BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfers - In & Out

But still costing a wage Chaddy.

and a signing on fee and possible agent fee, no such thing as a free lunch or in this case a free transfer especially at this club with the gravy train still running. Let's just hope somebody is now checking the paperwork of the person who is checking the paperwork

• Replies 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Feeney would be free transfer. out of contract this summer.

If that position was a priority Chaddy, I'm sure there'd be better options who were also out of contract.

Surely of more importance, goalkeeper, centre back &right back who are available that offer value for money and can improve what we've already got. Once that's established then perhaps let's look at a flair player.

First and foremost we need to clear the decks before adding another wage to the bench.

but we would be cutting the wage bill if Taylor and Judge go and we would be getting transfer fees for both

You still don't get it do you Chaddy? Both Taylor and Judge are better players than Feeney and have no agent or signing on fee. It's a backward step to sign a useless player. If they signed Mary Poppins you would say it was a good move.

but we would be cutting the wage bill if Taylor and Judge go and we would be getting transfer fees for both

True. And here is the chance spend money wisely. Think about if could terminate Campbell's contract as he seems to be commited illegal match fixing. Should we go and sign Varney? Rovers have done some very stupid signings as a major part of the wage bill are used on players not performing at all. So why spend a single penny on Feeney who atleast shouldn't ever feature for us as he isn't good enough.

If that position was a priority Chaddy, I'm sure there'd be better options who were also out of contract.

Surely of more importance, goalkeeper, centre back &right back who are available that offer value for money and can improve what we've already got. Once that's established then perhaps let's look at a flair player.

First and foremost we need to clear the decks before adding another wage to the bench.

Why on Earth do folk want us to sign a goalkeeper? For what we can attract we would struggle to improve on Robbo.

Is it correct to say that he offers less than 1% chance of scoring a goal and thats from playing in the centre of midfield.

But as we have already witnessed, such are Goals of the Season made of!

Why on Earth do folk want us to sign a goalkeeper? For what we can attract we would struggle to improve on Robbo.

I agree, other than the alleged cost.

Robbo's no world beater and less so when considering his probable £1 million salary.

I agree, other than the alleged cost.

Robbo's no world beater and less so when considering his probable £1 million salary.

I think Goalkeeper is our weakest position. Paul 'Anything low, let it go' Robinson will harm our promotion chances.

He is a great leader and good at stopping some types of shots. But the parts of his game that are weak are really bad.

My god, I think this is the first thread where nearly everyone agrees with each other on something. Perhaps we should sign Feeney after all, he's got us all agreeing on the fact he's crap! :huh:

On the goalkeeper situation, I've no problem with Robbo (putting wages aside) but we're one broken finger or dislocated shoulder away from having Eastwood and Kean! This is why we need a keeper.

I do actually think Kean will come good again but think he needs time away from Ewood on loan to regain his form & confidence. IMO we should never have let Sandomierski go, I don't think he was anything outstanding but he was definitely steady. In this league I think that's all you really need your keeper to be to do well. A keeper who doesn't drop crosses and let in soft goals means a confident back four.

ha ha you talk some s***.............

moving players both in and out the agents get a fee...think about it ^_^

...as for Feeney FFS you havent got a scooby do...

I think any links to players before Bowyer has been to India are a bit of a waste of time because he won't know his budget.

One hope I have is that if it is a choice between bringing in an average player as back-up, or giving the squad place to one of our youngsters like Rittenberg - I hope we go with our youngsters.

Thought this comment on there says a lot:-

"Wow. When he said championship I thought at best he was hoping that Orient or Rotherham went up to try to get a trial there, but Blackburn and Bolton? Jordan Rhodes must be quivering right now....."

Archived