BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfers - In & Out

More Rhodes, Gestede, Conway, Spurr & Cairney. Less Etuhu, Best, DJ, Murphy, Goodwille.

Essentially, do similar to Burnley this year. Buy players that want to be good. That will try. That will believe. That will run through walls for wax other. No older, former stars. No foreigners, that don't understand what this league is about. Sign players that other clubs will let go. Players with a point to prove. Raid Leicester's team, watch as they sign Danish central midfielders for 8million quid, sign the players they decide they don't need now they are premierleague for less than 1m quid. Players that know and understand this league and have experience of winning it.

• Replies 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

According the the Nickoracle Rovers want Feeney on a full time deal and Feeney expects an offer today

Bowyer out again! :P

I thought we'd given up being a home for poor players landed on us by greatfull :) agents. Please don't sign Varney as well, we've proved we can do better than these two. Is it a given at Rovers that when you sign a few decent players you have to balance it out by signing a couple of sh##e ones as well ?

what other influences?

more rumours again that are unhelpful to Rovers

if we are signing Feeney does that mean Taylor and Judge are leaving?

i guess the Feeney signing will be free transfer so not too bad that way.

It doesn't matter whether he is a free transfer or not. The bottom line is that he simply isn't good enough and will add nothing to the squad apart from restricting the progress of promising young players like Rittenberg and Mahoney. And the same applies to Varney.

Pilkington is a good shout as he is a Rovers fans

Need ship out at least another 10 players in the summer, and sign at least 5 whether on loan of permanent I don't mind. Just would like to see a right back, a CM, an additional striker, and a winger brought in.

Songo'o has had an amazing second half of the season at Ross County so I would like to see him given a chance within the squad as back up.

Do we know for sure that he is a fan? Or does that come naturally with being born in Blackburn? Not trying to be smart, just wondering.

If he is, would he come here if/when Norwich goes down? Or would he seek a move to another Premier League team in order to keep the place in the national team? Would be a great signing if possible.

And Feeny. no, just no. He hasn't shown anything that would merit an offer from us.

• Backroom

Jal, Bowyer is in full control of transfers. he choose the players that He wants to sign for the club and nobody else

With a due respect you don't know that to be fully true you are just stating what you hope to be true as fact again.

I think he is in control for the most part but there's no chance in hell Bowyer was behind the Dabo deal

I think we should try to get Duffy on loan from Everton. Although at Yeovil, had a rather decent loan spell this season. Not sure if Everton would send him away as a loanee another season.

With a due respect you don't know that to be fully true you are just stating what you hope to be true as fact again.

I think he is in control for the most part but there's no chance in hell Bowyer was behind the Dabo deal

Hate being "fickle" but how do you know what your saying is true?

He may have been introduced by an agent but essentially what makes him a "Formica"

I have ask Kamy, Andy Cryer, Paul Wheelock and Alan Nixon does Gary Bowyer have control of transfers. all have answered yeah he does. these ppl have very good sources at Rovers.

Dabo was recommend to Bowyer through a scout or somebody he knows. sadly not good enough for this league physically.

Thank goodness it is only a Nicko rumour. Feeney offers nothing. It's strange that the manager pick a few gems and then somebody that we all know will not improve the team but will just cost money that we don't have and take the place of somebody with something to offer.

I haven't seen enough of Feeney to rate him- but that may be the problem. If he was a good player for our team at this level, surely he may of contributed at least something? Reminds me of that Cameron lad of last season and I can't see Gary keeping him unless one or two of the other squad players for right wing e.g. Taylor leave.

Do we know for sure that he is a fan? Or does that come naturally with being born in Blackburn? Not trying to be smart, just wondering.

If he is, would he come here if/when Norwich goes down? Or would he seek a move to another Premier League team in order to keep the place in the national team? Would be a great signing if possible.

And Feeny. no, just no. He hasn't shown anything that would merit an offer from us.

It doesn't come naturally lol evident in the red shirts you see knocking about far too often ! Pilkington has been on record as saying he grew up a Rovers fan though.

Archived