent to automatic promotion form, coupled with a great fa cup run. They just had an awful start.

Brayford was an integral part of their fine form. In the few times i saw on tv he was excellent and really influenced games. (as oppose to adam henley who hides)

Solid tenacious defender, but with a turn of pace to get forward, beat players, good distribution and even scored a couple for sheff utd. The complete full back. In my opinion he would be a great signing and would be first choice right back.

So why wasnt he doing that for the club he is contracted to in the league above ?

I want Bowyer to rule it out-----completely! So do most fans I suspect because he isn't what we need.

Arrogant sod. Of course the fans who have been playing and watching football all their lives understand the game. They may have differing views but they know what they are talking about.

Couple of points:

Sounds like a good prospect.

Arrogant sod. Of course the fans who have been playing and watching football all their lives understand the game. They may have differing views but they know what they are talking about.

Sounds like a good prospect.

Arghhh just to clarify I don't think my opinion is above general football fans I just don't think that you can give credence to views expressed in such black and white ways. Nuff said.

For Brayford, I couldn't give an opinion on him- I imagine Terry Mc's contacts at Crewe may have pointed us in that direction.

When big Sam was sacked from Rovers there was uproar, even though many didnt like his style, many of those thought that with money to spend he could change that perception or at least be given the chance to do so.

So why wasnt he doing that for the club he is contracted to in the league above ?

Brayford has done it in the Championship with Derby, he was highly rated and a few Prem clubs were chasing him. Cardiff signed him when they got promoted to the Prem. and I think he has fallen out of favour as Tan has deemed him one of the poor signings by Mackay.

Archived