BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfers - In & Out

Another thing about the loan signings of players like Varney and Feeney is they were loan signings from C'ship clubs outside the transfer window.

So logic would say they were never going to be that good anyway, as otherwise their clubs wouldn't want to let them go....unless they had an attitude problem eg Ravel Morrison.

So I don't think you can say Bowyer got his judgement wrong in determining a good player with those two.....he just felt he needed extra bodies in and they were probably the best we could have done.

In yet it's being reported he wants to sign Feeney.

• Replies 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another thing about the loan signings of players like Varney and Feeney is they were loan signings from C'ship clubs outside the transfer window.

So logic would say they were never going to be that good anyway, as otherwise their clubs wouldn't want to let them go....unless they had an attitude problem eg Ravel Morrison.

So I don't think you can say Bowyer got his judgement wrong in determining a good player with those two.....he just felt he needed extra bodies in and they were probably the best we could have done.

None of the 21 players were wanted by their clubs.

Millwall fans don't like him at all and he couldn't get in what they rate as one of their poorest sides for some time. If Bowyer gives him 20k a week to come here that's utter b####x in my opinion. It would point to something being still amiss here, thing is who's getting the kick backs this time ? Surely if we are paying that kind of coin it can be put to far far better use than that fella. I thought he may have been ok as a back up on a low end championship wage.

If we pay that fat waster 200 quid a week then there's something still amiss. . Pay him thousands a pounds a week then darker forces are at play .

Exactly. He'll prob only get the 200 a week :) the rest will be finding it's way elsewhere. Why the hell would any club pay any bog standard championship player more than 7/8k a wk. I'd play Conner Mahonney as back up before paying that coin.

Millwall fans don't like him at all and he couldn't get in what they rate as one of their poorest sides for some time. If Bowyer gives him 20k a week to come here that's utter b####x in my opinion. It would point to something being still amiss here, thing is who's getting the kick backs this time ? Surely if we are paying that kind of coin it can be put to far far better use than that fella. I thought he may have been ok as a back up on a low end championship wage.

Hmmm. You took the words out of my mouth....£20 effing grand??!!

I'm fairly sure Bowyer has nothing to do with how much the players get paid.

That would be negotiated by del boy shaw with anybody who he brings in to "help" with negotiations and the players agent/advisor wouldn't it?

Im fairly sure he will know his overall playing budget and will get final say on signings once Shaw has negotiated how much each potential would cost.

Alan Nixon says his wages at Rovers if he signs would be much lower than that's report says

What ! You mean Nicko didn't say we were selling Rhodes to Wigan/Bowton/Bumley in order to afford Feeney. Really has lost his touch that big Al :)

Anyone think we should go for Theo Robinson as our back up striker? He'd give the pace our other strikers lack and he will be on a small wage aswell and we would probaly get him on the cheap due to Doncaster's relegation.

Could do worse.

Don't want Feeney to sign. Bowyer said in the LT that it was something he would look at later in the summer. So I am hoping its just paper talk and he isn't signing anytime soon.

20k per week? Surely that cant be true, we are supposedly bringing the wages down, why would we suddenly start offering loads to complete no marks again?

If you think we are signing a player on a free from Millwall for 20k a week then all you deserve is ridicule.

Can somebody please explain why this is even been discussed? Use yer noggins.

Archived